Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
post your grado mods.... - Page 310post #4636 of 77282/2/14 at 10:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4637 of 77282/2/14 at 10:36amThread Starter
Re-visiting an old thread...
I have an SR60 dismantled down to this point here (borrowing someones pic for a sec):
Is there an easy way to get the drivers out of the inner earcup piece?
thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a re-post I searched through this thread for 30 minutes and could not find this info.post #4638 of 77282/2/14 at 10:54ampost #4639 of 77282/2/14 at 11:14amThread Starter
Oops I wasn't clear... I am trying to get the drivers out and salvage the inner earcups. Of course I'd like to keep the drivers intact if at all possible, but I guess if I have to sacrifice those then so be it.
thanks!!post #4640 of 77282/2/14 at 11:15ampost #4641 of 77282/2/14 at 12:40pmThread Starterpost #4642 of 77282/2/14 at 1:29pmQuote:
My mistake, misunderstood you again. I don't think there's a way to separate he driver from the sleeve without damaging the sleeve.post #4643 of 77282/2/14 at 2:11pm
There was one method...wje uses it regularly. You use a clamp, a block of wood, and a scalpel...you put the ood over the mesh side, clamp the wood and the sleeve and then slowly work the clamp closed, pushing the driver out of the rear of the sleeve.
You need the scalpel to cut the little plastic stipples behind the driver in the sleeve prior to applying the clamp.post #4644 of 77282/3/14 at 12:31am
It's difficult to take someone seriously when there are K1000's currently on sale on ebay.de and a simple query on a search engine would more than suffice to bring up a history of ebay sales.post #4645 of 77282/4/14 at 6:09ampost #4646 of 77282/4/14 at 6:16ampost #4647 of 77282/4/14 at 6:33ampost #4648 of 77282/4/14 at 6:36ampost #4649 of 77282/4/14 at 6:55am
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Minneapolis Meet? 5 seconds ago
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 1 minute ago
- › Next Astell&Kern: AK480 (and AK500n's successor) wish list & rumors... 2 minutes ago
- › Aëdle ODS-1 In-Ear 3 minutes ago
- › New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th,... 4 minutes ago
- › [EU] WTB Fostex TH-X00 Pads 4 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear