Thanks! @alv4426 I probably will make more. I'll let you know when I do. Basic skills on a lathe + a couple hours is all it took! And I think that is like $4 of scrap tube from the shop lol
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
post your grado mods.... - Page 412post #6166 of 61743/25/15 at 8:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6167 of 61743/25/15 at 10:12pmpost #6168 of 61743/25/15 at 11:52pmpost #6169 of 61743/26/15 at 6:42am
It should be possible to find a localish anodizer. I know there are several in this area, it usually doesn't cost too much either. Powder coating could also be a viable option, especially for a gloss finish or even to finish in other colors.post #6170 of 61743/29/15 at 12:40am
sharks where are you at in NJ? Last couple of years I was living in Maplewood/Newark, but just moved back home. yeah GREQ I think you're right so I googled anodizing and it popped up a local place that just so happens to be the building next door to where I work. I never knew what it was until now! lucky me. I just hope it's not too expensive...post #6171 of 61743/29/15 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by t-crisis
sharks where are you at in NJ? Last couple of years I was living in Maplewood/Newark, but just moved back home. yeah GREQ I think you're right so I googled anodizing and it popped up a local place that just so happens to be the building next door to where I work. I never knew what it was until now! lucky me. I just hope it's not too expensive...
If you don't mind, would you report back on a price to have the cups anodized please? I'm interested in anodizing my PS1K's someday, I never really liked the Chrome finish.
Thanks!post #6172 of 61743/29/15 at 7:27ampost #6173 of 61743/29/15 at 8:04amQuote:
Good to know…I'm in Staten Island N.Y. so I'm not far from Paterson N.J.post #6174 of 61743/29/15 at 1:46pm
i have a driver on an sr60 that's not working...does anyone know if it can be repaired or whether i should just shop around for a replacement? one channel wasn't working, so i removed the leads, cleaned the pads, re-soldered, but still no sound. the cable shows continuity from the 1/8" to the other end, so i think it's fine there.
when i use the MM to probe the two pads there is no signal going through...
anyway, if anyone knows anything, i'm all ears. thanks.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 second ago
- › Three Word Story 36 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › Heir Audio Rendition 1 Portable Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Agave Green Bang & Olufsen H6 Limited Edition (My Favourite... 4 minutes ago
- › "best" for classical music He 500 or HE 560+Burson Soloist . 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2