Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
post your grado mods.... - Page 310post #4636 of 75692/2/14 at 10:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4637 of 75692/2/14 at 10:36amThread Starter
Re-visiting an old thread...
I have an SR60 dismantled down to this point here (borrowing someones pic for a sec):
Is there an easy way to get the drivers out of the inner earcup piece?
thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a re-post I searched through this thread for 30 minutes and could not find this info.post #4638 of 75692/2/14 at 10:54ampost #4639 of 75692/2/14 at 11:14amThread Starter
Oops I wasn't clear... I am trying to get the drivers out and salvage the inner earcups. Of course I'd like to keep the drivers intact if at all possible, but I guess if I have to sacrifice those then so be it.
thanks!!post #4640 of 75692/2/14 at 11:15ampost #4641 of 75692/2/14 at 12:40pmThread Starterpost #4642 of 75692/2/14 at 1:29pmQuote:
My mistake, misunderstood you again. I don't think there's a way to separate he driver from the sleeve without damaging the sleeve.post #4643 of 75692/2/14 at 2:11pm
There was one method...wje uses it regularly. You use a clamp, a block of wood, and a scalpel...you put the ood over the mesh side, clamp the wood and the sleeve and then slowly work the clamp closed, pushing the driver out of the rear of the sleeve.
You need the scalpel to cut the little plastic stipples behind the driver in the sleeve prior to applying the clamp.post #4644 of 75692/3/14 at 12:31am
It's difficult to take someone seriously when there are K1000's currently on sale on ebay.de and a simple query on a search engine would more than suffice to bring up a history of ebay sales.post #4645 of 75692/4/14 at 6:09ampost #4646 of 75692/4/14 at 6:16ampost #4647 of 75692/4/14 at 6:33ampost #4648 of 75692/4/14 at 6:36ampost #4649 of 75692/4/14 at 6:55am
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 12 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 1 minute ago
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear