Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The GS-1 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The GS-1 Thread - Page 31

post #451 of 540

I vote DACT!

post #452 of 540

For an amp with 3 gain settings its a no brainer.  On my Peak a DACT would be rough though ;)

post #453 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis View Post

I vote DACT!

Once you go DACT, you never go backt. tongue.gif

post #454 of 540

final power supply.  cant put it in the box cause they're all being powdercoated.

 

 

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #455 of 540

Looks like it's coming together!

 

 

A comment on an old question - as far as starting a new thread for the GS-X: I think we can keep all the conversations in once place but if that is the plan the thread title should be updated to also state GS-X.  A couple of months ago I was looking for a GS-X thread but couldn't find it; someone in another thread had to tell me it was the GS-1 thread I was looking for.

post #456 of 540

One side of me can appreciate that "those who know, know" where to look for the right info.  The other side says you're probably right and it's better for business for prospective buyers.

post #457 of 540

ahh, so it's like we're in a secret club.  I feel special now. :)
 

post #458 of 540

i don't have the ability to change the thread title (sacd lover started this thread)

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #459 of 540

Justin, can't you can make "sponsor announcements and deals" posts?  I guess it may attract a lot of attention however.

post #460 of 540
Quote:
I guess it may attract a lot of attention however.

and, this is a bad thing...???

post #461 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis View Post

Justin, can't you can make "sponsor announcements and deals" posts?  I guess it may attract a lot of attention however.

 

I may do that once the new amp is ready unless it sells out first.  Here is the current state of the new GS-X:

 

- Enclosure parts are being powdercoated.  It's been 4 weeks, so the may be ready now.  Will check on Monday.

- I have all the circuit boards & parts (amp, PSU, and amp modules) they just need to be assembled (easy)

- Just need to get the front panels machined.  I already have 2 machine shops working 8hrs a day on my parts, and am trying to get these in the queue.

 

This production run is for 25 amps, and there are a few left

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #462 of 540

Thanks for the update Justin.  Have you put one together to test the sound quality and are able to tell the difference between it and the old GS-X if there is one?


Edited by preproman - 10/6/12 at 12:27pm
post #463 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
Here is the current state of the new GS-X:

 

- Enclosure parts are being powdercoated.  It's been 4 weeks, so the may be ready now.  Will check on Monday.

- I have all the circuit boards & parts (amp, PSU, and amp modules) they just need to be assembled (easy)

- Just need to get the front panels machined.  I already have 2 machine shops working 8hrs a day on my parts, and am trying to get these in the queue.

 

This production run is for 25 amps, and there are a few left

Justin.  Hope you have extra modules for GS-1's... (fingers crossed)

post #464 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyl addict View Post

Justin.  Hope you have extra modules for GS-1's... (fingers crossed)

 

i will, i've been holding off on emailing GS-1/GS-X owners about the new modules, because I'm going to be asked for pictures and i dont have them yet

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #465 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyl addict View Post

Justin.  Hope you have extra modules for GS-1's... (fingers crossed)

 

i will, i've been holding off on emailing GS-1/GS-X owners about the new modules, because I'm going to be asked for pictures and i dont have them yet


That's awesome news!! 

 

Q:  How do I get on your e-mail list or get notified when the modules are actually ready for delivery/sale??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The GS-1 Thread