BTW does the RS1 and RS1i wood cups are the same? (leaving aside the button)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
post your grado mods.... - Page 302post #4516 of 754412/17/13 at 12:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4517 of 754412/17/13 at 12:59pmpost #4518 of 754412/18/13 at 7:01pm
Super-excited...meeting up with Jim tomorrow. He has three more pairs of Paduaks and the Walnut cups I showed before, as well as a prototype inner sleeve made from maple. If the measurements are right on the Maple sleeve he's going to try and make a pair of them in Mahogany.
Not sure why he's gotten so excited, but its fun to see him run with it...post #4519 of 754412/19/13 at 7:08ampost #4520 of 754412/19/13 at 7:28ampost #4521 of 754412/21/13 at 6:45amMore Paduak cups and a prototype for a sleeve made from Maple from the now rather prolific and increasingly adventurous Jim! He also put out some Walnut ones, but those had to be mailed off as soon as I got them, so no time for pictures...
His comments: the Maple sleeve was easier to turn than he thought it would be, but he doesn't want to get too cocky until he's done a pair in Mahogany, since Mahogany is apparently far less stable than Maple.
When he gets a minute he's still thinking of making those Paduaks, but with a closed end...
Edited by fleasbaby - 12/21/13 at 6:50ampost #4522 of 754412/21/13 at 6:40pm
Just finished the remaining padauk SR60s. Used mesh from a metal screen repair kit. Looks great although the mesh is very flexible so it seems to be more prone to denting. Time will tell!post #4523 of 754412/21/13 at 7:09pmWatcout, grados heavyweight champion arrive :v
I mean heavy is very HEAVY, lol
Full brass housing ala RS1i
Custom Lambskin Headband
MS1i Driver with silver dragon iem cable reterminate oyaide rhodium.post #4524 of 754412/21/13 at 8:59pm
All the pictures of cups here has been getting me a bit excited. A few weeks back, I thought I'd revamp a pair of African Padauk cups created by 7Keys. My goal here as to find a method to take the reddish Padauk and take it to a darker hue and tinted towards a darker brown. The stain I used was actually Polyshades by Minwax which combines the stain and a satin poly for applying in a single step. I actually applied about 5 coats and then sanding between each coat with 400 grit sandpaper and 000 steel wool.
Below are the fruits of my labor.post #4525 of 754412/21/13 at 9:38pmQuote:
1kg :vpost #4526 of 754412/24/13 at 12:43pmpost #4527 of 754412/26/13 at 12:29pmpost #4528 of 754412/26/13 at 4:10pmpost #4529 of 754412/26/13 at 4:46pmpost #4530 of 754412/27/13 at 2:27pmQuote:
Please share the model dl when this is all said and done. I would love to use something like shapeways to make a nice polished pair :D
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking K7XX / HD700 / Fidelio X2 / Elear / Ether Flow 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Auralic Vega 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear