So far only mod I've done on my SR225 is adding the headband padding from a jvc XX headphone and lot more confortable and remove the cloth thing on the front of the driver. looking foward to punch 4 holes and install the blue tack on the magnet
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
post your grado mods.... - Page 243post #3631 of 74938/9/13 at 10:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 74938/9/13 at 12:52pmpost #3633 of 74938/9/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
I thought the stock grills looked great as they are.
But if you've got the itch to mod it I would try to find a thinner mesh to allow more air-flow and less sound reflections.... not that you're really getting any right now... because you're probably not.post #3634 of 74938/9/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
I was going to say, I actually take the 225/225i grills out of the plastic when I mod and use them on my woody cups if I have them...post #3635 of 74938/10/13 at 8:43ampost #3636 of 74938/11/13 at 6:34am
I need to recable my grados... did a really dirty detachable cable mod ages ago using the wire I had at hand in the stock headphone lead and its all worn out now. Plus my detachable is broken. Really wanna have a go at making carbon fibre cups at some point also.post #3637 of 74938/11/13 at 6:41ampost #3638 of 74938/11/13 at 6:55ampost #3639 of 74938/11/13 at 12:18pmpost #3640 of 74938/12/13 at 4:10pm
Hey 7keys, I worked on my Magnum build and figured you'd appreciate at sneak peek!
That's all you get for at least a day or two while I tune the sound and wait on some paint to dry...post #3641 of 74938/12/13 at 5:03pmpost #3642 of 74938/12/13 at 5:22pmpost #3643 of 74938/12/13 at 5:47pmpost #3644 of 74938/12/13 at 6:09pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › The public beta firmware of Android 5.1 for FiiO X7 is coming! 15 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 43 seconds ago
- › Audeze Headphones 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...