Really looking forward to reading impressions on the new amp boards. I love how clean HeadAmp gear always looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful dac/amps with quality sound for orthos. Last post on 9/30/11 at 12:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is LUXMAN - P-1u still in the top tier? Last post on 5/11/12 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class A Headphone amps. Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headamp/Preamp for ~$1000? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
- Headphone Impedance
The GS-1 Thread - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Gilmore Lite doesnt use modules
Some stats on the new modules:
Max volts peak to peak into loads:
No load - 23Vpp
25 ohms - 20Vpp
10 ohms - 14Vpp
double this for balanced out. Note that these results are with the power supply voltage increased from +/-16.4V to +/-20V. Use of these modules in an older GS-1 or GS-X would have accordingly lower output voltages.
Distortion (1khz @ 1Vrms)
No load - 0.0011%
10 ohms - 0.004%
Freq response: -1dB @ 50KHz
I will re-measure the old modules to offer a comparison
Edited by justin w. - 7/31/12 at 10:18am
The prototype heatsinks for the new modules are in, now I can finally see how much I can turn up the juice.
I may call it the "Dynalo+". It's inbetween Kevin Gilmore's Dynalo and Dynahi in terms of power output and design.
changes to the design, final boards wont have that
there isn't one. but an existing GS-1 can be upgraded with the new modules.
- The GS-1 Thread
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Stax 007 MK2 Mint Condition 2 minutes ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a $1000 portable rig 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Klipsch Image S4 - Are they a bang for the buck? 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob