- 1,394 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Southern California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
post your grado mods.... - Page 317post #4741 of 54312/23/14 at 7:35amCheck out the MS1000 thread. Your build matches it rather closely (recessed cups, etc). You might be missing some vent holes in the cups...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 54312/23/14 at 9:24ampost #4743 of 54312/23/14 at 9:41ampost #4744 of 54312/23/14 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Madskaman
I'm just about done with my sr80i project. I finished the cocobolo cups earlier this week, and I'm dialing in the sound now. I feel it's a little too bright still. Any suggestions on how to dampen this? I'm thinking of adding some felt to inside of the cups, behind the drivers, or possibly a light screen in front of the drivers (I removed the factory one). The drivers are liberated and recessed in the cups, with felt on the walls in front, leading to jumbo pads. Suggestions are much appreciated.
Maybe the use of a tube headphone amp?post #4745 of 54312/23/14 at 11:34ampost #4746 of 54312/23/14 at 9:15pmQuote:post #4747 of 54312/24/14 at 11:30am
i read over the ms1000 thread and decided to add another layer of felt to the inside of the recessed areas as well as a cloth in front of the drivers. really made the difference. i'm really happy with the results. i'm going to make another set of cups, without the recess, and see how that works out with another set of sr80i drivers. thank you for the advice.post #4748 of 54312/24/14 at 2:08pm
Is there any easy way to liberate the drivers in the Px100 ii's? All I've done so far is remove the headband. I'm not really sure how to remove the plastic housing that surrounds the drivers themselves
EDIT: Nevermind! A small amount of prying on the back and they came right off. Not even a need for heat!
Edited by nbriles2000 - 2/24/14 at 2:17pmpost #4749 of 54312/25/14 at 2:42pmSo I finished wiring the drivers and putting them in their cups this morning and they sound pretty fantastic for slower music or acoustic guitar and piano and more mellow stuff. When listening to metal they seem to be pretty slow and flabby sounding though. I'm hoping some burn in time will clear this up pretty quickly though! Also, using g cush pads so maybe l pads or something with a little less room would help. Anybody else experience similar results from the Px100-ii? I'm also going to go buy some dynamat for the magnets in hopes that that will helppost #4750 of 54312/26/14 at 6:37amHeadphones for Jim . He got himself a pair of SR80i and within a week he asked me to woody them for him with a pair of cups he had made:
You can't see it, but they have pretty awesome cable courtesy of fellow head-fier wje.
Edited by fleasbaby - 2/26/14 at 7:03ampost #4751 of 54312/27/14 at 4:29am
I cannibalized a cheap eBay headphone for the headband (frame and wire hanger), then glued up some fabric as a replacement for my Grado SR80
Also took the opportunity to mod the cables to single sided, as well as recolour the grilles.
Edited by teikjoon - 2/27/14 at 4:33ampost #4752 of 54312/27/14 at 5:26amQuote:
Ha, Tim Burton would be proud.post #4753 of 54312/27/14 at 5:29amQuote:
Wow, love that headband!post #4754 of 54312/27/14 at 8:36amQuote:
Those are awesome. I love the wood.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 9 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones up to £100 with DacMagic XS USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › pico slim + mini to mini cable 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Best pricing? 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)