New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Emmeline II "The Raptor" - Page 10  

post #136 of 145

Availability???

Mr. Samuels,

What is the current status of your Raptor production? Are you still taking orders at the previously advertised price? I am interested in purchasing a Raptor, but I don't know the current status of your lead time or expected delivery. I am of course assuming that you have pre-sold several of these amplifiers and are in the process of producing amplifiers for those customers however, if I were to commit to purchase one today, what would be the expected delivery date?

Thanks, anxiously,
post #137 of 145
You might want to call or e-mail Ray off his site:

www.raysamuelsaudio.com

He might not be following this thread, it has been brought back from earlier this year. Ray has sold dozens of Raptors to date.
post #138 of 145
Thread Starter 

The Raptor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadams
Mr. Samuels,

What is the current status of your Raptor production? Are you still taking orders at the previously advertised price? I am interested in purchasing a Raptor, but I don't know the current status of your lead time or expected delivery. I am of course assuming that you have pre-sold several of these amplifiers and are in the process of producing amplifiers for those customers however, if I were to commit to purchase one today, what would be the expected delivery date?

Thanks, anxiously,
Please give me a call or send me an e-mail.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels
post #139 of 145
Just thought I would revive this thread since I have now tried the AKG K340. jp11801 lent me a pair after our brew making. I waited to sober up before giving them a try. They definitely played nice with the Raptor. I believe these were recabled by either Headphile or Highflyin9. My first impression is that the soundstage is rather nice. I haven't compared to my Senn's. I guess these are a closed can, although, they are not tight fitting. They seem more akin to the cd3000 in terms of fit. They had a nice soundstage. The instruments seemed to have a fair amount of air between them. There is a similarity in sound with the K1000, with a bit more bass (I have not done a real comparison as it is not my intention to review them). They also provide excellent detail without being harsh.

The Raptor seems to drive them effortlessly (which was really the point of my post, to address the Raptor's capability to drive these cans). The amp is dead quiet at any volume.
post #140 of 145
Ray has another upgrade to the Raptor. I just got mine back yesterday. He turned it around the same day he received it and include my Hornet in the return box.

I will be breaking it in again this weekend. It should have an even more lush sound.
post #141 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict
Ray has another upgrade to the Raptor. I just got mine back yesterday. He turned it around the same day he received it and include my Hornet in the return box.

I will be breaking it in again this weekend. It should have an even more lush sound.
Mine should be arriving at RSA Headquarters, tomorrow or Saturday. Hopefully, I will have mine back next week.
post #142 of 145

Raptor upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict
Ray has another upgrade to the Raptor. I just got mine back yesterday. He turned it around the same day he received it and include my Hornet in the return box.

I will be breaking it in again this weekend. It should have an even more lush sound.
what is the upgrade you refer to?
does anyone know whether the umbilical chord from power supplycan be ordered longer and/or whether it will degrade the sound.
post #143 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalida
what is the upgrade you refer to?
does anyone know whether the umbilical chord from power supplycan be ordered longer and/or whether it will degrade the sound.
Ray didn't go into the details of the parts change but it makes the Raptor even more lush sounding. Also, I understand it also will now drive most any headphone including the K1000.
post #144 of 145

K1Ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict
I understand it also will now drive most any headphone including the K1000.
thanks Audio Addict, that was going to be my next question, how does it drive K1Ks?
post #145 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalida
what is the upgrade you refer to?
does anyone know whether the umbilical chord from power supplycan be ordered longer and/or whether it will degrade the sound.
The upgrade is a replacement of two capacitors. it really makes an improvement, especially with my RS-1's. The base is more powerful and more defined.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked