Really looking forward to reading impressions on the new amp boards. I love how clean HeadAmp gear always looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful dac/amps with quality sound for orthos. Last post on 9/30/11 at 12:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is LUXMAN - P-1u still in the top tier? Last post on 5/11/12 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class A Headphone amps. Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headamp/Preamp for ~$1000? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Review: MDR1-A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
This is one my favourite headphones. They have fantastic build quality, are inexpensive, require little voltage to be driven properly, are small and discreet, and sounds better than some pricier...
Introduction Final Audio Design (FAD in this review), based in Tokyo, Japan, makes some of the most exotic earphones and headphones available in the last few years. The company's...
- Headphone Impedance
The GS-1 Thread - Page 22
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The Gilmore Lite doesnt use modules
Some stats on the new modules:
Max volts peak to peak into loads:
No load - 23Vpp
25 ohms - 20Vpp
10 ohms - 14Vpp
double this for balanced out. Note that these results are with the power supply voltage increased from +/-16.4V to +/-20V. Use of these modules in an older GS-1 or GS-X would have accordingly lower output voltages.
Distortion (1khz @ 1Vrms)
No load - 0.0011%
10 ohms - 0.004%
Freq response: -1dB @ 50KHz
I will re-measure the old modules to offer a comparison
Edited by justin w. - 7/31/12 at 10:18am
The prototype heatsinks for the new modules are in, now I can finally see how much I can turn up the juice.
I may call it the "Dynalo+". It's inbetween Kevin Gilmore's Dynalo and Dynahi in terms of power output and design.
changes to the design, final boards wont have that
there isn't one. but an existing GS-1 can be upgraded with the new modules.
- The GS-1 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 48 seconds ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 59 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice on finding a spacious well defined headset/pair of... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite Flagship Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2