Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
post your grado mods.... - Page 233
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3482 of 73547/10/13 at 3:37ampost #3483 of 73547/10/13 at 7:27amQuote:
Nice, they look like they just came out of the oven.
Did you get any color bleed?
What kind of finish did you put on those.
Edited by 7keys - 7/10/13 at 10:24ampost #3484 of 73547/10/13 at 7:28ampost #3485 of 73547/10/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by alrgeez
i used some mesh from a strainer i found at the dollar store. i just painted it black.
heres my headband. its not perfect but way more comfortable over the stock vinyl headband.
i used italian lambskin. the cushion is from some eggcart memory foam material i had laying around. the headband is 20mm wider than the stock headband. still smells like contact cement so ill air it out for a week or so.
You need to get a better screen, The only thing that screen is going to protect your drivers from is ------------? Plus it needs to be darker to show off that light colored maple and so you don't see the drivers....although some might like to see the drivers. Just my Opinion.
The lamb skin headband is fantastic though.
Edited by 7keys - 7/11/13 at 7:55ampost #3486 of 73547/11/13 at 7:53ampost #3487 of 73547/11/13 at 12:19pm
Here are my modded MS1i's.
They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!post #3488 of 73547/11/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Looks great!post #3489 of 73547/11/13 at 3:49pm
Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lolpost #3490 of 73547/11/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Quote:
You's guys and your sexy ass cups... good work!post #3491 of 73547/11/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Thanks for the feedback guys! I posted a review of them the other day and got no reaction at all. lol.
That is indeed electrical tape, however, it only covers the outside (and believe me, it took some time to get it looking that smooth ) . The inside is comprised of layers of slicker, more reflective tape that have been fixed to each other. I was impressed by how much the sleeves impacted the sound as well about how well they match the color of the original housing.
Edited by new reformation - 7/11/13 at 5:56pmpost #3492 of 73547/12/13 at 2:11pmpost #3493 of 73547/12/13 at 2:17pm
Oh and FYI the knock off G-cush is not worth it... different material, not as deep, not as rigid, not as comfy, sounds different... and the set I got were both cut badly and mismatched...post #3494 of 73547/12/13 at 3:38pmQuote:
Where did you get those?
Have you sanded out the Padouk cups to fit the drivers? You're going to love that.post #3495 of 73547/12/13 at 3:56pm
Yup all sanded, used a dremmel and test fitted with a blown driver, fits perfect without foam tape! (did it outside on a picnic table... it was windy, so there's no mess)
The knock off g-cush was on amazon, by ear zonk...
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 7 seconds ago
- › Titanium X-Fi hissing and popping in Win 10 15 seconds ago
- › Live Chess! 1 minute ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP acquisition suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...