They are both fantastic.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
post your grado mods.... - Page 296
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 713311/28/13 at 11:02pmI have 2 more headbands like the one I'm using now and am thinking of clearing them. Wud anyone b interested if I'm selling them at USD$42 shipped.
I paid about usd$33 for the custom work and $9 for international shipping.post #4428 of 713311/28/13 at 11:31pmQuote:Quote:
Thank you seniors :) actually I want to know your opinion about what to improve from my craftsmanship so I can make better cupspost #4429 of 713311/29/13 at 2:21amQuote:You have peaked my interest my friend... Looking forward to more of the beautiful wood.Originally Posted by 7keys
I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.
Here is what the Tonewood Data Source says about this Tone- wood.[URL=][/URL]
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!
is one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks). It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.
Janka hardness rating……
Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)post #4430 of 713311/29/13 at 5:35amQuote:
i was talking about yours..very nice looking cups! i like the color. drooling..
intermediet's stuff is nice too
..post #4431 of 713311/29/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Thank you :)
They are African Blackwood. I got a local woodturner to make them (we came up with the design together). He finished them with one coat of wax and buffed them. That was it...in person they show rather nice subtle brown highlights in the black. He's also made some in Paduak for for me. I definitely prefer the sound of the Blackwood.
I was inspired to keep the old SR80 grills after seeing the stuff over at Headphile.post #4432 of 713311/30/13 at 10:22ampost #4433 of 713311/30/13 at 11:16ampost #4434 of 713311/30/13 at 11:29ampost #4435 of 713311/30/13 at 4:53pmpost #4436 of 713312/1/13 at 10:55am
this is my friend headphone, Allesandro Ms1i mod
Wood Cup Borneo Rosewood Made By Me.
Lambskin Leather Headband Made By me.
Dynamat on back side magnet Drive.
Recabling 8 Strand Silver Coated don't know that cable brand just buy frome one of indonesian local store , Y splitter DIY from Nickel mmade by Him and jack Viablue of course
and this is the pict
Edited by kopral 21 - 12/1/13 at 10:58ampost #4437 of 713312/1/13 at 2:00pmpost #4438 of 713312/1/13 at 2:08pmpost #4439 of 713312/1/13 at 2:54pmpost #4440 of 713312/4/13 at 1:41pm
Leaving aside some of the most beautiful cups I ever seen, for those looking for a cheap/nice headband, I found the cheapest urbanears plattan look-a-like (knock-off) for 9$ shipped.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 41 seconds ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 46 seconds ago
- › Anybody out there with experience involving USPS shipping to Ireland? 1 minute ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...