Thank you, prep. Most excited about this now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful dac/amps with quality sound for orthos. Last post on 9/30/11 at 12:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is LUXMAN - P-1u still in the top tier? Last post on 5/11/12 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class A Headphone amps. Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headamp/Preamp for ~$1000? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Headphone Impedance
The GS-1 Thread - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:
HAHA! I am gladded someone made him put in in.
Hi Darryl, sorry for the late response, been super busy lately.
It's good, but I usually prefer the 7.1 with the other 2 amps, because otherwise it becomes a bit dry and unforgiving for my tastes. With the previous tube DAC, I preferred using the Dynahi over all else.
It's all about synergy IMO. I personally like the Gilmore amps with a more liquid, musical DAC rather than cut-throat neutral ones.
Are the inputs still just a selection between a balanced or SE input?
Heck, I didn't use the loop out on my GS-1. What the heck does it do anyway?
It lets you do something like this. (Not in the picture: the AE-2, which also has loop output!) (Pic of my system from about 5 years ago - dang where did the time go?) At one point I had the AE-1 and AE-2 simultaneously, with the whole setup looped into each other for a total of 5 HeadAmp amps!)
Justin's loop output is pretty handy, I've gotta say. I even looped up the BHSE and GS-X together too, back when I owned them at the same time.
Edited by Asr - 8/29/12 at 11:52pm
I like the loop out. Currently my PWD feeds Gilmore Lite which feeds my receiver through loop out for PC Audio. The Gilmore Lite doesn't even need to be powered on or plugged in to do this.
- The GS-1 Thread
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 28 seconds ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 29 seconds ago
- › Hello! Having an amp problem. 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 6 minutes ago
- › Mixamp + HD598 + Modmic for a PS4 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 replacement part 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)