Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
post your grado mods.... - Page 233
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3482 of 72077/10/13 at 3:37ampost #3483 of 72077/10/13 at 7:27amQuote:
Nice, they look like they just came out of the oven.
Did you get any color bleed?
What kind of finish did you put on those.
Edited by 7keys - 7/10/13 at 10:24ampost #3484 of 72077/10/13 at 7:28ampost #3485 of 72077/10/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by alrgeez
i used some mesh from a strainer i found at the dollar store. i just painted it black.
heres my headband. its not perfect but way more comfortable over the stock vinyl headband.
i used italian lambskin. the cushion is from some eggcart memory foam material i had laying around. the headband is 20mm wider than the stock headband. still smells like contact cement so ill air it out for a week or so.
You need to get a better screen, The only thing that screen is going to protect your drivers from is ------------? Plus it needs to be darker to show off that light colored maple and so you don't see the drivers....although some might like to see the drivers. Just my Opinion.
The lamb skin headband is fantastic though.
Edited by 7keys - 7/11/13 at 7:55ampost #3486 of 72077/11/13 at 7:53ampost #3487 of 72077/11/13 at 12:19pm
Here are my modded MS1i's.
They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!post #3488 of 72077/11/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Looks great!post #3489 of 72077/11/13 at 3:49pm
Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lolpost #3490 of 72077/11/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Quote:
You's guys and your sexy ass cups... good work!post #3491 of 72077/11/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Thanks for the feedback guys! I posted a review of them the other day and got no reaction at all. lol.
That is indeed electrical tape, however, it only covers the outside (and believe me, it took some time to get it looking that smooth ) . The inside is comprised of layers of slicker, more reflective tape that have been fixed to each other. I was impressed by how much the sleeves impacted the sound as well about how well they match the color of the original housing.
Edited by new reformation - 7/11/13 at 5:56pmpost #3492 of 72077/12/13 at 2:11pmpost #3493 of 72077/12/13 at 2:17pm
Oh and FYI the knock off G-cush is not worth it... different material, not as deep, not as rigid, not as comfy, sounds different... and the set I got were both cut badly and mismatched...post #3494 of 72077/12/13 at 3:38pmQuote:
Where did you get those?
Have you sanded out the Padouk cups to fit the drivers? You're going to love that.post #3495 of 72077/12/13 at 3:56pm
Yup all sanded, used a dremmel and test fitted with a blown driver, fits perfect without foam tape! (did it outside on a picnic table... it was windy, so there's no mess)
The knock off g-cush was on amazon, by ear zonk...
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › FiiO x7 pairing bluetooth 1 minute ago
- › Question for desktop setup (Please help) 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50s vs sennheiser pc350 fps gaming / overwatch 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 6 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...