Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
post your grado mods.... - Page 271post #4051 of 713310/11/13 at 10:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4052 of 713310/11/13 at 10:16am
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...post #4053 of 713310/11/13 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...
Did you read that thread Wayne? It seems like the leather has to cover the whole ear pad. It's not just on the outside.
He shows you how to do it somewhere, I'll take a look.post #4054 of 713310/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #4055 of 713310/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #4056 of 713310/11/13 at 4:49pmpost #4057 of 713310/11/13 at 5:33pm
Ear Zonk - G-Cush vs. Grado G-Cush
Ear Zonk (Left), Grado G-Cush (Right):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right
Ear Zonk: Foam Closeup.
Grado - Foam Closeup.post #4058 of 713310/11/13 at 5:40pm
Ear Zonk L-Cush vs. Grado L-Cush:
Ear Zonk. Bottom View.
Ear Zonk: Top view.
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right. (Sorry, bad picture quality):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado L-Cush, Right:
Ear Zonk L-Cush, TTVJ Flat, Sennheiser 414 w/Quarter Mod, Grado L-Cush:post #4059 of 713310/11/13 at 11:56pmpost #4060 of 713310/12/13 at 5:00amQuote:
I just posted a similar post in the Grado Fan Club thread
The price seems right on those Zonk G cushions!Quote:
beautiful...look forward to seeing what you do with it all.post #4061 of 713310/12/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Yes. The price is right and the comfort is good. However ... I'm currently trying to get a response from Ear Zonk on the issue with the cut-out sizes on the G-Cush pads. The openings that fit over the Grado cups are of two different sizes. One fits perfectly, and the other is oversized and the pad does not stay on the cup when you are not wearing the headphones. As opposed to going back though Amazon to swap the pads out (and potentially get another pair with the same issue), I thought I'd see if Ear Zonk could give me some insight. I'm not frustrated with the issue, but would love to see this work out so we could have even more options for Grado pads. The price / comfort of the G-cush offering certainly is attractive, but I'd hate to recommend an item if the fit / size is an issue due to manufacturing issues.post #4062 of 713310/12/13 at 9:37amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Very good! When they reach me, I'll do some detailed analysis and put it into a grid-style format with a grading system. I did this a few nights ago with the Aune 1 in various configurations. It kind of removed the guesswork out of trying to read into someone's description of the comparison when you can see the grading system and the criteria used for each cup.
That's a good idea, do you have a grading system ready to go?
Maybe we could use it for the tone-wood review.
How about posting it up so we can have a look at it, or send it to a horse named jeff so he can take a look at it.post #4063 of 713310/12/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Great! Let's get the review started.post #4064 of 713310/12/13 at 11:40amQuote:
Yes. I have the concept in mind and will draw it up in a grid format and make the spreadsheet format available. I'm sure this will be interesting as if we all are using the same criteria and grading scale, it will be less "apples vs. oranges" when it comes to viewers reading through the test results. However, this will be later -- very late tonight, or early in the morning. I have something I need to tend to given that it's fall and time for a little fun -- a great, festive event.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 26 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 45 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › are these super easy to drive? 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 8 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...