Just in case it's not clear what those are, they're SFI dirvers encased in plastic (not the usual aluminium)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 4:52 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1553post #23281 of 246596/19/14 at 5:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23282 of 246596/19/14 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by BucketInABucket
Don't get anything in the holes in the magnets or you'll have a very very fun time getting it out again. For the pads, just use something like double-sided tape, but don't bother until you're happy about your damping scheme as you'll just have to reapply the tape if you keep pulling the pads off to adjust. Also, make sure you don't cover the driver holes or the hole in the pads with tape.
By the way, what's your impressions about B&O U70? :)post #23283 of 246596/19/14 at 5:59am
I sent them to HK so I haven't got them yet (I arrive tomorrow). Also, they're padless so I basically have to either transplant them or make new pads.post #23284 of 246596/19/14 at 8:57ampost #23285 of 246596/19/14 at 9:58amQuote:
As I recall, the ASE-40 sounded excellent. Are there issues with yours?post #23286 of 246596/19/14 at 10:21am
I can't hear them for more than 15mins at stretch. They somehow sound strange.I think there are peaks & valleys in FR. Of all the orthos I heard I have liked them the least.Also vocals sound a bit nasal.
post #23287 of 246596/19/14 at 5:28pm
My bad I didn't see the pads in BMF's picture at first, mine are still rocking the originals in need of refoamed insides, or might use some square Creative headset pads instead, Creative makes some of the most comfortable pads ever if they can be found separate.
Edited by nick n - 6/19/14 at 6:10pmpost #23288 of 246596/19/14 at 6:27pmpost #23289 of 246596/22/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
As far as I know, designer has no relation to any of soviet orthos, but Izophones sound much better than HE-500 anyway — cleaner, faster sound without upper-mids spike and solid bass texture. Mids and highs almost as good, as in SR-407. They going to make aluminium body, so I suppose that final sound should be even better, because plastic cups of HE-500 is crap that making sound worse. I had achieved surprising results when sealed cups of HE-400 with butyl rubber.post #23290 of 246596/23/14 at 3:05ampost #23291 of 246596/23/14 at 4:07ampost #23292 of 246596/23/14 at 5:34ampost #23293 of 246596/23/14 at 5:36ampost #23294 of 246596/23/14 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by rolandmsv
Who wants to join T30 club?
Quote:post #23295 of 246596/23/14 at 5:47am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 27 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 29 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 37 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › Doubt about maximum impedance for my audio interface 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...