^ stunning! ^
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
post your grado mods.... - Page 321post #4801 of 75693/14/14 at 3:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4802 of 75693/14/14 at 6:11am
I recently received a pair of 325i's. I've been really contemplating about whether or not I should get some wooden cups for them. Martins cups are just so beautiful. but at the same time, i feel as if the metal cups do a sufficient enough job. plus i already have my wooden magnums. any thoughts anyone?post #4803 of 75693/14/14 at 6:27am
...I have thought about the 325is a lot as well. They aren't first on my project list lately (looking at trying to do a Thunderpants style build, or something along the lines of the Darth Beyer), but you're right...woodying them seems a crime. How about wooden inner sleeves though?post #4804 of 75693/14/14 at 6:30am
hmm valid point. I couldnt do that myself though, I've never liberated a driver before and I would be worried I'd do irreparable damage. And nice! The thunderpants have always interested me. I'm sure they sound amazing. Consider me jealous.post #4805 of 75693/14/14 at 6:31ampost #4806 of 75693/14/14 at 6:33am
Personally, woodying 325is is blasphemy. The metal cups are what make them sound so awesome, otherwise I would've done it long ago (because let's face it, those golden cups are ugly and some of these wooden ones look absolutely stunning).post #4807 of 75693/14/14 at 6:48ampost #4808 of 75693/14/14 at 7:10ampost #4809 of 75693/14/14 at 7:38amQuote:
that's basically what I was thinking. what about inner wooden sleeves? has anyone tried them on a pair of 325is?post #4810 of 75693/14/14 at 8:10am
I did a pair of wooden inner sleeve with the Golden metal cups with magnum v4 drivers a little while back for another member here, and I must say the sound is fantastic. The sound is clear and crisp, and the timbre is just great.
It sounds noticeably better than my own fully woodied (mahogany) v3 magnums. So good in fact, I am now looking to build a set for myself.post #4811 of 75693/14/14 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by fleasbaby
...I have thought about the 325is a lot as well. They aren't first on my project list lately (looking at trying to do a Thunderpants style build, or something along the lines of the Darth Beyer), but you're right...woodying them seems a crime. How about wooden inner sleeves though?
i made one headphone (as usual with my foto filter and adaptor rings as aluminium housing) with wooden sleeves, sr325is drivers, all holes vented, the result is great sounding, much more similar to a PS500 i had the chance to listen to.post #4812 of 75693/14/14 at 5:31pm
I have a pair of magnums that I believe has plastic inner sleeves...but they're kind of settled inside my wooden cups. I'll provide pictures next week. I would be interested in seeing how those sound with wooden inner sleeves.post #4813 of 75693/15/14 at 7:30amMore fun and games from Jim! These walnut ones and a soon-to-done pair of Mahogany (he ran out and has to pick some up today) are spoken for:
These are from Lignum Vitae and are an experiment. They weigh twice what the Walnuts do:
I am finding I prefer the tight, controlled sound of the hardwoods, am dying to see how these perform.post #4814 of 75693/15/14 at 9:38amQuote:
You mean the super hard woods, I like them too.
That Lignum Vitae is actually very beautiful.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › History of the AKG K1000? 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon (Final Run) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 5 minutes ago
- › Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mini Dac TDA1543 X 4 NOS 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear