Just in case it's not clear what those are, they're SFI dirvers encased in plastic (not the usual aluminium)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 7/22/15 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1553post #23281 of 241166/19/14 at 5:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23282 of 241166/19/14 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by BucketInABucket
Don't get anything in the holes in the magnets or you'll have a very very fun time getting it out again. For the pads, just use something like double-sided tape, but don't bother until you're happy about your damping scheme as you'll just have to reapply the tape if you keep pulling the pads off to adjust. Also, make sure you don't cover the driver holes or the hole in the pads with tape.
By the way, what's your impressions about B&O U70? :)post #23283 of 241166/19/14 at 5:59am
I sent them to HK so I haven't got them yet (I arrive tomorrow). Also, they're padless so I basically have to either transplant them or make new pads.post #23284 of 241166/19/14 at 8:57ampost #23285 of 241166/19/14 at 9:58amQuote:
As I recall, the ASE-40 sounded excellent. Are there issues with yours?post #23286 of 241166/19/14 at 10:21am
I can't hear them for more than 15mins at stretch. They somehow sound strange.I think there are peaks & valleys in FR. Of all the orthos I heard I have liked them the least.Also vocals sound a bit nasal.
post #23287 of 241166/19/14 at 5:28pm
My bad I didn't see the pads in BMF's picture at first, mine are still rocking the originals in need of refoamed insides, or might use some square Creative headset pads instead, Creative makes some of the most comfortable pads ever if they can be found separate.
Edited by nick n - 6/19/14 at 6:10pmpost #23288 of 241166/19/14 at 6:27pmpost #23289 of 241166/22/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
As far as I know, designer has no relation to any of soviet orthos, but Izophones sound much better than HE-500 anyway — cleaner, faster sound without upper-mids spike and solid bass texture. Mids and highs almost as good, as in SR-407. They going to make aluminium body, so I suppose that final sound should be even better, because plastic cups of HE-500 is crap that making sound worse. I had achieved surprising results when sealed cups of HE-400 with butyl rubber.post #23290 of 241166/23/14 at 3:05ampost #23291 of 241166/23/14 at 4:07ampost #23292 of 241166/23/14 at 5:34ampost #23293 of 241166/23/14 at 5:36ampost #23294 of 241166/23/14 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by rolandmsv
Who wants to join T30 club?
Quote:post #23295 of 241166/23/14 at 5:47am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 29 seconds ago
- › Help me to select a good headphone.. 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › Change/upgrade CmoyBB JDSLab 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Meier Audio Corda JAZZ with ƒƒ-technology upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Vinyl vs Redbook in 2015 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 10 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3