They are both fantastic.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
post your grado mods.... - Page 296
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 543111/28/13 at 11:02pmI have 2 more headbands like the one I'm using now and am thinking of clearing them. Wud anyone b interested if I'm selling them at USD$42 shipped.
I paid about usd$33 for the custom work and $9 for international shipping.post #4428 of 543111/28/13 at 11:31pmQuote:Quote:
Thank you seniors :) actually I want to know your opinion about what to improve from my craftsmanship so I can make better cupspost #4429 of 543111/29/13 at 2:21amQuote:You have peaked my interest my friend... Looking forward to more of the beautiful wood.Originally Posted by 7keys
I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.
Here is what the Tonewood Data Source says about this Tone- wood.[URL=][/URL]
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!
is one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks). It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.
Janka hardness rating……
Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)post #4430 of 543111/29/13 at 5:35amQuote:
i was talking about yours..very nice looking cups! i like the color. drooling..
intermediet's stuff is nice too
..post #4431 of 543111/29/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Thank you :)
They are African Blackwood. I got a local woodturner to make them (we came up with the design together). He finished them with one coat of wax and buffed them. That was it...in person they show rather nice subtle brown highlights in the black. He's also made some in Paduak for for me. I definitely prefer the sound of the Blackwood.
I was inspired to keep the old SR80 grills after seeing the stuff over at Headphile.post #4432 of 543111/30/13 at 10:22ampost #4433 of 543111/30/13 at 11:16ampost #4434 of 543111/30/13 at 11:29ampost #4435 of 543111/30/13 at 4:53pmpost #4436 of 543112/1/13 at 10:55am
this is my friend headphone, Allesandro Ms1i mod
Wood Cup Borneo Rosewood Made By Me.
Lambskin Leather Headband Made By me.
Dynamat on back side magnet Drive.
Recabling 8 Strand Silver Coated don't know that cable brand just buy frome one of indonesian local store , Y splitter DIY from Nickel mmade by Him and jack Viablue of course
and this is the pict
Edited by kopral 21 - 12/1/13 at 10:58ampost #4437 of 543112/1/13 at 2:00pmpost #4438 of 543112/1/13 at 2:08pmpost #4439 of 543112/1/13 at 2:54pmpost #4440 of 543112/4/13 at 1:41pm
Leaving aside some of the most beautiful cups I ever seen, for those looking for a cheap/nice headband, I found the cheapest urbanears plattan look-a-like (knock-off) for 9$ shipped.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 second ago
- › [T-PEOS] Announce Closing Preorder of Altone200 and Start Official... 37 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Which AKG K700 series hp with a removable cord sounds closest to... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 6 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Help me choose budget friendly gaming headphones 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)