Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

post your grado mods.... - Page 147

post #2191 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniNitza View Post

By the way, i changed the senny pads with l-cush ones. For my ears, there is an improvement, but i still cannot stop thinking about the cost of those damn things, at least here in Italy...mad.gif

 


I really agree, I love the bowls. I'm not sure what Todd's shipping to Italy is, but you could try the TTVJ flats. They are supposed to be identical to Joe Grado's pads. I personally don't like them as much as the bowls, but when I'm really tired and don't want the mild discomfort of the bowls, I switch to them.

post #2192 of 5170

 

"I had the most stupid idea right now.

What about put some leds inside the cups, right below the meshs, it would look cool on the dark of our rooms.

Anyone think it's technically possible?"

 

 

 

Glow in the dark tape!


Edited by GM325i - 4/27/12 at 11:10am
post #2193 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM325i View Post

 

"I had the most stupid idea right now.

What about put some leds inside the cups, right below the meshs, it would look cool on the dark of our rooms.

Anyone think it's technically possible?"

 

 

 

Glow in the dark tape!

 


That would be MUCH easier.

post #2194 of 5170

Repost from few pages ago; how'd you guys like these? I went with the dried black 'been to war and back' look.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pevsfreedom View Post

 

download (1).jpgdownload.jpg

 

 

post #2195 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pevsfreedom View Post

Repost from few pages ago; how'd you guys like these? I went with the dried black 'been to war and back' look.

 

 

I really like the look of these beerchug.gif How's the detachable cable working out for you?

post #2196 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pevsfreedom View Post

Repost from few pages ago; how'd you guys like these? I went with the dried black 'been to war and back' look.

 

 

 

 

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

post #2197 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

 

 

I really like the look of these beerchug.gif How's the detachable cable working out for you?

 

Works great. I made a new one out of nylon and terminated with a REAN 3.5 cable. 

 

No more tangles, very nice. 

post #2198 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

 

 


I really agree, I love the bowls. I'm not sure what Todd's shipping to Italy is, but you could try the TTVJ flats. They are supposed to be identical to Joe Grado's pads. I personally don't like them as much as the bowls, but when I'm really tired and don't want the mild discomfort of the bowls, I switch to them.

 

Strange thing is that i don't find any discomfort with bowls. Must be my ears tough...wink_face.gif

post #2199 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniNitza View Post

 

 

Strange thing is that i don't find any discomfort with bowls. Must be my ears tough...wink_face.gif

 


I really generally don't either, except when I'm REALLY tired (as in a few days without sleep) and I'm just generally impatient. :)

post #2200 of 5170

I just melted my grills while trying to hair dry the model number badge off. Damn. (SR 80i)

post #2201 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtgenlva View Post

I just melted my grills while trying to hair dry the model number badge off. Damn. (SR 80i)

 

Just replace them with some metal grills, it looks and sounds better, in my opinion. 

post #2202 of 5170

That's what I was thinking. Is it neccessary to use a Dremel or similar tool?

post #2203 of 5170

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtgenlva View Post

That's what I was thinking. Is it neccessary to use a Dremel or similar tool?

 

It's not necessary, just incredibly helpful. It helps to shave down the plastic on the inside that's super glued together

post #2204 of 5170

Here's my 225s..

 

225 Woodies_n.jpg

post #2205 of 5170

There are now two sellers on ebay with $30 wooden cups, this is getting very tempting...

 

They both look identical, which is odd:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-SR-60i-80i-125i-225i-325i-RS1-RS2-Headphone-Walnut-Wood-Cups/140746324970?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=004&category=14985&cmd=ViewItem

 

and

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-SR-60i-80i-125i-225i-325i-RS1-RS2-Headphone-Walnut-Wood-Cups/251052180701?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=112529&cmd=ViewItem

 

 

(No affiliation with either)

 

 

The maker seems to be a head-fier, anyone have anymore info?

 

I'm tempted to have a go at making a pair myself, because those don't look too difficult.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › post your grado mods....