^ stunning! ^
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
post your grado mods.... - Page 321post #4801 of 77283/14/14 at 3:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4802 of 77283/14/14 at 6:11am
I recently received a pair of 325i's. I've been really contemplating about whether or not I should get some wooden cups for them. Martins cups are just so beautiful. but at the same time, i feel as if the metal cups do a sufficient enough job. plus i already have my wooden magnums. any thoughts anyone?post #4803 of 77283/14/14 at 6:27am
...I have thought about the 325is a lot as well. They aren't first on my project list lately (looking at trying to do a Thunderpants style build, or something along the lines of the Darth Beyer), but you're right...woodying them seems a crime. How about wooden inner sleeves though?post #4804 of 77283/14/14 at 6:30am
hmm valid point. I couldnt do that myself though, I've never liberated a driver before and I would be worried I'd do irreparable damage. And nice! The thunderpants have always interested me. I'm sure they sound amazing. Consider me jealous.post #4805 of 77283/14/14 at 6:31ampost #4806 of 77283/14/14 at 6:33am
Personally, woodying 325is is blasphemy. The metal cups are what make them sound so awesome, otherwise I would've done it long ago (because let's face it, those golden cups are ugly and some of these wooden ones look absolutely stunning).post #4807 of 77283/14/14 at 6:48ampost #4808 of 77283/14/14 at 7:10ampost #4809 of 77283/14/14 at 7:38amQuote:
that's basically what I was thinking. what about inner wooden sleeves? has anyone tried them on a pair of 325is?post #4810 of 77283/14/14 at 8:10am
I did a pair of wooden inner sleeve with the Golden metal cups with magnum v4 drivers a little while back for another member here, and I must say the sound is fantastic. The sound is clear and crisp, and the timbre is just great.
It sounds noticeably better than my own fully woodied (mahogany) v3 magnums. So good in fact, I am now looking to build a set for myself.post #4811 of 77283/14/14 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by fleasbaby
...I have thought about the 325is a lot as well. They aren't first on my project list lately (looking at trying to do a Thunderpants style build, or something along the lines of the Darth Beyer), but you're right...woodying them seems a crime. How about wooden inner sleeves though?
i made one headphone (as usual with my foto filter and adaptor rings as aluminium housing) with wooden sleeves, sr325is drivers, all holes vented, the result is great sounding, much more similar to a PS500 i had the chance to listen to.post #4812 of 77283/14/14 at 5:31pm
I have a pair of magnums that I believe has plastic inner sleeves...but they're kind of settled inside my wooden cups. I'll provide pictures next week. I would be interested in seeing how those sound with wooden inner sleeves.post #4813 of 77283/15/14 at 7:30amMore fun and games from Jim! These walnut ones and a soon-to-done pair of Mahogany (he ran out and has to pick some up today) are spoken for:
These are from Lignum Vitae and are an experiment. They weigh twice what the Walnuts do:
I am finding I prefer the tight, controlled sound of the hardwoods, am dying to see how these perform.post #4814 of 77283/15/14 at 9:38amQuote:
You mean the super hard woods, I like them too.
That Lignum Vitae is actually very beautiful.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Black Schiit Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 5 minutes ago
- › MMCX to 4.4mm 5 pole iem cable ( Sony wm players ) wanted 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 7 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear