Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I got the same kind but of course in purple Philips SHE3590PP/28 In-Ear Headphones (Purple) - there is basically no based and I had to turn the volume way up to hear sound that didn't sound cheap.
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
post your grado mods.... - Page 208post #3106 of 74416/14/13 at 12:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3107 of 74416/14/13 at 12:10pmpost #3108 of 74416/14/13 at 12:38pm
Really great work!
Would be very happy if you could post some measurements (height, diameters) or a drawing with inner and outer shape and sizes.
Edited by GermanGuy - 6/14/13 at 12:39pmpost #3109 of 74416/14/13 at 2:00pmpost #3110 of 74416/14/13 at 2:04pm
Just mucking around.
Made up some cups and I bought an urbanears plattan headphone for its head band and thought why not try the
40mm drivers and compare.
Well wow what a sound .i think I'll build a nice copper cable for lowering the tones a little and put some nice black grills on .
Amazing what you can do with 5 mins in the evening hehehepost #3111 of 74416/14/13 at 10:50pmpost #3112 of 74416/15/13 at 12:34ampost #3113 of 74416/15/13 at 12:39amIQuote:
I got a spare set that need to be refinished if you'd like to snag some cheap and re poly thempost #3114 of 74416/15/13 at 4:22ampost #3115 of 74416/15/13 at 5:28pm
Well I've joined the club, check it out!!
Really happy how they turned out...
MS1i's with bowls and now with wood cups....
Big thanks to Vibrolabs, bought them off Ebay and was delivered down to Australia in no time!
Installation was easy and actually alot of fun! The sound is just plain awesome, I can hear a big difference from reference to woodies! Will happily do this mod again with any future Grados!
P.s Ms1i's are supurb!post #3116 of 74416/15/13 at 9:21pmpost #3117 of 74416/15/13 at 9:58pmpost #3118 of 74416/16/13 at 1:30ampost #3119 of 74416/16/13 at 1:32am
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › What is your ear cleaning routine like? 1 minute ago
- › FIIO Customer Service... 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Why does my vinyl sound bad? 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 4 minutes ago
- › Etymotic Research ER4SR (Like New) 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...