Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
post your grado mods.... - Page 295
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4412 of 649511/28/13 at 6:46ampost #4413 of 649511/28/13 at 7:18ampost #4414 of 649511/28/13 at 7:26amQuote:
Wonderful craftsmanship. Well done.post #4415 of 649511/28/13 at 7:36ampost #4416 of 649511/28/13 at 7:45ampost #4417 of 649511/28/13 at 8:56am
I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!
Lapachois one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks). It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.
Janka hardness rating…… Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)post #4418 of 649511/28/13 at 8:57ampost #4419 of 649511/28/13 at 9:36amHad some time before the family woke up this morning, so I finally woodied my SR80 pinks with the Blackwoods I just got...
First impressions, far more controlled, more clarity, tamed highs. Prefer this to the results I got using my 225 pinks in Paduak and my 225i in Mahogany...that could be just the drivers or "new toy" syndrome though. Will give them more time over the weekend, holiday schedule permitting.post #4420 of 649511/28/13 at 9:39am
I have a modded SR-80i, and a magnum v3. Love the sound, and is looking to build a magnum v5. I have already sourced a set of brand new SR325i aluminum cups, a headband, and cables, the problem I have is that I am having trouble getting the inners that hold on to the drivers and inserted into the cups. I have a plastic set I bought months earlier, but I am looking to get an aluminum or wooden set without breaking the bank.
Does anybody know where I can get some / willing to make me a set?
Thanks.post #4421 of 649511/28/13 at 10:08ampost #4422 of 649511/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #4423 of 649511/28/13 at 6:52pmpost #4424 of 649511/28/13 at 7:08pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Wait, are you guys talking about mine or intermediete's stuff? His is pretty damn awesome...I have yet to find a decent source for aluminum cups...I really want a pair of PS1000 ones.
Edited by fleasbaby - 11/28/13 at 7:21pmpost #4425 of 649511/28/13 at 9:27pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 37 seconds ago
- › Help with turtlebeach. 38 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Show me your headphone stands/displays! 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3