Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1563post #23431 of 245448/28/14 at 2:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23432 of 245448/31/14 at 12:59pm
So I got the memory foam HM5's, their pleather isn't as soft as the regular ones, the foam disc is stiffer and the extra distance from the drivers is a no-go in my case. I've let them sleep under a huge pile of books, maybe that'll help.
BTW, why don't the neo-ortho designers learn from the vintage ones? The Hifiman manager told me that he never heard a yamie, this might be true after all.
1) Lame attemps at damping: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3
Angel Hair would be far more effective.
2) Hifiman finally discovering the Bellini headband that was introduced with the HP1 in 1975, it's about time....especially when you make such heavy phones. The good news is that Audeze will have to bite too because their 650g LCD-XC must be pure torture and would become far more manageable with a Bellini duh.
Edited by leeperry - 8/31/14 at 2:19pmpost #23433 of 245448/31/14 at 1:46pm
Interesting point. May not be necessary but you would think that if one was developing a \nü-ˈvō\ ortho thing you would get your hands on as many as you could to see what the various design parameters do to the end results.
Guess anything is possible
I wish they did that we might be sitting on a few more new portable ones these days. Not portable 50 lbs-move-it-with-a-crane but actual smaller on the go types.
Increasing distance with pads I find often makes the sound murkier.
Twaron would make a great selling feature/partnership because of what it adds as well as subtracts Something like what foam tip companies do with IEMs
Edited by nick n - 8/31/14 at 1:49pmpost #23434 of 245448/31/14 at 3:22pmpost #23435 of 245448/31/14 at 5:02pmpost #23436 of 245448/31/14 at 6:57pmpost #23437 of 245449/1/14 at 4:55am
The back is pleather so it's entirely acceptable bass-wise but this phone is way too heavy to my taste anyway, 432g without a Bellini headband is unmanageable.
BTW, anyone's got a YH1 to trade around here? I couldn't care less about the condition of the shell as I'd be transplanting the drivers. I've got a good bunch of rare vintage orthos I could trade for itpost #23438 of 245449/1/14 at 7:21pmpost #23439 of 245449/1/14 at 10:51pm
Great work, I think we need a new thread on a new forum where we can all sell and swap some of our best builds.post #23440 of 245449/4/14 at 12:28am
I tried but forgot to hit refresh because it was early in the morning and missed it by a minute...Oh well another one will show up.
Pics saved for posterity.
Looks to me like a Victor OEM along the likes of the Akai ASE40 types?
Edited by nick n - 9/5/14 at 12:08ampost #23441 of 245449/4/14 at 2:16ampost #23442 of 245449/4/14 at 5:39pm
for some other lucky person, but not mine unfortunately :(
I missed them by only a few minutes, the browser needed a manual refresh but I forgot to do that. Just wanted to post the pictures because real pictures are always better than grainy old catalog ones.
Hope it was someone in here ( Yahoo Japan )
Edited by nick n - 9/4/14 at 7:42pmpost #23443 of 245449/5/14 at 12:05ampost #23444 of 245449/5/14 at 12:09am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 27 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 31 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 51 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flang V5 Hifi Portable Loseless Music Player impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Best headphones in terms of sound quality for use with a fiio x or... 5 minutes ago
- › Apple EarPods Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...