Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
post your grado mods.... - Page 208post #3106 of 51706/14/13 at 12:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3107 of 51706/14/13 at 12:10pmpost #3108 of 51706/14/13 at 12:38pm
Really great work!
Would be very happy if you could post some measurements (height, diameters) or a drawing with inner and outer shape and sizes.
Edited by GermanGuy - 6/14/13 at 12:39pmpost #3109 of 51706/14/13 at 2:00pmpost #3110 of 51706/14/13 at 2:04pm
Just mucking around.
Made up some cups and I bought an urbanears plattan headphone for its head band and thought why not try the
40mm drivers and compare.
Well wow what a sound .i think I'll build a nice copper cable for lowering the tones a little and put some nice black grills on .
Amazing what you can do with 5 mins in the evening hehehepost #3111 of 51706/14/13 at 10:50pmpost #3112 of 51706/15/13 at 12:34ampost #3113 of 51706/15/13 at 12:39amIQuote:
I got a spare set that need to be refinished if you'd like to snag some cheap and re poly thempost #3114 of 51706/15/13 at 4:22ampost #3115 of 51706/15/13 at 5:28pm
Well I've joined the club, check it out!!
Really happy how they turned out...
MS1i's with bowls and now with wood cups....
Big thanks to Vibrolabs, bought them off Ebay and was delivered down to Australia in no time!
Installation was easy and actually alot of fun! The sound is just plain awesome, I can hear a big difference from reference to woodies! Will happily do this mod again with any future Grados!
P.s Ms1i's are supurb!post #3116 of 51706/15/13 at 9:21pmpost #3117 of 51706/15/13 at 9:58pmpost #3118 of 51706/16/13 at 1:30ampost #3119 of 51706/16/13 at 1:32am
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HD650 vs HE400/300 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure EC3 6 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 7 minutes ago
- › ATH M50 Mod Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)