Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
post your grado mods.... - Page 271post #4051 of 726610/11/13 at 10:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4052 of 726610/11/13 at 10:16am
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...post #4053 of 726610/11/13 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...
Did you read that thread Wayne? It seems like the leather has to cover the whole ear pad. It's not just on the outside.
He shows you how to do it somewhere, I'll take a look.post #4054 of 726610/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #4055 of 726610/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #4056 of 726610/11/13 at 4:49pmpost #4057 of 726610/11/13 at 5:33pm
Ear Zonk - G-Cush vs. Grado G-Cush
Ear Zonk (Left), Grado G-Cush (Right):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right
Ear Zonk: Foam Closeup.
Grado - Foam Closeup.post #4058 of 726610/11/13 at 5:40pm
Ear Zonk L-Cush vs. Grado L-Cush:
Ear Zonk. Bottom View.
Ear Zonk: Top view.
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right. (Sorry, bad picture quality):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado L-Cush, Right:
Ear Zonk L-Cush, TTVJ Flat, Sennheiser 414 w/Quarter Mod, Grado L-Cush:post #4059 of 726610/11/13 at 11:56pmpost #4060 of 726610/12/13 at 5:00amQuote:
I just posted a similar post in the Grado Fan Club thread
The price seems right on those Zonk G cushions!Quote:
beautiful...look forward to seeing what you do with it all.post #4061 of 726610/12/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Yes. The price is right and the comfort is good. However ... I'm currently trying to get a response from Ear Zonk on the issue with the cut-out sizes on the G-Cush pads. The openings that fit over the Grado cups are of two different sizes. One fits perfectly, and the other is oversized and the pad does not stay on the cup when you are not wearing the headphones. As opposed to going back though Amazon to swap the pads out (and potentially get another pair with the same issue), I thought I'd see if Ear Zonk could give me some insight. I'm not frustrated with the issue, but would love to see this work out so we could have even more options for Grado pads. The price / comfort of the G-cush offering certainly is attractive, but I'd hate to recommend an item if the fit / size is an issue due to manufacturing issues.post #4062 of 726610/12/13 at 9:37amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Very good! When they reach me, I'll do some detailed analysis and put it into a grid-style format with a grading system. I did this a few nights ago with the Aune 1 in various configurations. It kind of removed the guesswork out of trying to read into someone's description of the comparison when you can see the grading system and the criteria used for each cup.
That's a good idea, do you have a grading system ready to go?
Maybe we could use it for the tone-wood review.
How about posting it up so we can have a look at it, or send it to a horse named jeff so he can take a look at it.post #4063 of 726610/12/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Great! Let's get the review started.post #4064 of 726610/12/13 at 11:40amQuote:
Yes. I have the concept in mind and will draw it up in a grid format and make the spreadsheet format available. I'm sure this will be interesting as if we all are using the same criteria and grading scale, it will be less "apples vs. oranges" when it comes to viewers reading through the test results. However, this will be later -- very late tonight, or early in the morning. I have something I need to tend to given that it's fall and time for a little fun -- a great, festive event.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 46 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 52 seconds ago
- › SENNHEISER HD800S "Less than a Month old" 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p vs. Fostex TH-900? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...