Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
post your grado mods.... - Page 314post #4696 of 75692/13/14 at 7:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4697 of 75692/13/14 at 8:04ampost #4698 of 75692/13/14 at 8:38ampost #4699 of 75692/13/14 at 11:13ampost #4700 of 75692/13/14 at 12:48pmpost #4701 of 75692/13/14 at 4:07pmpost #4702 of 75692/13/14 at 6:47pmpost #4703 of 75692/13/14 at 9:24pmpost #4704 of 75692/13/14 at 9:39pmQuote:
I found that a pea sized piece of dynamat on the center of the driver magnet made a huge positive difference.post #4705 of 75692/14/14 at 12:54ampost #4706 of 75692/14/14 at 5:50amAustralian Myrtle...anyone tried this? It's apparently a hardwood...I gave those cups I posted earlier a test run yesterday, and like what I hear. It's similar to the effect I got using African Blackwood before...post #4707 of 75692/14/14 at 7:11pmQuote:
Ok thats good to know! Now I just have to find a place to buy dynamat in pea sized increments xDpost #4708 of 75692/16/14 at 11:55amTest drove the Australian Myrtle...nice, typical results for a hardwood...a much more controlled sound, cleaner bass.
Now trying the Zebrawood...early days, but liking it. Less control than the Aussies, but rich...I plan on spending more time with them at the office this week...post #4709 of 75692/17/14 at 3:07ampost #4710 of 75692/17/14 at 3:25am
Brilliant, is the 225i the best starting Point to customize or can you have the same results from an sr80i, altrough maybe not sonicaly?
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 16 seconds ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amplifier 16 seconds ago
- › Asus xonar essence stx ii Users Help !!!-- Some Questions !!! 35 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 48 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 51 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › KGSShv Carbon - hows it sound with the 009s? 4 minutes ago
- › 4 Jensen 0.22µf / 630V Copper Foil Paper-In-Oil Silver Lead... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear