Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: Yesterday
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction: The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
post your grado mods.... - Page 233
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3482 of 64387/10/13 at 3:37ampost #3483 of 64387/10/13 at 7:27amQuote:
Nice, they look like they just came out of the oven.
Did you get any color bleed?
What kind of finish did you put on those.
Edited by 7keys - 7/10/13 at 10:24ampost #3484 of 64387/10/13 at 7:28ampost #3485 of 64387/10/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by alrgeez
i used some mesh from a strainer i found at the dollar store. i just painted it black.
heres my headband. its not perfect but way more comfortable over the stock vinyl headband.
i used italian lambskin. the cushion is from some eggcart memory foam material i had laying around. the headband is 20mm wider than the stock headband. still smells like contact cement so ill air it out for a week or so.
You need to get a better screen, The only thing that screen is going to protect your drivers from is ------------? Plus it needs to be darker to show off that light colored maple and so you don't see the drivers....although some might like to see the drivers. Just my Opinion.
The lamb skin headband is fantastic though.
Edited by 7keys - 7/11/13 at 7:55ampost #3486 of 64387/11/13 at 7:53ampost #3487 of 64387/11/13 at 12:19pm
Here are my modded MS1i's.
They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!post #3488 of 64387/11/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Looks great!post #3489 of 64387/11/13 at 3:49pm
Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lolpost #3490 of 64387/11/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Quote:
You's guys and your sexy ass cups... good work!post #3491 of 64387/11/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Thanks for the feedback guys! I posted a review of them the other day and got no reaction at all. lol.
That is indeed electrical tape, however, it only covers the outside (and believe me, it took some time to get it looking that smooth ) . The inside is comprised of layers of slicker, more reflective tape that have been fixed to each other. I was impressed by how much the sleeves impacted the sound as well about how well they match the color of the original housing.
Edited by new reformation - 7/11/13 at 5:56pmpost #3492 of 64387/12/13 at 2:11pmpost #3493 of 64387/12/13 at 2:17pm
Oh and FYI the knock off G-cush is not worth it... different material, not as deep, not as rigid, not as comfy, sounds different... and the set I got were both cut badly and mismatched...post #3494 of 64387/12/13 at 3:38pmQuote:
Where did you get those?
Have you sanded out the Padouk cups to fit the drivers? You're going to love that.post #3495 of 64387/12/13 at 3:56pm
Yup all sanded, used a dremmel and test fitted with a blown driver, fits perfect without foam tape! (did it outside on a picnic table... it was windy, so there's no mess)
The knock off g-cush was on amazon, by ear zonk...
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 34 seconds ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Moving up from Senn PX200-II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)