Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1563
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23432 of 234548/28/14 at 2:11pmpost #23433 of 234548/31/14 at 12:59pm
So I got the memory foam HM5's, their pleather isn't as soft as the regular ones, the foam disc is stiffer and the extra distance from the drivers is a no-go in my case. I've let them sleep under a huge pile of books, maybe that'll help.
BTW, why don't the neo-ortho designers learn from the vintage ones? The Hifiman manager told me that he never heard a yamie, this might be true after all.
1) Lame attemps at damping: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3
Angel Hair would be far more effective.
2) Hifiman finally discovering the Bellini headband that was introduced with the HP1 in 1975, it's about time....especially when you make such heavy phones. The good news is that Audeze will have to bite too because their 650g LCD-XC must be pure torture and would become far more manageable with a Bellini duh.
Edited by leeperry - 8/31/14 at 2:19pmpost #23434 of 234548/31/14 at 1:46pm
Interesting point. May not be necessary but you would think that if one was developing a \nü-ˈvō\ ortho thing you would get your hands on as many as you could to see what the various design parameters do to the end results.
Guess anything is possible
I wish they did that we might be sitting on a few more new portable ones these days. Not portable 50 lbs-move-it-with-a-crane but actual smaller on the go types.
Increasing distance with pads I find often makes the sound murkier.
Twaron would make a great selling feature/partnership because of what it adds as well as subtracts Something like what foam tip companies do with IEMs
Edited by nick n - 8/31/14 at 1:49pmpost #23435 of 234548/31/14 at 3:22pmpost #23436 of 234548/31/14 at 5:02pmpost #23437 of 234548/31/14 at 6:57pmpost #23438 of 234549/1/14 at 4:55am
The back is pleather so it's entirely acceptable bass-wise but this phone is way too heavy to my taste anyway, 432g without a Bellini headband is unmanageable.
BTW, anyone's got a YH1 to trade around here? I couldn't care less about the condition of the shell as I'd be transplanting the drivers. I've got a good bunch of rare vintage orthos I could trade for itpost #23439 of 234549/1/14 at 7:21pmpost #23440 of 234549/1/14 at 10:51pm
Great work, I think we need a new thread on a new forum where we can all sell and swap some of our best builds.post #23441 of 234549/4/14 at 12:28am
I tried but forgot to hit refresh because it was early in the morning and missed it by a minute...Oh well another one will show up.
Pics saved for posterity.
Looks to me like a Victor OEM along the likes of the Akai ASE40 types?
Edited by nick n - 9/5/14 at 12:08ampost #23442 of 234549/4/14 at 2:16ampost #23443 of 234549/4/14 at 5:39pm
for some other lucky person, but not mine unfortunately :(
I missed them by only a few minutes, the browser needed a manual refresh but I forgot to do that. Just wanted to post the pictures because real pictures are always better than grainy old catalog ones.
Hope it was someone in here ( Yahoo Japan )
Edited by nick n - 9/4/14 at 7:42pmpost #23444 of 234549/5/14 at 12:05am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 51 seconds ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › "New" 5th Gen ....questions 3 minutes ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 3 minutes ago
- › Mosh Pit Monitor 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)