Really looking forward to reading impressions on the new amp boards. I love how clean HeadAmp gear always looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful dac/amps with quality sound for orthos. Last post on 9/30/11 at 12:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is LUXMAN - P-1u still in the top tier? Last post on 5/11/12 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 7/15/15 at 1:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class A Headphone amps. Last post on 7/18/15 at 12:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headamp/Preamp for ~$1000? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
- Headphone Impedance
The GS-1 Thread - Page 22
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The Gilmore Lite doesnt use modules
Some stats on the new modules:
Max volts peak to peak into loads:
No load - 23Vpp
25 ohms - 20Vpp
10 ohms - 14Vpp
double this for balanced out. Note that these results are with the power supply voltage increased from +/-16.4V to +/-20V. Use of these modules in an older GS-1 or GS-X would have accordingly lower output voltages.
Distortion (1khz @ 1Vrms)
No load - 0.0011%
10 ohms - 0.004%
Freq response: -1dB @ 50KHz
I will re-measure the old modules to offer a comparison
Edited by justin w. - 7/31/12 at 10:18am
The prototype heatsinks for the new modules are in, now I can finally see how much I can turn up the juice.
I may call it the "Dynalo+". It's inbetween Kevin Gilmore's Dynalo and Dynahi in terms of power output and design.
changes to the design, final boards wont have that
there isn't one. but an existing GS-1 can be upgraded with the new modules.
- The GS-1 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Perfect-Seal CIEM Demo USA Tour (Now Starting!) 1 minute ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 2 minutes ago
- › [$100]After 6 years looking to upgrade my Sony XB500's to something... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › [~100$] What should I replace my Sony MDR-7506 for ? (lacking bass,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2