Really looking forward to reading impressions on the new amp boards. I love how clean HeadAmp gear always looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful dac/amps with quality sound for orthos. Last post on 9/30/11 at 12:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is LUXMAN - P-1u still in the top tier? Last post on 5/11/12 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class A Headphone amps. Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headamp/Preamp for ~$1000? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
- Headphone Impedance
The GS-1 Thread - Page 22
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The Gilmore Lite doesnt use modules
Some stats on the new modules:
Max volts peak to peak into loads:
No load - 23Vpp
25 ohms - 20Vpp
10 ohms - 14Vpp
double this for balanced out. Note that these results are with the power supply voltage increased from +/-16.4V to +/-20V. Use of these modules in an older GS-1 or GS-X would have accordingly lower output voltages.
Distortion (1khz @ 1Vrms)
No load - 0.0011%
10 ohms - 0.004%
Freq response: -1dB @ 50KHz
I will re-measure the old modules to offer a comparison
Edited by justin w. - 7/31/12 at 10:18am
The prototype heatsinks for the new modules are in, now I can finally see how much I can turn up the juice.
I may call it the "Dynalo+". It's inbetween Kevin Gilmore's Dynalo and Dynahi in terms of power output and design.
changes to the design, final boards wont have that
there isn't one. but an existing GS-1 can be upgraded with the new modules.
- The GS-1 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso 31 seconds ago
- › FS: ZMF Master V1 one month old 51 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 8 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 9 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 9 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 10 minutes ago
- › When is mp3 transparent? An ABX test of compressed audio versus... 10 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)