- 2,808 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Southern California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
post your grado mods.... - Page 239post #3571 of 76367/24/13 at 4:42pmIt looks like it...and those dings in the diaphragm don't bode well either...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3572 of 76367/24/13 at 5:04pm
Yeah - those are practically ready for the bin.
Also nobody sends drivers in THAT sort of packaging. I'd be absolutely disgusted.
Even if you pop out the dents in the diaphragm (which is very easy with a toothpick and double sided tape on the end), there will be too many new creases that ruin the uniformity.post #3573 of 76367/24/13 at 5:09pmpost #3574 of 76367/24/13 at 6:00pmpost #3575 of 76367/24/13 at 6:29pmpost #3576 of 76367/24/13 at 7:08pm
It appears that the diaphragm has wrinkles in them, as well. I wouldn't be happy either. While I wouldn't ask for the cups back, I would try to arrange some type of compensation to the driver, in hopes that the trader in question would work something out with you in good faith.
In all truth and honesty, there really isn't a standard to "bare driver", that I know of. So there really is no trade violation that I can think of. It is, however, fairly common knowledge, among the Grado modding community, that a "bare driver" still has the diaphragm grill and cloth intact, and such driver would only be missing the shell and cup.
On the other hand, the terminology of "bare driver" vs. "liberated driver" could be thrown in there to, where a liberated driver, as we all know, always retains the grill and cloth, minus the shell and cup.
As I said, perhaps you could work something out with the trader and hope that in good faith they might be willing to compensate you for getting the short stick of the deal.post #3577 of 76367/24/13 at 11:55pmpost #3578 of 76367/25/13 at 12:42am
While there are good lessons to be learned about photos and the terminology involved in headphone disassembly, the biggest problem here is FULL DISCLOSURE, and secondly abysmal packaging.
The seller did not offer full disclosure which is considered deception.
The packaging is a joke, which I'm sure breaks some sort of consumer/customer laws.post #3579 of 76367/25/13 at 7:32amAs it was the first time the seller liberated a Grado driver he thought bare drive was striped of all plastic. I know he was not trying to screw me and has offered compensation. So............... all is good. These things happen and we all make mistakes.post #3580 of 76367/25/13 at 3:15pmpost #3581 of 76367/25/13 at 7:35pm
SERIOUS QUESTION FROM THE HORSE.
Okay, so since I installed the wood cups from 7keys (glorious job btw mate!), I feel like the bit of punchiness that punching two holes added, kinda went away with the wood. Is this possible to be the case? Im tempted to punch one more, to pull out that glorious bass in Yes's 'Siberian Khatru', but Im afraid of making them sound sloppy.
Great sounding song on punchy Grados btw!!post #3582 of 76367/26/13 at 7:09ampost #3583 of 76367/26/13 at 10:48ampost #3584 of 76367/26/13 at 11:08amThey have wooden inner sleeves, correct?
You could try the hair-dryer method that works with the SR series. It would take a little longer with the aluminum outer cups.
Lord only knows why you would want to muck about inside those headphones though....post #3585 of 76367/26/13 at 11:22amQuote:
Hi - Sorry I should have been a little clearer.
I don't want to actually take the earcup apart, I just purchased some aluminium rodbloks and gimbals from martin custom audio and I need to swap them over. Can't figure out how to take off the stock ones. I don't want to damage them.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear