Just in case it's not clear what those are, they're SFI dirvers encased in plastic (not the usual aluminium)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1553post #23281 of 245416/19/14 at 5:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23282 of 245416/19/14 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by BucketInABucket
Don't get anything in the holes in the magnets or you'll have a very very fun time getting it out again. For the pads, just use something like double-sided tape, but don't bother until you're happy about your damping scheme as you'll just have to reapply the tape if you keep pulling the pads off to adjust. Also, make sure you don't cover the driver holes or the hole in the pads with tape.
By the way, what's your impressions about B&O U70? :)post #23283 of 245416/19/14 at 5:59am
I sent them to HK so I haven't got them yet (I arrive tomorrow). Also, they're padless so I basically have to either transplant them or make new pads.post #23284 of 245416/19/14 at 8:57ampost #23285 of 245416/19/14 at 9:58amQuote:
As I recall, the ASE-40 sounded excellent. Are there issues with yours?post #23286 of 245416/19/14 at 10:21am
I can't hear them for more than 15mins at stretch. They somehow sound strange.I think there are peaks & valleys in FR. Of all the orthos I heard I have liked them the least.Also vocals sound a bit nasal.
post #23287 of 245416/19/14 at 5:28pm
My bad I didn't see the pads in BMF's picture at first, mine are still rocking the originals in need of refoamed insides, or might use some square Creative headset pads instead, Creative makes some of the most comfortable pads ever if they can be found separate.
Edited by nick n - 6/19/14 at 6:10pmpost #23288 of 245416/19/14 at 6:27pmpost #23289 of 245416/22/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
As far as I know, designer has no relation to any of soviet orthos, but Izophones sound much better than HE-500 anyway — cleaner, faster sound without upper-mids spike and solid bass texture. Mids and highs almost as good, as in SR-407. They going to make aluminium body, so I suppose that final sound should be even better, because plastic cups of HE-500 is crap that making sound worse. I had achieved surprising results when sealed cups of HE-400 with butyl rubber.post #23290 of 245416/23/14 at 3:05ampost #23291 of 245416/23/14 at 4:07ampost #23292 of 245416/23/14 at 5:34ampost #23293 of 245416/23/14 at 5:36ampost #23294 of 245416/23/14 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by rolandmsv
Who wants to join T30 club?
Quote:post #23295 of 245416/23/14 at 5:47am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Lets Talk Metal 13 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 21 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 43 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 45 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 49 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...