They are both fantastic.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 3/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
post your grado mods.... - Page 296
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 708611/28/13 at 11:02pmI have 2 more headbands like the one I'm using now and am thinking of clearing them. Wud anyone b interested if I'm selling them at USD$42 shipped.
I paid about usd$33 for the custom work and $9 for international shipping.post #4428 of 708611/28/13 at 11:31pmQuote:Quote:
Thank you seniors :) actually I want to know your opinion about what to improve from my craftsmanship so I can make better cupspost #4429 of 708611/29/13 at 2:21amQuote:You have peaked my interest my friend... Looking forward to more of the beautiful wood.Originally Posted by 7keys
I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.
Here is what the Tonewood Data Source says about this Tone- wood.[URL=][/URL]
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!
is one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks). It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.
Janka hardness rating……
Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)post #4430 of 708611/29/13 at 5:35amQuote:
i was talking about yours..very nice looking cups! i like the color. drooling..
intermediet's stuff is nice too
..post #4431 of 708611/29/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Thank you :)
They are African Blackwood. I got a local woodturner to make them (we came up with the design together). He finished them with one coat of wax and buffed them. That was it...in person they show rather nice subtle brown highlights in the black. He's also made some in Paduak for for me. I definitely prefer the sound of the Blackwood.
I was inspired to keep the old SR80 grills after seeing the stuff over at Headphile.post #4432 of 708611/30/13 at 10:22ampost #4433 of 708611/30/13 at 11:16ampost #4434 of 708611/30/13 at 11:29ampost #4435 of 708611/30/13 at 4:53pmpost #4436 of 708612/1/13 at 10:55am
this is my friend headphone, Allesandro Ms1i mod
Wood Cup Borneo Rosewood Made By Me.
Lambskin Leather Headband Made By me.
Dynamat on back side magnet Drive.
Recabling 8 Strand Silver Coated don't know that cable brand just buy frome one of indonesian local store , Y splitter DIY from Nickel mmade by Him and jack Viablue of course
and this is the pict
Edited by kopral 21 - 12/1/13 at 10:58ampost #4437 of 708612/1/13 at 2:00pmpost #4438 of 708612/1/13 at 2:08pmpost #4439 of 708612/1/13 at 2:54pmpost #4440 of 708612/4/13 at 1:41pm
Leaving aside some of the most beautiful cups I ever seen, for those looking for a cheap/nice headband, I found the cheapest urbanears plattan look-a-like (knock-off) for 9$ shipped.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Audeze LCD-4 31 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX80 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 5 minutes ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 minutes ago
- › Obravo ERIB2a UK Tour 10 minutes ago
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse