Thank you, prep. Most excited about this now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful dac/amps with quality sound for orthos. Last post on 9/30/11 at 12:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is LUXMAN - P-1u still in the top tier? Last post on 5/11/12 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class A Headphone amps. Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headamp/Preamp for ~$1000? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
- Headphone Impedance
The GS-1 Thread - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:
HAHA! I am gladded someone made him put in in.
Hi Darryl, sorry for the late response, been super busy lately.
It's good, but I usually prefer the 7.1 with the other 2 amps, because otherwise it becomes a bit dry and unforgiving for my tastes. With the previous tube DAC, I preferred using the Dynahi over all else.
It's all about synergy IMO. I personally like the Gilmore amps with a more liquid, musical DAC rather than cut-throat neutral ones.
Are the inputs still just a selection between a balanced or SE input?
Heck, I didn't use the loop out on my GS-1. What the heck does it do anyway?
It lets you do something like this. (Not in the picture: the AE-2, which also has loop output!) (Pic of my system from about 5 years ago - dang where did the time go?) At one point I had the AE-1 and AE-2 simultaneously, with the whole setup looped into each other for a total of 5 HeadAmp amps!)
Justin's loop output is pretty handy, I've gotta say. I even looped up the BHSE and GS-X together too, back when I owned them at the same time.
Edited by Asr - 8/29/12 at 11:52pm
I like the loop out. Currently my PWD feeds Gilmore Lite which feeds my receiver through loop out for PC Audio. The Gilmore Lite doesn't even need to be powered on or plugged in to do this.
- The GS-1 Thread
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 22 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 29 seconds ago
- › How is "tube sound" even audible in modern headphone amps? 40 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 53 seconds ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help in buying a new pair of headphones within $200 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)