Thank you, prep. Most excited about this now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful dac/amps with quality sound for orthos. Last post on 9/30/11 at 12:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is LUXMAN - P-1u still in the top tier? Last post on 5/11/12 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class A Headphone amps. Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headamp/Preamp for ~$1000? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
This review is reposted from my blog: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/soundmagic-hp200-review.html Disclaimer: The HP200 was given to me by SoundMAGIC for this review. This...
Firstly let's get some things squared away: I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not...
The 90s have taken a while to grow on me. I found a deal for the L2s (champagne accents and cable) on AMZ Warehouse and pulled the trigger after becoming interested in JVC's dual-driver...
The DAC market is clearly exploding. Seems like every week or so we hear of a new model being launched. Many of them look quite nice, with good specs and plenty of features. Some...
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
- Headphone Impedance
The GS-1 Thread - Page 28
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
HAHA! I am gladded someone made him put in in.
Hi Darryl, sorry for the late response, been super busy lately.
It's good, but I usually prefer the 7.1 with the other 2 amps, because otherwise it becomes a bit dry and unforgiving for my tastes. With the previous tube DAC, I preferred using the Dynahi over all else.
It's all about synergy IMO. I personally like the Gilmore amps with a more liquid, musical DAC rather than cut-throat neutral ones.
Are the inputs still just a selection between a balanced or SE input?
Heck, I didn't use the loop out on my GS-1. What the heck does it do anyway?
It lets you do something like this. (Not in the picture: the AE-2, which also has loop output!) (Pic of my system from about 5 years ago - dang where did the time go?) At one point I had the AE-1 and AE-2 simultaneously, with the whole setup looped into each other for a total of 5 HeadAmp amps!)
Justin's loop output is pretty handy, I've gotta say. I even looped up the BHSE and GS-X together too, back when I owned them at the same time.
Edited by Asr - 8/29/12 at 11:52pm
I like the loop out. Currently my PWD feeds Gilmore Lite which feeds my receiver through loop out for PC Audio. The Gilmore Lite doesn't even need to be powered on or plugged in to do this.
- The GS-1 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 38 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 44 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 4 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon X7 vs ipod classic 160gb latest 4 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe