Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
post your grado mods.... - Page 233
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3482 of 57257/10/13 at 3:37ampost #3483 of 57257/10/13 at 7:27amQuote:
Nice, they look like they just came out of the oven.
Did you get any color bleed?
What kind of finish did you put on those.
Edited by 7keys - 7/10/13 at 10:24ampost #3484 of 57257/10/13 at 7:28ampost #3485 of 57257/10/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by alrgeez
i used some mesh from a strainer i found at the dollar store. i just painted it black.
heres my headband. its not perfect but way more comfortable over the stock vinyl headband.
i used italian lambskin. the cushion is from some eggcart memory foam material i had laying around. the headband is 20mm wider than the stock headband. still smells like contact cement so ill air it out for a week or so.
You need to get a better screen, The only thing that screen is going to protect your drivers from is ------------? Plus it needs to be darker to show off that light colored maple and so you don't see the drivers....although some might like to see the drivers. Just my Opinion.
The lamb skin headband is fantastic though.
Edited by 7keys - 7/11/13 at 7:55ampost #3486 of 57257/11/13 at 7:53ampost #3487 of 57257/11/13 at 12:19pm
Here are my modded MS1i's.
They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!post #3488 of 57257/11/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Looks great!post #3489 of 57257/11/13 at 3:49pm
Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lolpost #3490 of 57257/11/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Quote:
You's guys and your sexy ass cups... good work!post #3491 of 57257/11/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Thanks for the feedback guys! I posted a review of them the other day and got no reaction at all. lol.
That is indeed electrical tape, however, it only covers the outside (and believe me, it took some time to get it looking that smooth ) . The inside is comprised of layers of slicker, more reflective tape that have been fixed to each other. I was impressed by how much the sleeves impacted the sound as well about how well they match the color of the original housing.
Edited by new reformation - 7/11/13 at 5:56pmpost #3492 of 57257/12/13 at 2:11pmpost #3493 of 57257/12/13 at 2:17pm
Oh and FYI the knock off G-cush is not worth it... different material, not as deep, not as rigid, not as comfy, sounds different... and the set I got were both cut badly and mismatched...post #3494 of 57257/12/13 at 3:38pmQuote:
Where did you get those?
Have you sanded out the Padouk cups to fit the drivers? You're going to love that.post #3495 of 57257/12/13 at 3:56pm
Yup all sanded, used a dremmel and test fitted with a blown driver, fits perfect without foam tape! (did it outside on a picnic table... it was windy, so there's no mess)
The knock off g-cush was on amazon, by ear zonk...
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Help! 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 7 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 11 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)