^ stunning! ^
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
post your grado mods.... - Page 321post #4801 of 75293/14/14 at 3:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4802 of 75293/14/14 at 6:11am
I recently received a pair of 325i's. I've been really contemplating about whether or not I should get some wooden cups for them. Martins cups are just so beautiful. but at the same time, i feel as if the metal cups do a sufficient enough job. plus i already have my wooden magnums. any thoughts anyone?post #4803 of 75293/14/14 at 6:27am
...I have thought about the 325is a lot as well. They aren't first on my project list lately (looking at trying to do a Thunderpants style build, or something along the lines of the Darth Beyer), but you're right...woodying them seems a crime. How about wooden inner sleeves though?post #4804 of 75293/14/14 at 6:30am
hmm valid point. I couldnt do that myself though, I've never liberated a driver before and I would be worried I'd do irreparable damage. And nice! The thunderpants have always interested me. I'm sure they sound amazing. Consider me jealous.post #4805 of 75293/14/14 at 6:31ampost #4806 of 75293/14/14 at 6:33am
Personally, woodying 325is is blasphemy. The metal cups are what make them sound so awesome, otherwise I would've done it long ago (because let's face it, those golden cups are ugly and some of these wooden ones look absolutely stunning).post #4807 of 75293/14/14 at 6:48ampost #4808 of 75293/14/14 at 7:10ampost #4809 of 75293/14/14 at 7:38amQuote:
that's basically what I was thinking. what about inner wooden sleeves? has anyone tried them on a pair of 325is?post #4810 of 75293/14/14 at 8:10am
I did a pair of wooden inner sleeve with the Golden metal cups with magnum v4 drivers a little while back for another member here, and I must say the sound is fantastic. The sound is clear and crisp, and the timbre is just great.
It sounds noticeably better than my own fully woodied (mahogany) v3 magnums. So good in fact, I am now looking to build a set for myself.post #4811 of 75293/14/14 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by fleasbaby
...I have thought about the 325is a lot as well. They aren't first on my project list lately (looking at trying to do a Thunderpants style build, or something along the lines of the Darth Beyer), but you're right...woodying them seems a crime. How about wooden inner sleeves though?
i made one headphone (as usual with my foto filter and adaptor rings as aluminium housing) with wooden sleeves, sr325is drivers, all holes vented, the result is great sounding, much more similar to a PS500 i had the chance to listen to.post #4812 of 75293/14/14 at 5:31pm
I have a pair of magnums that I believe has plastic inner sleeves...but they're kind of settled inside my wooden cups. I'll provide pictures next week. I would be interested in seeing how those sound with wooden inner sleeves.post #4813 of 75293/15/14 at 7:30amMore fun and games from Jim! These walnut ones and a soon-to-done pair of Mahogany (he ran out and has to pick some up today) are spoken for:
These are from Lignum Vitae and are an experiment. They weigh twice what the Walnuts do:
I am finding I prefer the tight, controlled sound of the hardwoods, am dying to see how these perform.post #4814 of 75293/15/14 at 9:38amQuote:
You mean the super hard woods, I like them too.
That Lignum Vitae is actually very beautiful.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Earbuds Round-Up 25 seconds ago
- › Shure SE215 - cutting out issues 31 seconds ago
- › Topping NX-1 portable headphone amplifier 38 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear