BTW does the RS1 and RS1i wood cups are the same? (leaving aside the button)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 8/24/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
post your grado mods.... - Page 302post #4516 of 658112/17/13 at 12:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4517 of 658112/17/13 at 12:59pmpost #4518 of 658112/18/13 at 7:01pm
Super-excited...meeting up with Jim tomorrow. He has three more pairs of Paduaks and the Walnut cups I showed before, as well as a prototype inner sleeve made from maple. If the measurements are right on the Maple sleeve he's going to try and make a pair of them in Mahogany.
Not sure why he's gotten so excited, but its fun to see him run with it...post #4519 of 658112/19/13 at 7:08ampost #4520 of 658112/19/13 at 7:28ampost #4521 of 658112/21/13 at 6:45amMore Paduak cups and a prototype for a sleeve made from Maple from the now rather prolific and increasingly adventurous Jim! He also put out some Walnut ones, but those had to be mailed off as soon as I got them, so no time for pictures...
His comments: the Maple sleeve was easier to turn than he thought it would be, but he doesn't want to get too cocky until he's done a pair in Mahogany, since Mahogany is apparently far less stable than Maple.
When he gets a minute he's still thinking of making those Paduaks, but with a closed end...
Edited by fleasbaby - 12/21/13 at 6:50ampost #4522 of 658112/21/13 at 6:40pm
Just finished the remaining padauk SR60s. Used mesh from a metal screen repair kit. Looks great although the mesh is very flexible so it seems to be more prone to denting. Time will tell!post #4523 of 658112/21/13 at 7:09pmWatcout, grados heavyweight champion arrive :v
I mean heavy is very HEAVY, lol
Full brass housing ala RS1i
Custom Lambskin Headband
MS1i Driver with silver dragon iem cable reterminate oyaide rhodium.post #4524 of 658112/21/13 at 8:59pm
All the pictures of cups here has been getting me a bit excited. A few weeks back, I thought I'd revamp a pair of African Padauk cups created by 7Keys. My goal here as to find a method to take the reddish Padauk and take it to a darker hue and tinted towards a darker brown. The stain I used was actually Polyshades by Minwax which combines the stain and a satin poly for applying in a single step. I actually applied about 5 coats and then sanding between each coat with 400 grit sandpaper and 000 steel wool.
Below are the fruits of my labor.post #4525 of 658112/21/13 at 9:38pmQuote:
1kg :vpost #4526 of 658112/24/13 at 12:43pmpost #4527 of 658112/26/13 at 12:29pmpost #4528 of 658112/26/13 at 4:10pmpost #4529 of 658112/26/13 at 4:46pmpost #4530 of 658112/27/13 at 2:27pmQuote:
Please share the model dl when this is all said and done. I would love to use something like shapeways to make a nice polished pair :D
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA 600 Review 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2