Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
post your grado mods.... - Page 271post #4051 of 754910/11/13 at 10:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4052 of 754910/11/13 at 10:16am
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...post #4053 of 754910/11/13 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...
Did you read that thread Wayne? It seems like the leather has to cover the whole ear pad. It's not just on the outside.
He shows you how to do it somewhere, I'll take a look.post #4054 of 754910/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #4055 of 754910/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #4056 of 754910/11/13 at 4:49pmpost #4057 of 754910/11/13 at 5:33pm
Ear Zonk - G-Cush vs. Grado G-Cush
Ear Zonk (Left), Grado G-Cush (Right):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right
Ear Zonk: Foam Closeup.
Grado - Foam Closeup.post #4058 of 754910/11/13 at 5:40pm
Ear Zonk L-Cush vs. Grado L-Cush:
Ear Zonk. Bottom View.
Ear Zonk: Top view.
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right. (Sorry, bad picture quality):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado L-Cush, Right:
Ear Zonk L-Cush, TTVJ Flat, Sennheiser 414 w/Quarter Mod, Grado L-Cush:post #4059 of 754910/11/13 at 11:56pmpost #4060 of 754910/12/13 at 5:00amQuote:
I just posted a similar post in the Grado Fan Club thread
The price seems right on those Zonk G cushions!Quote:
beautiful...look forward to seeing what you do with it all.post #4061 of 754910/12/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Yes. The price is right and the comfort is good. However ... I'm currently trying to get a response from Ear Zonk on the issue with the cut-out sizes on the G-Cush pads. The openings that fit over the Grado cups are of two different sizes. One fits perfectly, and the other is oversized and the pad does not stay on the cup when you are not wearing the headphones. As opposed to going back though Amazon to swap the pads out (and potentially get another pair with the same issue), I thought I'd see if Ear Zonk could give me some insight. I'm not frustrated with the issue, but would love to see this work out so we could have even more options for Grado pads. The price / comfort of the G-cush offering certainly is attractive, but I'd hate to recommend an item if the fit / size is an issue due to manufacturing issues.post #4062 of 754910/12/13 at 9:37amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Very good! When they reach me, I'll do some detailed analysis and put it into a grid-style format with a grading system. I did this a few nights ago with the Aune 1 in various configurations. It kind of removed the guesswork out of trying to read into someone's description of the comparison when you can see the grading system and the criteria used for each cup.
That's a good idea, do you have a grading system ready to go?
Maybe we could use it for the tone-wood review.
How about posting it up so we can have a look at it, or send it to a horse named jeff so he can take a look at it.post #4063 of 754910/12/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Great! Let's get the review started.post #4064 of 754910/12/13 at 11:40amQuote:
Yes. I have the concept in mind and will draw it up in a grid format and make the spreadsheet format available. I'm sure this will be interesting as if we all are using the same criteria and grading scale, it will be less "apples vs. oranges" when it comes to viewers reading through the test results. However, this will be later -- very late tonight, or early in the morning. I have something I need to tend to given that it's fall and time for a little fun -- a great, festive event.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › New BA IEMs from Brainwavz? 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear