holy mother of pearl inlay kopral, nice . I like the design of the cups in general and the moderate size. Any sound impressions? what drivers are inside? Any sound comparisons to stock SR/RS cups? If you can, maybe try and make a set with a wider mouth (where the driver mounts). I've had good results with that either because of the driver liking that extra 'meat' or perhaps because it seals the bowl pads somehow..............
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR 325i - Need Cable Repair (Again) Last post on 4/21/13 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Too Good For System? Last post on 10/28/12 at 4:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Grado sr125i to rs1i? Last post on 1/24/13 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
post your grado mods.... - Page 184
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2747 of 30211/25/13 at 3:04amQuote:Originally Posted by jaimerod
The litz round braid and flat braid should shield equally well. However, the flat braid is much easier and required less wire. If you are making a longer cord, do not use the round braid as the extra length may degrade sound--though very minimally. I like the round braid because the sleeving will feel nice and full but it looks great even without it.
My cord is about 6 feet braided and took about 30ft of wire. I used 24 gauge copper wire I believe. You can go with a slightly thinner wire with no problem.
I got the mono jacks at RadioShack.
Both braids work. I don't like the round braid just on looks. As far as extra length, it's minimal difference. You should always have enough for 1.5 cables :)Quote:Originally Posted by Pointy
Had to look up 24 gauge wire. I currently have .25mm2 wire laying here..it falls just short of 23 gauge.
a single strand is 30ft? Or all 4 wires combined?
What would you recommend for a 5-wire braid?
Gawd..I'm looking it up, but what a bunch of happy peppy girls on the tutorials for braiding..giddy! :D
I recommend buying silver plated copper teflon wire from ebay, it's cheap, works, and is a great conductor. It's used in consumer electronics usually and not audio cables as you'd think, but it's actually fantastic for DIY cables.
Use this to learn how to quad braid. I dunno about 5.. I wouldn't recommend it, it would be of higher capacitance, and it would weigh more as well as limit your sheathing options if any.
This is the flat braid. It's easy, mistakes are easy to correct with it, and it just feels nicer wrapped around my leg when I'm sitting down. For sleeving, just leave it bare. The teflon around the wire should be thick enough to work. I recommend 26 to 28 awg in that.post #2748 of 30211/25/13 at 3:10amDon't suppose anyone has some spare grado cups lying around, wood or plastic, PM me please. I have SR60 drivers from igrado, headband I can get, I wanted to make wood cups but have no reference...post #2749 of 30211/25/13 at 9:09ampost #2750 of 30211/25/13 at 1:41pmQuote:
Here is one I just reworked.post #2751 of 30211/25/13 at 3:02pmpost #2752 of 30211/28/13 at 9:56amI am wondering if anybody is looking for grado drivers for a DIY project. I want to build a pair of magnums and all I need to finish is the headband and gimbals.
Here is the idea: You buy a pair of SR60i, SR80i, or Alessandro MS1i. Take the drivers, cable and earpads, and send the headband to me. I can even send you my part for you to buy the headphones. After we are done, we can post our grado mods here!
Please, PM me if you are interested. I would prefer if you have been in the forum for a while, and have positive trader feedbak.Quote:
Just received the Konaaudio Ka-Roh-116 headband I bought off eBay............Not bad.
How is that headband working for you? Does it look solid?
Edited by orangecr - 1/29/13 at 9:14ampost #2753 of 30211/29/13 at 6:24am
it'm my grado sr80 mod's
mod's consist :
Recabling whit mogami
jack 3.5mm viablue
replace cup's in cherry wood
blutak in rear driver and resonance room
coupled cush hd414 and L-coush
Sorry for my bad english
Edited by Tix88 - 1/29/13 at 6:26ampost #2754 of 30211/29/13 at 12:41pmpost #2755 of 30211/29/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tix88
coupled cush hd414 and L-coush
I used to do this mod to the pads also; I think they are the most comfortable Grado pads, even more than the bagels (!). But I don't use them anymore as I realized they strips away too much bass; I used 3M Crystal Clear Scotch taped flat pads now.post #2756 of 30211/31/13 at 9:45amQuote:
I have a pair of SR80i cups sat in my spares drawer,you can have them if you still need some.Don't think i will ever want them again..post #2757 of 30211/31/13 at 9:55amQuote:Seems Ok, I just paired it with some African Mahogany cups and put them up on eBay.The Sony headband from the 7506 model is much better.
It can be found for $20 here
Edited by 7keys - 1/31/13 at 12:46pmpost #2758 of 30211/31/13 at 1:28pmThanks! That's really helpful. If I can't get a Grado headband I will be using the Sony. Do you have to mod the Sony headband somehow to fit the Grado cups? I will be using vibro cups, but they should be similar to the stock Grados, I guess.
Good luck with the auction, by the way.
Edited by orangecr - 1/31/13 at 1:30pmpost #2759 of 30211/31/13 at 9:25pm
- post your grado mods....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 10 seconds ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Questions about cables for computer Hi-Fi system 1 minute ago
- › Mods for SR-009 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 2 minutes ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe