Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
post your grado mods.... - Page 233
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3482 of 76377/10/13 at 3:37ampost #3483 of 76377/10/13 at 7:27amQuote:
Nice, they look like they just came out of the oven.
Did you get any color bleed?
What kind of finish did you put on those.
Edited by 7keys - 7/10/13 at 10:24ampost #3484 of 76377/10/13 at 7:28ampost #3485 of 76377/10/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by alrgeez
i used some mesh from a strainer i found at the dollar store. i just painted it black.
heres my headband. its not perfect but way more comfortable over the stock vinyl headband.
i used italian lambskin. the cushion is from some eggcart memory foam material i had laying around. the headband is 20mm wider than the stock headband. still smells like contact cement so ill air it out for a week or so.
You need to get a better screen, The only thing that screen is going to protect your drivers from is ------------? Plus it needs to be darker to show off that light colored maple and so you don't see the drivers....although some might like to see the drivers. Just my Opinion.
The lamb skin headband is fantastic though.
Edited by 7keys - 7/11/13 at 7:55ampost #3486 of 76377/11/13 at 7:53ampost #3487 of 76377/11/13 at 12:19pm
Here are my modded MS1i's.
They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!post #3488 of 76377/11/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Looks great!post #3489 of 76377/11/13 at 3:49pm
Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lolpost #3490 of 76377/11/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Quote:
You's guys and your sexy ass cups... good work!post #3491 of 76377/11/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Thanks for the feedback guys! I posted a review of them the other day and got no reaction at all. lol.
That is indeed electrical tape, however, it only covers the outside (and believe me, it took some time to get it looking that smooth ) . The inside is comprised of layers of slicker, more reflective tape that have been fixed to each other. I was impressed by how much the sleeves impacted the sound as well about how well they match the color of the original housing.
Edited by new reformation - 7/11/13 at 5:56pmpost #3492 of 76377/12/13 at 2:11pmpost #3493 of 76377/12/13 at 2:17pm
Oh and FYI the knock off G-cush is not worth it... different material, not as deep, not as rigid, not as comfy, sounds different... and the set I got were both cut badly and mismatched...post #3494 of 76377/12/13 at 3:38pmQuote:
Where did you get those?
Have you sanded out the Padouk cups to fit the drivers? You're going to love that.post #3495 of 76377/12/13 at 3:56pm
Yup all sanded, used a dremmel and test fitted with a blown driver, fits perfect without foam tape! (did it outside on a picnic table... it was windy, so there's no mess)
The knock off g-cush was on amazon, by ear zonk...
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › 【≽ S=H=I=V ≼】91-9958802839 blaCk mAgIc SpeCIaLIsT bABa ji Chandigarh 58 seconds ago
- › :://::91-9772572547 :://: VasHikarAn BlaCk MaGic SpeCialist Baba ji 1 minute ago
- › ((M:O:L:A:N:A)) Husband Wife Problrm +91 9799592658 Solution molviji 2 minutes ago
- › 【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~Black maGic SpeCialist BABA ji iN ujeN 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 4 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 【≽ S=H=I=V ≼】91-9958802839 blaCk mAgIc SpeCIaLIsT bABa ji America 5 minutes ago
- › Advanced Acousticwerkes US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - W900, W500, plus... 5 minutes ago
- › 【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~Black maGic SpeCialist BABA ji iN... 7 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear