Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
post your grado mods.... - Page 271post #4051 of 648410/11/13 at 10:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4052 of 648410/11/13 at 10:16am
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...post #4053 of 648410/11/13 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings. I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though. It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery. The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try. Soon ...
Did you read that thread Wayne? It seems like the leather has to cover the whole ear pad. It's not just on the outside.
He shows you how to do it somewhere, I'll take a look.post #4054 of 648410/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #4055 of 648410/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #4056 of 648410/11/13 at 4:49pmpost #4057 of 648410/11/13 at 5:33pm
Ear Zonk - G-Cush vs. Grado G-Cush
Ear Zonk (Left), Grado G-Cush (Right):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right
Ear Zonk: Foam Closeup.
Grado - Foam Closeup.post #4058 of 648410/11/13 at 5:40pm
Ear Zonk L-Cush vs. Grado L-Cush:
Ear Zonk. Bottom View.
Ear Zonk: Top view.
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado, Right. (Sorry, bad picture quality):
Ear Zonk, Left. Grado L-Cush, Right:
Ear Zonk L-Cush, TTVJ Flat, Sennheiser 414 w/Quarter Mod, Grado L-Cush:post #4059 of 648410/11/13 at 11:56pmpost #4060 of 648410/12/13 at 5:00amQuote:
I just posted a similar post in the Grado Fan Club thread
The price seems right on those Zonk G cushions!Quote:
beautiful...look forward to seeing what you do with it all.post #4061 of 648410/12/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Yes. The price is right and the comfort is good. However ... I'm currently trying to get a response from Ear Zonk on the issue with the cut-out sizes on the G-Cush pads. The openings that fit over the Grado cups are of two different sizes. One fits perfectly, and the other is oversized and the pad does not stay on the cup when you are not wearing the headphones. As opposed to going back though Amazon to swap the pads out (and potentially get another pair with the same issue), I thought I'd see if Ear Zonk could give me some insight. I'm not frustrated with the issue, but would love to see this work out so we could have even more options for Grado pads. The price / comfort of the G-cush offering certainly is attractive, but I'd hate to recommend an item if the fit / size is an issue due to manufacturing issues.post #4062 of 648410/12/13 at 9:37amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Very good! When they reach me, I'll do some detailed analysis and put it into a grid-style format with a grading system. I did this a few nights ago with the Aune 1 in various configurations. It kind of removed the guesswork out of trying to read into someone's description of the comparison when you can see the grading system and the criteria used for each cup.
That's a good idea, do you have a grading system ready to go?
Maybe we could use it for the tone-wood review.
How about posting it up so we can have a look at it, or send it to a horse named jeff so he can take a look at it.post #4063 of 648410/12/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Great! Let's get the review started.post #4064 of 648410/12/13 at 11:40amQuote:
Yes. I have the concept in mind and will draw it up in a grid format and make the spreadsheet format available. I'm sure this will be interesting as if we all are using the same criteria and grading scale, it will be less "apples vs. oranges" when it comes to viewers reading through the test results. However, this will be later -- very late tonight, or early in the morning. I have something I need to tend to given that it's fall and time for a little fun -- a great, festive event.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 seconds ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release 1 minute ago
- › Custom IEM choice: AS (g) 2.5, mg6pro, something else? Need bass 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › How long do you think a headphone would last? 3 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3