Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

post your grado mods.... - Page 242

post #3616 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Ok, cool. I was reading yesterday, and saw that it recommended the hair dryer, but was too lazy to go back and change my post. Anyways, these are my cups from 7Keys:






Also, can someone point me in the direction for a guide on recabling the Grados? Or just somebody tell me which part is ground, and left/right.

It should be marked on the driver the red dot is power/signal.
post #3617 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Ok, cool. I was reading yesterday, and saw that it recommended the hair dryer, but was too lazy to go back and change my post. Anyways, these are my cups from 7Keys:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 



Also, can someone point me in the direction for a guide on recabling the Grados? Or just somebody tell me which part is ground, and left/right.

It should be marked on the driver the red dot is power/signal.

Cool. Thanks!

post #3618 of 5431
I was thinking about recabling with mogami starquad, but I dont really think its worth it. Recabling makes little to no difference in sound quality, at least in my opinion, and theres no point in paying for something i cant, or can just barely hear.
post #3619 of 5431

I'm doing it for ergonomics and the fact it will be lighter.

post #3620 of 5431

UPDATE: I did reach Grado USA and they redirect me to Grado Canada and the guy is supposed to get the part for me, waiting for more info about price for part and sh.

 

 

Not a mods but need help, I did get last night a pair of SR225i and the left cup is missing the ring who say " the prestige series", yes stupid of me to not see it, I was so happy with the sound that I missed that, can someone guide me where to get that part? I've already mail Grado but I'm in Canada and don't really want to send my HP

 

Thank you

Daniel

 

ps: I did try to insert a picture but not working


Edited by pixelsphotopro - 8/6/13 at 6:00pm
post #3621 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelsphotopro View Post

Not a mods but need help, I did get last night a pair of SR225i and the left cup is missing the ring who say " the prestige series", yes stupid of me to not see it, I was so happy with the sound that I missed that, can someone guide me where to get that part? I've already mail Grado but I'm in Canada and don't really want to send my HP

 

Thank you

Daniel

 

ps: I did try to insert a picture but not working

My thought would be: If it's that big of a deal to you, try to get a plastic cup from someone who replaced their cups with wood (or get that ring from them, but getting a whole cup might lessen the chances of it breaking).

 

If you're wanting to put wood cups on them anyway, I personally wouldn't bother.

 

I'm going to assume you bought them used?

post #3622 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelsphotopro View Post

Not a mods but need help, I did get last night a pair of SR225i and the left cup is missing the ring who say " the prestige series", yes stupid of me to not see it, I was so happy with the sound that I missed that, can someone guide me where to get that part? I've already mail Grado but I'm in Canada and don't really want to send my HP

 

Thank you

Daniel

 

ps: I did try to insert a picture but not working

 

I'm sure someone has one laying about.

 

 

Anyone?

post #3623 of 5431
The badge in the middle of the grill or the cup? I have multiples of both which one do you need?
post #3624 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelsphotopro View Post

Not a mods but need help, I did get last night a pair of SR225i and the left cup is missing the ring who say " the prestige series", yes stupid of me to not see it, I was so happy with the sound that I missed that, can someone guide me where to get that part? I've already mail Grado but I'm in Canada and don't really want to send my HP

 

Thank you

Daniel

 

ps: I did try to insert a picture but not working

http://www.head-fi.org/t/530965/grado-fan-club/8415#post_9682500

 

See there.

post #3625 of 5431

Deleted


Edited by pixelsphotopro - 8/6/13 at 6:05pm
post #3626 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post

The badge in the middle of the grill or the cup? I have multiples of both which one do you need?

The cup ring, and I have a paypal account to pay you as I live in montreal Canada. Please pm me and we'll make the arrangement

 

Thank you

 

Daniel

 

Please pm me and I'll email you the picture of the missing part

post #3627 of 5431

Here are my 'white' Grados. They are old SR80s with pink drivers. 

 

 

Real lambskin cover over the stock headband - hand cut and sewn.

Cups made of beech wood. I figured beech doesn't add flavour to food, so hopefully they have the same properties when it comes to sound. biggrin.gif

Cups are cut by hand using an electric drill with a holesaw drill bit and a rotary tool with various tool bits. They're not perfectly circular on the inside, but everything including the earpads and leather headband have lots of hand-crafted imperfections which works well together I think.

Finished with matt wood varnish (3 coats)

Black woven mesh grills are cut from a steel kitchen sieve spray painted black (3 or 4 coats) - sieves are a good cheap source of woven mesh!


Edited by GREQ - 8/8/13 at 6:23am
post #3628 of 5431
Nicely done sir...
post #3629 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

Here are my 'white' Grados. They are old SR80s with pink drivers. 




Real lambskin cover over the stock headband - hand cut and sewn.
Cups made of beech wood. I figured beech doesn't add flavour to food, so hopefully they have the same properties when it comes to sound. biggrin.gif

Cups are cut by hand using an electric drill with a holesaw drill bit and a rotary tool with various tool bits. They're not perfectly circular on the inside, but everything including the earpads and leather headband have lots of hand-crafted imperfections which works well together I think.
Finished with matt wood varnish (3 coats)
Black woven mesh grills are cut from a steel kitchen sieve spray painted black (3 or 4 coats) - sieves are a good cheap source of woven mesh!
Oh lordy!! Those look GORGEOUS
post #3630 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post
Oh lordy!! Those look GORGEOUS

Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post
Nicely done sir...

Cheers & Cheers!

Glad you like 'em.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....