Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
post your grado mods.... - Page 208post #3106 of 61506/14/13 at 12:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3107 of 61506/14/13 at 12:10pmpost #3108 of 61506/14/13 at 12:38pm
Really great work!
Would be very happy if you could post some measurements (height, diameters) or a drawing with inner and outer shape and sizes.
Edited by GermanGuy - 6/14/13 at 12:39pmpost #3109 of 61506/14/13 at 2:00pmpost #3110 of 61506/14/13 at 2:04pm
Just mucking around.
Made up some cups and I bought an urbanears plattan headphone for its head band and thought why not try the
40mm drivers and compare.
Well wow what a sound .i think I'll build a nice copper cable for lowering the tones a little and put some nice black grills on .
Amazing what you can do with 5 mins in the evening hehehepost #3111 of 61506/14/13 at 10:50pmpost #3112 of 61506/15/13 at 12:34ampost #3113 of 61506/15/13 at 12:39amIQuote:
I got a spare set that need to be refinished if you'd like to snag some cheap and re poly thempost #3114 of 61506/15/13 at 4:22ampost #3115 of 61506/15/13 at 5:28pm
Well I've joined the club, check it out!!
Really happy how they turned out...
MS1i's with bowls and now with wood cups....
Big thanks to Vibrolabs, bought them off Ebay and was delivered down to Australia in no time!
Installation was easy and actually alot of fun! The sound is just plain awesome, I can hear a big difference from reference to woodies! Will happily do this mod again with any future Grados!
P.s Ms1i's are supurb!post #3116 of 61506/15/13 at 9:21pmpost #3117 of 61506/15/13 at 9:58pmpost #3118 of 61506/16/13 at 1:30ampost #3119 of 61506/16/13 at 1:32am
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 27 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 42 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 2 minutes ago
- › Are the Shure SE846's worth it? 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on the new 1964 Ears V8 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2