- 1,854 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Southern California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
post your grado mods.... - Page 317post #4741 of 64332/23/14 at 7:35amCheck out the MS1000 thread. Your build matches it rather closely (recessed cups, etc). You might be missing some vent holes in the cups...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 64332/23/14 at 9:24ampost #4743 of 64332/23/14 at 9:41ampost #4744 of 64332/23/14 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Madskaman
I'm just about done with my sr80i project. I finished the cocobolo cups earlier this week, and I'm dialing in the sound now. I feel it's a little too bright still. Any suggestions on how to dampen this? I'm thinking of adding some felt to inside of the cups, behind the drivers, or possibly a light screen in front of the drivers (I removed the factory one). The drivers are liberated and recessed in the cups, with felt on the walls in front, leading to jumbo pads. Suggestions are much appreciated.
Maybe the use of a tube headphone amp?post #4745 of 64332/23/14 at 11:34ampost #4746 of 64332/23/14 at 9:15pmQuote:post #4747 of 64332/24/14 at 11:30am
i read over the ms1000 thread and decided to add another layer of felt to the inside of the recessed areas as well as a cloth in front of the drivers. really made the difference. i'm really happy with the results. i'm going to make another set of cups, without the recess, and see how that works out with another set of sr80i drivers. thank you for the advice.post #4748 of 64332/24/14 at 2:08pm
Is there any easy way to liberate the drivers in the Px100 ii's? All I've done so far is remove the headband. I'm not really sure how to remove the plastic housing that surrounds the drivers themselves
EDIT: Nevermind! A small amount of prying on the back and they came right off. Not even a need for heat!
Edited by nbriles2000 - 2/24/14 at 2:17pmpost #4749 of 64332/25/14 at 2:42pmSo I finished wiring the drivers and putting them in their cups this morning and they sound pretty fantastic for slower music or acoustic guitar and piano and more mellow stuff. When listening to metal they seem to be pretty slow and flabby sounding though. I'm hoping some burn in time will clear this up pretty quickly though! Also, using g cush pads so maybe l pads or something with a little less room would help. Anybody else experience similar results from the Px100-ii? I'm also going to go buy some dynamat for the magnets in hopes that that will helppost #4750 of 64332/26/14 at 6:37amHeadphones for Jim . He got himself a pair of SR80i and within a week he asked me to woody them for him with a pair of cups he had made:
You can't see it, but they have pretty awesome cable courtesy of fellow head-fier wje.
Edited by fleasbaby - 2/26/14 at 7:03ampost #4751 of 64332/27/14 at 4:29am
I cannibalized a cheap eBay headphone for the headband (frame and wire hanger), then glued up some fabric as a replacement for my Grado SR80
Also took the opportunity to mod the cables to single sided, as well as recolour the grilles.
Edited by teikjoon - 2/27/14 at 4:33ampost #4752 of 64332/27/14 at 5:26amQuote:
Ha, Tim Burton would be proud.post #4753 of 64332/27/14 at 5:29amQuote:
Wow, love that headband!post #4754 of 64332/27/14 at 8:36amQuote:
Those are awesome. I love the wood.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 1 minute ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › Bricasti M1 DAC impressions. 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Violectric V800 V1 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Kindly Request Your Expertise 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 5 minutes ago
- › Cable Burn In with regard to Audio Directionality. 8 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Which Headphones Should I Buy? 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)