Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on Yesterday at 2:48 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1563
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23432 of 234748/28/14 at 2:11pmpost #23433 of 234748/31/14 at 12:59pm
So I got the memory foam HM5's, their pleather isn't as soft as the regular ones, the foam disc is stiffer and the extra distance from the drivers is a no-go in my case. I've let them sleep under a huge pile of books, maybe that'll help.
BTW, why don't the neo-ortho designers learn from the vintage ones? The Hifiman manager told me that he never heard a yamie, this might be true after all.
1) Lame attemps at damping: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3
Angel Hair would be far more effective.
2) Hifiman finally discovering the Bellini headband that was introduced with the HP1 in 1975, it's about time....especially when you make such heavy phones. The good news is that Audeze will have to bite too because their 650g LCD-XC must be pure torture and would become far more manageable with a Bellini duh.
Edited by leeperry - 8/31/14 at 2:19pmpost #23434 of 234748/31/14 at 1:46pm
Interesting point. May not be necessary but you would think that if one was developing a \nü-ˈvō\ ortho thing you would get your hands on as many as you could to see what the various design parameters do to the end results.
Guess anything is possible
I wish they did that we might be sitting on a few more new portable ones these days. Not portable 50 lbs-move-it-with-a-crane but actual smaller on the go types.
Increasing distance with pads I find often makes the sound murkier.
Twaron would make a great selling feature/partnership because of what it adds as well as subtracts Something like what foam tip companies do with IEMs
Edited by nick n - 8/31/14 at 1:49pmpost #23435 of 234748/31/14 at 3:22pmpost #23436 of 234748/31/14 at 5:02pmpost #23437 of 234748/31/14 at 6:57pmpost #23438 of 234749/1/14 at 4:55am
The back is pleather so it's entirely acceptable bass-wise but this phone is way too heavy to my taste anyway, 432g without a Bellini headband is unmanageable.
BTW, anyone's got a YH1 to trade around here? I couldn't care less about the condition of the shell as I'd be transplanting the drivers. I've got a good bunch of rare vintage orthos I could trade for itpost #23439 of 234749/1/14 at 7:21pmpost #23440 of 234749/1/14 at 10:51pm
Great work, I think we need a new thread on a new forum where we can all sell and swap some of our best builds.post #23441 of 234749/4/14 at 12:28am
I tried but forgot to hit refresh because it was early in the morning and missed it by a minute...Oh well another one will show up.
Pics saved for posterity.
Looks to me like a Victor OEM along the likes of the Akai ASE40 types?
Edited by nick n - 9/5/14 at 12:08ampost #23442 of 234749/4/14 at 2:16ampost #23443 of 234749/4/14 at 5:39pm
for some other lucky person, but not mine unfortunately :(
I missed them by only a few minutes, the browser needed a manual refresh but I forgot to do that. Just wanted to post the pictures because real pictures are always better than grainy old catalog ones.
Hope it was someone in here ( Yahoo Japan )
Edited by nick n - 9/4/14 at 7:42pmpost #23444 of 234749/5/14 at 12:05am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FS: Dita Answer (non Truth) 19 seconds ago
- › WTB: HD600 grill 47 seconds ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 58 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › A question about Sennheiser CX500.... 1 minute ago
- › [Q]Which Grado has largest cup size? 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iem for 30-40$? 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)