They are both fantastic.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
post your grado mods.... - Page 296
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 482011/28/13 at 11:02pmI have 2 more headbands like the one I'm using now and am thinking of clearing them. Wud anyone b interested if I'm selling them at USD$42 shipped.
I paid about usd$33 for the custom work and $9 for international shipping.post #4428 of 482011/28/13 at 11:31pmQuote:Quote:
Thank you seniors :) actually I want to know your opinion about what to improve from my craftsmanship so I can make better cupspost #4429 of 482011/29/13 at 2:21amQuote:You have peaked my interest my friend... Looking forward to more of the beautiful wood.Originally Posted by 7keys
I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.
Here is what the Tonewood Data Source says about this Tone- wood.[URL=][/URL]
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!
is one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks). It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.
Janka hardness rating……
Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)post #4430 of 482011/29/13 at 5:35amQuote:
i was talking about yours..very nice looking cups! i like the color. drooling..
intermediet's stuff is nice too
..post #4431 of 482011/29/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Thank you :)
They are African Blackwood. I got a local woodturner to make them (we came up with the design together). He finished them with one coat of wax and buffed them. That was it...in person they show rather nice subtle brown highlights in the black. He's also made some in Paduak for for me. I definitely prefer the sound of the Blackwood.
I was inspired to keep the old SR80 grills after seeing the stuff over at Headphile.post #4432 of 482011/30/13 at 10:22ampost #4433 of 482011/30/13 at 11:16ampost #4434 of 482011/30/13 at 11:29ampost #4435 of 482011/30/13 at 4:53pmpost #4436 of 482012/1/13 at 10:55am
this is my friend headphone, Allesandro Ms1i mod
Wood Cup Borneo Rosewood Made By Me.
Lambskin Leather Headband Made By me.
Dynamat on back side magnet Drive.
Recabling 8 Strand Silver Coated don't know that cable brand just buy frome one of indonesian local store , Y splitter DIY from Nickel mmade by Him and jack Viablue of course
and this is the pict
Edited by kopral 21 - 12/1/13 at 10:58ampost #4437 of 482012/1/13 at 2:00pmpost #4438 of 482012/1/13 at 2:08pmpost #4439 of 482012/1/13 at 2:54pmpost #4440 of 482012/4/13 at 1:41pm
Leaving aside some of the most beautiful cups I ever seen, for those looking for a cheap/nice headband, I found the cheapest urbanears plattan look-a-like (knock-off) for 9$ shipped.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 11 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from TDK BA200 29 seconds ago
- › Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Woo Audio WA6 + Sophia + Tubes 2 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude