Looks like I killed a driver. Anyone know a fix for this. I was trying to desolder the cable and the entire plate you solder to came off leaving a bare board behind.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 6/15/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 6/18/10
- categoryHead Geartagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
post your grado mods.... - Page 199post #2971 of 72664/29/13 at 8:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2972 of 72664/29/13 at 9:18ampost #2973 of 72664/29/13 at 1:53pmpost #2974 of 72664/29/13 at 2:33pmpost #2975 of 72664/30/13 at 6:15ampost #2976 of 72665/1/13 at 6:57pmpost #2977 of 72665/2/13 at 6:00am
Hi I wanted to share something which to me a significant improvement with my MS2i.
I first read about the "blue tac" thing on the RS2 and above that helps to improve focus and cut down resonant.
I tried sticking a piece of felt on the back of the drivers (not blocking the holes of course) but to be honest I didn't feel any difference.
For some reason, I bought some "black tac" which is softer and more stretchy then the blue one. I tried removing the felt and replace it with the black tac. Interestingly, there is really an improvement. The sound is tighter especially the treble and it seems to tam the bright sound that some who said it's too bright. With the improvement, I flatten the black tac into a small disc to stick onto the driver and at the same time stick some on the cable to make it look closer to Grado original :)
I have been watching article about wood cup on the RS1/2 and how wood use as driver shell on PS1000/500 improve sound by cutting down resonant and vibration to give it a tighter sound, improve definition.
So, the key word I pick up was "reduce resonant and vibration", "tighter sound, definition". My MS2i has metal case but plastic shell that hold the driver. If the PS1000/500 has metal case but use wood for the driver I can try to reduce resonant/vibration too.
I spread a very thin (very thin!) layer of black tac on the wall of the plastic driver shell so the entire wall is now spread with a layer of black tac evenly. The purpose is to act as insulating material to absorb resonant/vibration. Again, I can confidently said it does improve quite a bit and previously when I A/B with my HD650 which is very smooth sounding the mids in the MS2i seems a little coarse again the HD650 and the bass while good is not as focus as the HD650. All these feeling are gone after the mod. Now when I A/B the 2, I cannot tell which is better but 2 headphones with different signature and same performance league. It is now way ahead of the SRH840 which I previously might something prefer the SRH840. The MS2i is smooth, clean and did I say smooth?
Try it! I managed to do a good mod to a pair of HD449 base on my experience with MS2i mod. I feel my conquest of headphones is finally over with my current inventory each with a purpose.
See you guys :)post #2978 of 72665/3/13 at 7:51ampost #2979 of 72665/3/13 at 11:37ampost #2980 of 72665/3/13 at 12:16pmpost #2981 of 72665/3/13 at 1:09pmpost #2982 of 72665/3/13 at 1:13pmpost #2983 of 72665/3/13 at 5:43pmpost #2984 of 72665/3/13 at 6:55pm
Just shook free of some work projects and started to work on my 225s again...so why not start with an all aluminum build. Too bad I programmed it in wrong and wound up with the wrong inner dimensions. Not too far from what I expected on my first try.
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Portable Amp/DAC for Fiio X3ii 3 seconds ago
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 1 minute ago
- › PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for a desktop DAC/AMP or standalone AMP... 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...