So far only mod I've done on my SR225 is adding the headband padding from a jvc XX headphone and lot more confortable and remove the cloth thing on the front of the driver. looking foward to punch 4 holes and install the blue tack on the magnet
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on Today at 1:10 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawers: AKG K403, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, SR-80 and some more that I...
post your grado mods.... - Page 243post #3631 of 60158/9/13 at 10:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 60158/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #3633 of 60158/9/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
I thought the stock grills looked great as they are.
But if you've got the itch to mod it I would try to find a thinner mesh to allow more air-flow and less sound reflections.... not that you're really getting any right now... because you're probably not.post #3634 of 60158/9/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
I was going to say, I actually take the 225/225i grills out of the plastic when I mod and use them on my woody cups if I have them...post #3635 of 60158/10/13 at 8:43ampost #3636 of 60158/11/13 at 6:34am
I need to recable my grados... did a really dirty detachable cable mod ages ago using the wire I had at hand in the stock headphone lead and its all worn out now. Plus my detachable is broken. Really wanna have a go at making carbon fibre cups at some point also.post #3637 of 60158/11/13 at 6:41ampost #3638 of 60158/11/13 at 6:55ampost #3639 of 60158/11/13 at 12:18pmpost #3640 of 60158/12/13 at 4:10pm
Hey 7keys, I worked on my Magnum build and figured you'd appreciate at sneak peek!
That's all you get for at least a day or two while I tune the sound and wait on some paint to dry...post #3641 of 60158/12/13 at 5:03pmpost #3642 of 60158/12/13 at 5:22pmpost #3643 of 60158/12/13 at 5:47pmpost #3644 of 60158/12/13 at 6:09pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Q701 impressions thread 18 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 50 seconds ago
- › It's not the D, it's the A that will kill you... 53 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)