Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
post your grado mods.... - Page 271post #4051 of 626110/11/13 at 10:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4052 of 626110/11/13 at 10:16am
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...post #4053 of 626110/11/13 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...
Did you read that thread Wayne? It seems like the leather has to cover the whole ear pad. It's not just on the outside.
He shows you how to do it somewhere, I'll take a look.post #4054 of 626110/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #4055 of 626110/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #4056 of 626110/11/13 at 4:49pmpost #4057 of 626110/11/13 at 5:33pm
Ear Zonk - G-Cush vs. Grado G-Cush
Ear Zonk (Left), Grado G-Cush (Right):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right
Ear Zonk: Foam Closeup.
Grado - Foam Closeup.post #4058 of 626110/11/13 at 5:40pm
Ear Zonk L-Cush vs. Grado L-Cush:
Ear Zonk. Bottom View.
Ear Zonk: Top view.
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right. (Sorry, bad picture quality):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado L-Cush, Right:
Ear Zonk L-Cush, TTVJ Flat, Sennheiser 414 w/Quarter Mod, Grado L-Cush:post #4059 of 626110/11/13 at 11:56pmpost #4060 of 626110/12/13 at 5:00amQuote:
I just posted a similar post in the Grado Fan Club thread
The price seems right on those Zonk G cushions!Quote:
beautiful...look forward to seeing what you do with it all.post #4061 of 626110/12/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Yes. The price is right and the comfort is good. However ... I'm currently trying to get a response from Ear Zonk on the issue with the cut-out sizes on the G-Cush pads. The openings that fit over the Grado cups are of two different sizes. One fits perfectly, and the other is oversized and the pad does not stay on the cup when you are not wearing the headphones. As opposed to going back though Amazon to swap the pads out (and potentially get another pair with the same issue), I thought I'd see if Ear Zonk could give me some insight. I'm not frustrated with the issue, but would love to see this work out so we could have even more options for Grado pads. The price / comfort of the G-cush offering certainly is attractive, but I'd hate to recommend an item if the fit / size is an issue due to manufacturing issues.post #4062 of 626110/12/13 at 9:37amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Very good! When they reach me, I'll do some detailed analysis and put it into a grid-style format with a grading system. I did this a few nights ago with the Aune 1 in various configurations. It kind of removed the guesswork out of trying to read into someone's description of the comparison when you can see the grading system and the criteria used for each cup.
That's a good idea, do you have a grading system ready to go?
Maybe we could use it for the tone-wood review.
How about posting it up so we can have a look at it, or send it to a horse named jeff so he can take a look at it.post #4063 of 626110/12/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Great! Let's get the review started.post #4064 of 626110/12/13 at 11:40amQuote:
Yes. I have the concept in mind and will draw it up in a grid format and make the spreadsheet format available. I'm sure this will be interesting as if we all are using the same criteria and grading scale, it will be less "apples vs. oranges" when it comes to viewers reading through the test results. However, this will be later -- very late tonight, or early in the morning. I have something I need to tend to given that it's fall and time for a little fun -- a great, festive event.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2