So far only mod I've done on my SR225 is adding the headband padding from a jvc XX headphone and lot more confortable and remove the cloth thing on the front of the driver. looking foward to punch 4 holes and install the blue tack on the magnet
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
post your grado mods.... - Page 243post #3631 of 72208/9/13 at 10:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 72208/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #3633 of 72208/9/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
I thought the stock grills looked great as they are.
But if you've got the itch to mod it I would try to find a thinner mesh to allow more air-flow and less sound reflections.... not that you're really getting any right now... because you're probably not.post #3634 of 72208/9/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
I was going to say, I actually take the 225/225i grills out of the plastic when I mod and use them on my woody cups if I have them...post #3635 of 72208/10/13 at 8:43ampost #3636 of 72208/11/13 at 6:34am
I need to recable my grados... did a really dirty detachable cable mod ages ago using the wire I had at hand in the stock headphone lead and its all worn out now. Plus my detachable is broken. Really wanna have a go at making carbon fibre cups at some point also.post #3637 of 72208/11/13 at 6:41ampost #3638 of 72208/11/13 at 6:55ampost #3639 of 72208/11/13 at 12:18pmpost #3640 of 72208/12/13 at 4:10pm
Hey 7keys, I worked on my Magnum build and figured you'd appreciate at sneak peek!
That's all you get for at least a day or two while I tune the sound and wait on some paint to dry...post #3641 of 72208/12/13 at 5:03pmpost #3642 of 72208/12/13 at 5:22pmpost #3643 of 72208/12/13 at 5:47pmpost #3644 of 72208/12/13 at 6:09pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Neutron vs Poweramp 9 minutes ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 9 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 10 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...