Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
post your grado mods.... - Page 295
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4412 of 735411/28/13 at 6:46ampost #4413 of 735411/28/13 at 7:18ampost #4414 of 735411/28/13 at 7:26ampost #4415 of 735411/28/13 at 7:36ampost #4416 of 735411/28/13 at 7:45ampost #4417 of 735411/28/13 at 8:56am
I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!
Lapachois one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks). It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.
Janka hardness rating…… Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)post #4418 of 735411/28/13 at 8:57ampost #4419 of 735411/28/13 at 9:36amHad some time before the family woke up this morning, so I finally woodied my SR80 pinks with the Blackwoods I just got...
First impressions, far more controlled, more clarity, tamed highs. Prefer this to the results I got using my 225 pinks in Paduak and my 225i in Mahogany...that could be just the drivers or "new toy" syndrome though. Will give them more time over the weekend, holiday schedule permitting.post #4420 of 735411/28/13 at 9:39am
I have a modded SR-80i, and a magnum v3. Love the sound, and is looking to build a magnum v5. I have already sourced a set of brand new SR325i aluminum cups, a headband, and cables, the problem I have is that I am having trouble getting the inners that hold on to the drivers and inserted into the cups. I have a plastic set I bought months earlier, but I am looking to get an aluminum or wooden set without breaking the bank.
Does anybody know where I can get some / willing to make me a set?
Thanks.post #4421 of 735411/28/13 at 10:08ampost #4422 of 735411/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #4423 of 735411/28/13 at 6:52pmpost #4424 of 735411/28/13 at 7:08pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Wait, are you guys talking about mine or intermediete's stuff? His is pretty damn awesome...I have yet to find a decent source for aluminum cups...I really want a pair of PS1000 ones.
Edited by fleasbaby - 11/28/13 at 7:21pmpost #4425 of 735411/28/13 at 9:27pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 27 seconds ago
- › CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › LG G5 b&o module 1 minute ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Fostex TR-70, TR-80 & TR-90 6 minutes ago
- › Continental Dual Mono Tube Rolling Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 8 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...