So far only mod I've done on my SR225 is adding the headband padding from a jvc XX headphone and lot more confortable and remove the cloth thing on the front of the driver. looking foward to punch 4 holes and install the blue tack on the magnet
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
post your grado mods.... - Page 243post #3631 of 63208/9/13 at 10:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 63208/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #3633 of 63208/9/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
I thought the stock grills looked great as they are.
But if you've got the itch to mod it I would try to find a thinner mesh to allow more air-flow and less sound reflections.... not that you're really getting any right now... because you're probably not.post #3634 of 63208/9/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
I was going to say, I actually take the 225/225i grills out of the plastic when I mod and use them on my woody cups if I have them...post #3635 of 63208/10/13 at 8:43ampost #3636 of 63208/11/13 at 6:34am
I need to recable my grados... did a really dirty detachable cable mod ages ago using the wire I had at hand in the stock headphone lead and its all worn out now. Plus my detachable is broken. Really wanna have a go at making carbon fibre cups at some point also.post #3637 of 63208/11/13 at 6:41ampost #3638 of 63208/11/13 at 6:55ampost #3639 of 63208/11/13 at 12:18pmpost #3640 of 63208/12/13 at 4:10pm
Hey 7keys, I worked on my Magnum build and figured you'd appreciate at sneak peek!
That's all you get for at least a day or two while I tune the sound and wait on some paint to dry...post #3641 of 63208/12/13 at 5:03pmpost #3642 of 63208/12/13 at 5:22pmpost #3643 of 63208/12/13 at 5:47pmpost #3644 of 63208/12/13 at 6:09pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 13 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 53 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sought after e88cc/6922 tubes for sale 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 4 minutes ago
- › ATH M50? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni vs. Magni 2. 6 minutes ago
- › AV40 Upgrade for 2.1 Passive Stereo System 6 minutes ago
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2