Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

post your grado mods.... - Page 233

post #3481 of 5431
New cups! Honduran rosewood with padauk inserts. Got creative this time!

post #3482 of 5431

Hello guys, I want to show you what I made recently. I am doing it for hobby (and some business biggrin.gif). Check it out!

 

IMG_1054.jpg     IMG_1056.jpg      IMG_1059.jpg      IMG_1066.jpg      IMG_1065.jpg

 

and more..

post #3483 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by PintoDave View Post

New cups! Honduran rosewood with padauk inserts. Got creative this time!

Nice, they look like they just came out of the oven.

Did you get any color bleed?

 

What kind of finish did you put on those.


Edited by 7keys - 7/10/13 at 10:24am
post #3484 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by intermediete View Post

Hello guys, I want to show you what I made recently. I am doing it for hobby (and some business biggrin.gif). Check it out!

 

IMG_1054.jpg     IMG_1056.jpg      IMG_1059.jpg      IMG_1066.jpg      IMG_1065.jpg

 

and more..

Nice work!

post #3485 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrgeez View Post


i used some mesh from a strainer i found at the dollar store. i just painted it black.

 

700

 

 

heres my headband. its not perfect but way more comfortable over the stock vinyl headband.

 

700

 

700

 

i used italian lambskin. the cushion is from some eggcart memory foam material i had laying around. the headband is 20mm wider than the stock headband. still smells like contact cement so ill air it out for a week or so.

 

You need to get a better screen, The only thing that screen is going to protect your drivers from is ------------? Plus it needs to be darker to show off that light colored maple and so you don't see the drivers....although some might like to see the drivers. Just my Opinion.

 

The lamb skin headband is fantastic though. 


Edited by 7keys - 7/11/13 at 7:55am
post #3486 of 5431

Here's a low profile Cherry cup I've been working on.

 

post #3487 of 5431

 

Here are my modded MS1i's.

 

They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!

post #3488 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by new reformation View Post

 

Here are my modded MS1i's.

 

They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!


Looks great!

post #3489 of 5431
Originally Posted by new reformation View Post

 

Here are my modded MS1i's.

 

They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!

 

Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post


Looks great!

 

 

Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lol

post #3490 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by PintoDave View Post

New cups! Honduran rosewood with padauk inserts. Got creative this time!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by intermediete View Post

Hello guys, I want to show you what I made recently. I am doing it for hobby (and some business biggrin.gif). Check it out!

 

IMG_1054.jpg     IMG_1056.jpg      IMG_1059.jpg      IMG_1066.jpg      IMG_1065.jpg

 

and more..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7keys View Post

Here's a low profile Cherry cup I've been working on.

 

 

You's guys and your sexy ass cups... good work!

post #3491 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post

 

 

 

Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post


Looks great!

 

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I posted a review of them the other day and got no reaction at all. lol.

 

That is indeed electrical tape, however, it only covers the outside (and believe me, it took some time to get it looking that smooth tongue.gif) .  The inside is comprised of layers of slicker, more reflective tape that have been fixed to each other.  I was impressed by how much the sleeves impacted the sound as well about how well they match the color of the original housing.


Edited by new reformation - 7/11/13 at 5:56pm
post #3492 of 5431

700

700

 

Soon 7keys... soon lol

post #3493 of 5431

Oh and FYI the knock off G-cush is not worth it... different material, not as deep, not as rigid, not as comfy, sounds different... and the set I got were both cut badly and mismatched...

post #3494 of 5431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post

Oh and FYI the knock off G-cush is not worth it... different material, not as deep, not as rigid, not as comfy, sounds different... and the set I got were both cut badly and mismatched...

Where did you get those?

 

Have you sanded out the Padouk cups to fit the drivers? You're going to love that.smile.gif

post #3495 of 5431

Yup all sanded, used a dremmel and test fitted with a blown driver, fits perfect without foam tape! (did it outside on a picnic table... it was windy, so there's no mess)

 

The knock off g-cush was on amazon, by ear zonk...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....