BTW does the RS1 and RS1i wood cups are the same? (leaving aside the button)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
post your grado mods.... - Page 302post #4516 of 713312/17/13 at 12:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4517 of 713312/17/13 at 12:59pmpost #4518 of 713312/18/13 at 7:01pm
Super-excited...meeting up with Jim tomorrow. He has three more pairs of Paduaks and the Walnut cups I showed before, as well as a prototype inner sleeve made from maple. If the measurements are right on the Maple sleeve he's going to try and make a pair of them in Mahogany.
Not sure why he's gotten so excited, but its fun to see him run with it...post #4519 of 713312/19/13 at 7:08ampost #4520 of 713312/19/13 at 7:28ampost #4521 of 713312/21/13 at 6:45amMore Paduak cups and a prototype for a sleeve made from Maple from the now rather prolific and increasingly adventurous Jim! He also put out some Walnut ones, but those had to be mailed off as soon as I got them, so no time for pictures...
His comments: the Maple sleeve was easier to turn than he thought it would be, but he doesn't want to get too cocky until he's done a pair in Mahogany, since Mahogany is apparently far less stable than Maple.
When he gets a minute he's still thinking of making those Paduaks, but with a closed end...
Edited by fleasbaby - 12/21/13 at 6:50ampost #4522 of 713312/21/13 at 6:40pm
Just finished the remaining padauk SR60s. Used mesh from a metal screen repair kit. Looks great although the mesh is very flexible so it seems to be more prone to denting. Time will tell!post #4523 of 713312/21/13 at 7:09pmWatcout, grados heavyweight champion arrive :v
I mean heavy is very HEAVY, lol
Full brass housing ala RS1i
Custom Lambskin Headband
MS1i Driver with silver dragon iem cable reterminate oyaide rhodium.post #4524 of 713312/21/13 at 8:59pm
All the pictures of cups here has been getting me a bit excited. A few weeks back, I thought I'd revamp a pair of African Padauk cups created by 7Keys. My goal here as to find a method to take the reddish Padauk and take it to a darker hue and tinted towards a darker brown. The stain I used was actually Polyshades by Minwax which combines the stain and a satin poly for applying in a single step. I actually applied about 5 coats and then sanding between each coat with 400 grit sandpaper and 000 steel wool.
Below are the fruits of my labor.post #4525 of 713312/21/13 at 9:38pmQuote:
1kg :vpost #4526 of 713312/24/13 at 12:43pmpost #4527 of 713312/26/13 at 12:29pmpost #4528 of 713312/26/13 at 4:10pmpost #4529 of 713312/26/13 at 4:46pmpost #4530 of 713312/27/13 at 2:27pmQuote:
Please share the model dl when this is all said and done. I would love to use something like shapeways to make a nice polished pair :D
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 34 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › In the market for new gear 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...