BTW does the RS1 and RS1i wood cups are the same? (leaving aside the button)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
post your grado mods.... - Page 302
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4517 of 487512/17/13 at 12:59pmpost #4518 of 487512/18/13 at 7:01pm
Super-excited...meeting up with Jim tomorrow. He has three more pairs of Paduaks and the Walnut cups I showed before, as well as a prototype inner sleeve made from maple. If the measurements are right on the Maple sleeve he's going to try and make a pair of them in Mahogany.
Not sure why he's gotten so excited, but its fun to see him run with it...post #4519 of 487512/19/13 at 7:08ampost #4520 of 487512/19/13 at 7:28ampost #4521 of 487512/21/13 at 6:45amMore Paduak cups and a prototype for a sleeve made from Maple from the now rather prolific and increasingly adventurous Jim! He also put out some Walnut ones, but those had to be mailed off as soon as I got them, so no time for pictures...
His comments: the Maple sleeve was easier to turn than he thought it would be, but he doesn't want to get too cocky until he's done a pair in Mahogany, since Mahogany is apparently far less stable than Maple.
When he gets a minute he's still thinking of making those Paduaks, but with a closed end...
Edited by fleasbaby - 12/21/13 at 6:50ampost #4522 of 487512/21/13 at 6:40pm
Just finished the remaining padauk SR60s. Used mesh from a metal screen repair kit. Looks great although the mesh is very flexible so it seems to be more prone to denting. Time will tell!post #4523 of 487512/21/13 at 7:09pmWatcout, grados heavyweight champion arrive :v
I mean heavy is very HEAVY, lol
Full brass housing ala RS1i
Custom Lambskin Headband
MS1i Driver with silver dragon iem cable reterminate oyaide rhodium.post #4524 of 487512/21/13 at 8:59pm
All the pictures of cups here has been getting me a bit excited. A few weeks back, I thought I'd revamp a pair of African Padauk cups created by 7Keys. My goal here as to find a method to take the reddish Padauk and take it to a darker hue and tinted towards a darker brown. The stain I used was actually Polyshades by Minwax which combines the stain and a satin poly for applying in a single step. I actually applied about 5 coats and then sanding between each coat with 400 grit sandpaper and 000 steel wool.
Below are the fruits of my labor.post #4525 of 487512/21/13 at 9:38pmQuote:
1kg :vpost #4526 of 487512/24/13 at 12:43pmpost #4527 of 487512/26/13 at 12:29pmpost #4528 of 487512/26/13 at 4:10pmpost #4529 of 487512/26/13 at 4:46pmpost #4530 of 487512/27/13 at 2:27pmQuote:
Please share the model dl when this is all said and done. I would love to use something like shapeways to make a nice polished pair :D
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › NAD Viso HP20 In-Ear 3 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 24 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 39 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 42 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › . 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › ($40) TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob