- 1,461 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Southern California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
post your grado mods.... - Page 317post #4741 of 55122/23/14 at 7:35amCheck out the MS1000 thread. Your build matches it rather closely (recessed cups, etc). You might be missing some vent holes in the cups...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 55122/23/14 at 9:24ampost #4743 of 55122/23/14 at 9:41ampost #4744 of 55122/23/14 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Madskaman
I'm just about done with my sr80i project. I finished the cocobolo cups earlier this week, and I'm dialing in the sound now. I feel it's a little too bright still. Any suggestions on how to dampen this? I'm thinking of adding some felt to inside of the cups, behind the drivers, or possibly a light screen in front of the drivers (I removed the factory one). The drivers are liberated and recessed in the cups, with felt on the walls in front, leading to jumbo pads. Suggestions are much appreciated.
Maybe the use of a tube headphone amp?post #4745 of 55122/23/14 at 11:34ampost #4746 of 55122/23/14 at 9:15pmQuote:post #4747 of 55122/24/14 at 11:30am
i read over the ms1000 thread and decided to add another layer of felt to the inside of the recessed areas as well as a cloth in front of the drivers. really made the difference. i'm really happy with the results. i'm going to make another set of cups, without the recess, and see how that works out with another set of sr80i drivers. thank you for the advice.post #4748 of 55122/24/14 at 2:08pm
Is there any easy way to liberate the drivers in the Px100 ii's? All I've done so far is remove the headband. I'm not really sure how to remove the plastic housing that surrounds the drivers themselves
EDIT: Nevermind! A small amount of prying on the back and they came right off. Not even a need for heat!
Edited by nbriles2000 - 2/24/14 at 2:17pmpost #4749 of 55122/25/14 at 2:42pmSo I finished wiring the drivers and putting them in their cups this morning and they sound pretty fantastic for slower music or acoustic guitar and piano and more mellow stuff. When listening to metal they seem to be pretty slow and flabby sounding though. I'm hoping some burn in time will clear this up pretty quickly though! Also, using g cush pads so maybe l pads or something with a little less room would help. Anybody else experience similar results from the Px100-ii? I'm also going to go buy some dynamat for the magnets in hopes that that will helppost #4750 of 55122/26/14 at 6:37amHeadphones for Jim . He got himself a pair of SR80i and within a week he asked me to woody them for him with a pair of cups he had made:
You can't see it, but they have pretty awesome cable courtesy of fellow head-fier wje.
Edited by fleasbaby - 2/26/14 at 7:03ampost #4751 of 55122/27/14 at 4:29am
I cannibalized a cheap eBay headphone for the headband (frame and wire hanger), then glued up some fabric as a replacement for my Grado SR80
Also took the opportunity to mod the cables to single sided, as well as recolour the grilles.
Edited by teikjoon - 2/27/14 at 4:33ampost #4752 of 55122/27/14 at 5:26amQuote:
Ha, Tim Burton would be proud.post #4753 of 55122/27/14 at 5:29amQuote:
Wow, love that headband!post #4754 of 55122/27/14 at 8:36amQuote:
Those are awesome. I love the wood.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › High-res music - your listening experience 4 minutes ago
- › Help me choose a headphone for office use 5 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Console Headphones Help 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 7 minutes ago
- › swans m50w vs klipsch promedia 2.1 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)