Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

post your grado mods.... - Page 282

post #4216 of 5559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedeviling View Post

 

 

Those look fabulous!  The cups have a neat shape and a nice, glossy shine!  Also, the leather headband is nice too - I see how the leather was wrapped around the headband and then rivets were installed at the bottom of each side to hold the leather in place and on the headphone itself.  Very creative!

 

Which drivers are you using in your build?

post #4217 of 5559

I like the rivet too. You might have started a new trend on your first post!

post #4218 of 5559
Thanks for the encouraging compliments.
Just to clarify , i Bought the wood cups online but after which I did multiple coats of clear lacquer myself to get the gloss (about 5 more coats). So I'm no wood crafter smily_headphones1.gif would love to DIY but no lathe at home.
As for the headband I got it customed at a local leather shop. But of course the rivets design was my idea. 😜 So it's really nice to know that you guys appreciate the look.
post #4219 of 5559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedeviling View Post

Thanks for the encouraging compliments.
Just to clarify , i Bought the wood cups online but after which I did multiple coats of clear lacquer myself to get the gloss (about 5 more coats). So I'm no wood crafter smily_headphones1.gif would love to DIY but no lathe at home.
As for the headband I got it customed at a local leather shop. But of course the rivets design was my idea. 😜 So it's really nice to know that you guys appreciate the look.

Noo! Haha. PMed you earlier about obtaining a set. Thanks anyways!

post #4220 of 5559
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

Which drivers are you using in your build?

These are 80i drivers. Am currently looking for some used drivers perhaps magnums , so I could do up another nice build. It's fun n rewarding!
post #4221 of 5559

Yeah, building an SR60i a few months ago was an absolute blast!

post #4222 of 5559

I think I remember seeing similar cups to yours, with the wooden tips for the rods.  It looks really nice with the lacquer, and that's what makes it unique.  Taking a few extra steps to make yours unique is a good thing as there are no two alike in the world.

post #4223 of 5559

is mini meet time.. Grado "Lovers" Surabaya , Indonesia
 

*

 

*

post #4224 of 5559

Nice :D

 

I have only ever seen one other pair of Grados "in the wild"...was at our developer's conference (most impractical place in the world to sit and try to listen to a pair of Grados :)).

post #4225 of 5559
Holy goodness!! Thats a ton of Grados!! Absolutely bonkers how many you've got there.
post #4226 of 5559
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Holy goodness!! Thats a ton of Grados!! Absolutely bonkers how many you've got there.

 it's not mine, it's my friend grado's, there are 10 pieces of grado headphones , sr60i , SR80i, Sr225i sr325i old batch , Ms2i magnum v5  and other type. and some grado's not shown on that pict ;)
 


Edited by kopral 21 - 11/5/13 at 7:31am
post #4227 of 5559
Quote:

 

My thought.  A pair of MX100 II drivers, a pair of wooden cups, a headband, a cable and some good ear pads.  Then?  A road trip to send the headphones from member-to-member so they could listen and compare it to their current collection of Grados or Magnums.  I don't know how else to explain this. I could get all of the pieces assembled for the RS1i competitor.  But, setting up $230 or so for the build isn't in the cards right now.  

 

 

Wayne

 I'd throw in a pair of walnut cups if you want to go ahead with this, they aren't perfect but function .

post #4228 of 5559
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopral 21 View Post
 

is mini meet time.. Grado "Lovers" Surabaya , Indonesia
 

*

 

*

 

Great Stuff!

post #4229 of 5559

I find the "swivel" on my Grado cups to be far too loose. When I pick the headphones up, they just spin like crazy. Is there any kind of "mod" to fix this? Does anyone else have this issue?

post #4230 of 5559
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

I find the "swivel" on my Grado cups to be far too loose. When I pick the headphones up, they just spin like crazy. Is there any kind of "mod" to fix this? Does anyone else have this issue?
http://www.head-fi.org/a/adding-rod-locks-to-grado-headphones
Er you go m8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....