Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
post your grado mods.... - Page 368post #5506 of 551010/18/14 at 1:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5507 of 551010/19/14 at 6:43am
Looks like a super-neat, well done job.
I got a visit from Jim, the local woodturner I know, last night. He dropped two pairs of Lignum Vitae off that he finished yesterday morning:post #5508 of 551010/19/14 at 2:36pmpost #5509 of 551010/20/14 at 1:55am
My Grado SR225e mod...
- Grado SR225e
- Tamarind Stalted Wood
- Actually got it from Indonesia from a friendly chap on Facebook, they look stunning.
- You also don't need foam nor detaching and desoldering the cable from the driver. (good tolerances, and they use the "slit" design for the cable)
- I did however had to solder and all because I added a female jack for the removable system for the cables
- Head Band
- Custom made from leather,
- I came up with the design, finishing and materials, inside as well as outside and got it made professionally
- It took a couple of iterations, check my last post on my first mod to see all iterations
- Internally on the top of the head band there is a hard plastic sheet, this is to keep the shape and keep the metal strip from protruding on the leather and leaving a mark over time
- in the inside bottom there is memory foam, so its comfortable on the head
- Laser engrave
- The Bird 06 is to complement my first mod the Bird 05 (long story, who cares right?!?!! LOL)
- Custom made from leather,
- I used White PET expandable sleeving because it matches my desk design (ALL Apple stuff, Im a apple bitch!!!)
- I also made the cables removable, as this is my walk around the house headphone, I will make another cable soon... (the white will get dirty very quick as i cook with them on)
- If you look closely there is a little detail in yellow on one of the connectors, thats how i know left from right.
- The big triangle was removed from the original cable, too bulky.
- The SR225 are stunning, I'm sure that all of you guys know already.
- Disclaimer: I can't say for certain how did this wood changed the tonality of my cans because I modded them before burning them in properly. Also I only had them for 2 days before the mod, not time enough to get a major feel for it.
- To my ears the wood smoothed the sound, almost as if I plugged them in a tube amp. The attack was not compromised but noticeable less sharp, probably due to the fact that wood is more dampening than plastic. Also i hear an almost "organic" sound to them, it is hard to describe but lower mids kind of sound "hollow", it is probably placebo effect because i know its wood but its cool nonetheless. This could be also because now they are more burned in.
- Sorry I could not give a proper sound comparison. Ill try to be more patient next time................................NOT....
PS: since those pics I update the cable... Its still white, still the same cable, but the finish is much better than those pics...
Edited by LeoTheAwesome - Yesterday at 1:23 pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 17 seconds ago
- › FS: Mint Schiit Modi DAC (and Vali, and RCA cables) 51 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › creative labs soundblaster ZX issue 2 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help needed choosing headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 5 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)