Really looking forward to reading impressions on the new amp boards. I love how clean HeadAmp gear always looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful dac/amps with quality sound for orthos. Last post on 9/30/11 at 12:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is LUXMAN - P-1u still in the top tier? Last post on 5/11/12 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class A Headphone amps. Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headamp/Preamp for ~$1000? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
- Headphone Impedance
The GS-1 Thread - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Gilmore Lite doesnt use modules
Some stats on the new modules:
Max volts peak to peak into loads:
No load - 23Vpp
25 ohms - 20Vpp
10 ohms - 14Vpp
double this for balanced out. Note that these results are with the power supply voltage increased from +/-16.4V to +/-20V. Use of these modules in an older GS-1 or GS-X would have accordingly lower output voltages.
Distortion (1khz @ 1Vrms)
No load - 0.0011%
10 ohms - 0.004%
Freq response: -1dB @ 50KHz
I will re-measure the old modules to offer a comparison
Edited by justin w. - 7/31/12 at 10:18am
The prototype heatsinks for the new modules are in, now I can finally see how much I can turn up the juice.
I may call it the "Dynalo+". It's inbetween Kevin Gilmore's Dynalo and Dynahi in terms of power output and design.
changes to the design, final boards wont have that
there isn't one. but an existing GS-1 can be upgraded with the new modules.
- The GS-1 Thread
- › Headphone recommendations for rock/metal $200 budget 40 seconds ago
- › Upgrading Alessandro MS-1 1 minute ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › in search for some IEM or ear buds 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Amarra 3.0 4 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jasonb
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)