Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Denon AH C250 - it's like a pretty gold ring that doesn't fit every finger. Yes, it's good. Quite good. Yet the likability is highly dependant on what it's best at and what it...
post your grado mods.... - Page 295
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4412 of 745811/28/13 at 6:46ampost #4413 of 745811/28/13 at 7:18ampost #4414 of 745811/28/13 at 7:26ampost #4415 of 745811/28/13 at 7:36ampost #4416 of 745811/28/13 at 7:45ampost #4417 of 745811/28/13 at 8:56am
I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!
Lapachois one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks). It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.
Janka hardness rating…… Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)post #4418 of 745811/28/13 at 8:57ampost #4419 of 745811/28/13 at 9:36amHad some time before the family woke up this morning, so I finally woodied my SR80 pinks with the Blackwoods I just got...
First impressions, far more controlled, more clarity, tamed highs. Prefer this to the results I got using my 225 pinks in Paduak and my 225i in Mahogany...that could be just the drivers or "new toy" syndrome though. Will give them more time over the weekend, holiday schedule permitting.post #4420 of 745811/28/13 at 9:39am
I have a modded SR-80i, and a magnum v3. Love the sound, and is looking to build a magnum v5. I have already sourced a set of brand new SR325i aluminum cups, a headband, and cables, the problem I have is that I am having trouble getting the inners that hold on to the drivers and inserted into the cups. I have a plastic set I bought months earlier, but I am looking to get an aluminum or wooden set without breaking the bank.
Does anybody know where I can get some / willing to make me a set?
Thanks.post #4421 of 745811/28/13 at 10:08ampost #4422 of 745811/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #4423 of 745811/28/13 at 6:52pmpost #4424 of 745811/28/13 at 7:08pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Wait, are you guys talking about mine or intermediete's stuff? His is pretty damn awesome...I have yet to find a decent source for aluminum cups...I really want a pair of PS1000 ones.
Edited by fleasbaby - 11/28/13 at 7:21pmpost #4425 of 745811/28/13 at 9:27pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › IBasso Audio IT03 20 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or Audio-Technica MSR7 for mainly epic music? 57 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Ocharaku Donguri 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...