or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

post your grado mods.... - Page 316

post #4726 of 7527
Double ouch....frown.gif
post #4727 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbriles2000 View Post
 

My PX100-ii's were supposed to come in the mail today so I could start extracting the drivers...

Instead, I got an empty package! >.<

Where did you order the Px100's from?

post #4728 of 7527

Just some random amazon seller. They were only 35 bucks so I jumped on it because I am going to pull them apart anyways. 

I'm going to see if I can find them for a decent price locally because I really dont want to wait another week! 

On a positive note, my Aune worked perfectly when I turned on my pc this morning. Electronics are weird...

post #4729 of 7527

Finally got all the supplies I needed to make a 1/4" stereo jack ---> double 1/8" mono jacks for my modded SR325i (mono jack inputs into the cups), I hadn't listened to them for a few months.

 

I am reminded yet again that there are no greater headphones for rock. Instant air guitar moment listening to Black Sabbath, I missed my Grados :)

 

edit: obligatory pics:

 

jack inputs into driver plastic cups

 

 

and the not quite yet finished product, waiting on braided sleeves for the cable, but couldn't wait to hear em again so built the cable anyway:

 


Edited by elmoe - 2/20/14 at 10:21am
post #4730 of 7527
Hey all, does anyone know how to identify the GRADO HA-1 ac amp as the high gain vs. The regular version?
post #4731 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

Finally got all the supplies I needed to make a 1/4" stereo jack ---> double 1/8" mono jacks for my modded SR325i (mono jack inputs into the cups), I hadn't listened to them for a few months.

 

I am reminded yet again that there are no greater headphones for rock. Instant air guitar moment listening to Black Sabbath, I missed my Grados :)

 

edit: obligatory pics:

 

jack inputs into driver plastic cups

 

 

and the not quite yet finished product, waiting on braided sleeves for the cable, but couldn't wait to hear em again so built the cable anyway:

 

 

Ahh love to hear it when people listen to awesome bands like that on their Grados. When I get the funds up I was really thinking of getting a pair of 325i's. I heard they're some of the best Grados when it comes to rock. I love my magnums but I really want to get something really in your face. Maybe I can find a modded pair here on the forums, cus I would love to get a pair of woodied 325is.

post #4732 of 7527

Not sure the woodied 325s would get you the same gnarl... I think what gives the 325i their crispy in-your-face sound is partly due to the metal cups. Try both if you can before you decide.

post #4733 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbriles2000 View Post
 

My PX100-ii's were supposed to come in the mail today so I could start extracting the drivers...

Instead, I got an empty package! >.<

 

I did get my Aune T1 today though. Now I just have to figure out why it doesn't work! 

In Soviet Russia, drivers extract self from package!

post #4734 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

Not sure the woodied 325s would get you the same gnarl... I think what gives the 325i their crispy in-your-face sound is partly due to the metal cups. Try both if you can before you decide.

that sounds right actually. I would love to try both but I have no way of comparing them.

 

 

 

to anyone who knows---what's the different between the gold 325i's and the normal silver's? can anyone who has tried magnums, any version with any cup, and the 325is give me a quick comparison? thanks!

post #4735 of 7527

no difference between gold/silver sr325i. just color.

post #4736 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

no difference between gold/silver sr325i. just color.

thanks. 

post #4737 of 7527

Got my beautiful walnut cups in the mail today! Special shoutout to fleasbay for helping a brotha' out!

Will post pics when the rest of the parts come

post #4738 of 7527
Glad you like them, was a pleasure setting them up for you! Can't wait to see pics...
post #4739 of 7527
I'm just about done with my sr80i project. I finished the cocobolo cups earlier this week, and I'm dialing in the sound now. I feel it's a little too bright still. Any suggestions on how to dampen this? I'm thinking of adding some felt to inside of the cups, behind the drivers, or possibly a light screen in front of the drivers (I removed the factory one). The drivers are liberated and recessed in the cups, with felt on the walls in front, leading to jumbo pads. Suggestions are much appreciated.




Edited by Madskaman - 2/23/14 at 12:16am
post #4740 of 7527

Looks great! Yeah I'd say removing the cloth in front of the driver is the reason. You could experiment with different types and see what you like best (and let us know cause I'm interested :D)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....