Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
post your grado mods.... - Page 295
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4412 of 487611/28/13 at 6:46ampost #4413 of 487611/28/13 at 7:18ampost #4414 of 487611/28/13 at 7:26amQuote:
Wonderful craftsmanship. Well done.post #4415 of 487611/28/13 at 7:36ampost #4416 of 487611/28/13 at 7:45ampost #4417 of 487611/28/13 at 8:56am
I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!
Lapachois one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks). It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.
Janka hardness rating…… Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)post #4418 of 487611/28/13 at 8:57ampost #4419 of 487611/28/13 at 9:36amHad some time before the family woke up this morning, so I finally woodied my SR80 pinks with the Blackwoods I just got...
First impressions, far more controlled, more clarity, tamed highs. Prefer this to the results I got using my 225 pinks in Paduak and my 225i in Mahogany...that could be just the drivers or "new toy" syndrome though. Will give them more time over the weekend, holiday schedule permitting.post #4420 of 487611/28/13 at 9:39am
I have a modded SR-80i, and a magnum v3. Love the sound, and is looking to build a magnum v5. I have already sourced a set of brand new SR325i aluminum cups, a headband, and cables, the problem I have is that I am having trouble getting the inners that hold on to the drivers and inserted into the cups. I have a plastic set I bought months earlier, but I am looking to get an aluminum or wooden set without breaking the bank.
Does anybody know where I can get some / willing to make me a set?
Thanks.post #4421 of 487611/28/13 at 10:08ampost #4422 of 487611/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #4423 of 487611/28/13 at 6:52pmpost #4424 of 487611/28/13 at 7:08pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Wait, are you guys talking about mine or intermediete's stuff? His is pretty damn awesome...I have yet to find a decent source for aluminum cups...I really want a pair of PS1000 ones.
Edited by fleasbaby - 11/28/13 at 7:21pmpost #4425 of 487611/28/13 at 9:27pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 5 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 51 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 56 seconds ago
- › [DIY] Takstar Pro 80 - Removable cable mod. 1 minute ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Driver cups (resonance) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Getting Bass Distortion with My Objective O2 Amp ... Any Help? 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 9 minutes ago
- › Help: Mobile office setup? 12 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob