Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
post your grado mods.... - Page 310post #4636 of 75332/2/14 at 10:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4637 of 75332/2/14 at 10:36amThread Starter
Re-visiting an old thread...
I have an SR60 dismantled down to this point here (borrowing someones pic for a sec):
Is there an easy way to get the drivers out of the inner earcup piece?
thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a re-post I searched through this thread for 30 minutes and could not find this info.post #4638 of 75332/2/14 at 10:54ampost #4639 of 75332/2/14 at 11:14amThread Starter
Oops I wasn't clear... I am trying to get the drivers out and salvage the inner earcups. Of course I'd like to keep the drivers intact if at all possible, but I guess if I have to sacrifice those then so be it.
thanks!!post #4640 of 75332/2/14 at 11:15ampost #4641 of 75332/2/14 at 12:40pmThread Starterpost #4642 of 75332/2/14 at 1:29pmQuote:
My mistake, misunderstood you again. I don't think there's a way to separate he driver from the sleeve without damaging the sleeve.post #4643 of 75332/2/14 at 2:11pm
There was one method...wje uses it regularly. You use a clamp, a block of wood, and a scalpel...you put the ood over the mesh side, clamp the wood and the sleeve and then slowly work the clamp closed, pushing the driver out of the rear of the sleeve.
You need the scalpel to cut the little plastic stipples behind the driver in the sleeve prior to applying the clamp.post #4644 of 75332/3/14 at 12:31am
It's difficult to take someone seriously when there are K1000's currently on sale on ebay.de and a simple query on a search engine would more than suffice to bring up a history of ebay sales.post #4645 of 75332/4/14 at 6:09ampost #4646 of 75332/4/14 at 6:16ampost #4647 of 75332/4/14 at 6:33ampost #4648 of 75332/4/14 at 6:36ampost #4649 of 75332/4/14 at 6:55am
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 16 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality 33 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 47 seconds ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 1 minute ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear