So far only mod I've done on my SR225 is adding the headband padding from a jvc XX headphone and lot more confortable and remove the cloth thing on the front of the driver. looking foward to punch 4 holes and install the blue tack on the magnet
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
post your grado mods.... - Page 243post #3631 of 54318/9/13 at 10:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 54318/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #3633 of 54318/9/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
I thought the stock grills looked great as they are.
But if you've got the itch to mod it I would try to find a thinner mesh to allow more air-flow and less sound reflections.... not that you're really getting any right now... because you're probably not.post #3634 of 54318/9/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
I was going to say, I actually take the 225/225i grills out of the plastic when I mod and use them on my woody cups if I have them...post #3635 of 54318/10/13 at 8:43ampost #3636 of 54318/11/13 at 6:34am
I need to recable my grados... did a really dirty detachable cable mod ages ago using the wire I had at hand in the stock headphone lead and its all worn out now. Plus my detachable is broken. Really wanna have a go at making carbon fibre cups at some point also.post #3637 of 54318/11/13 at 6:41ampost #3638 of 54318/11/13 at 6:55ampost #3639 of 54318/11/13 at 12:18pmpost #3640 of 54318/12/13 at 4:10pm
Hey 7keys, I worked on my Magnum build and figured you'd appreciate at sneak peek!
That's all you get for at least a day or two while I tune the sound and wait on some paint to dry...post #3641 of 54318/12/13 at 5:03pmpost #3642 of 54318/12/13 at 5:22pmpost #3643 of 54318/12/13 at 5:47pmpost #3644 of 54318/12/13 at 6:09pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 11 seconds ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3? 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help***Leaving Sales FeedBack 2 minutes ago
- › Best all-rounder ($250) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › **Schiit Mjolnir: minty** 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)