Just in case it's not clear what those are, they're SFI dirvers encased in plastic (not the usual aluminium)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1553post #23281 of 239946/19/14 at 5:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23282 of 239946/19/14 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by BucketInABucket
Don't get anything in the holes in the magnets or you'll have a very very fun time getting it out again. For the pads, just use something like double-sided tape, but don't bother until you're happy about your damping scheme as you'll just have to reapply the tape if you keep pulling the pads off to adjust. Also, make sure you don't cover the driver holes or the hole in the pads with tape.
By the way, what's your impressions about B&O U70? :)post #23283 of 239946/19/14 at 5:59am
I sent them to HK so I haven't got them yet (I arrive tomorrow). Also, they're padless so I basically have to either transplant them or make new pads.post #23284 of 239946/19/14 at 8:57ampost #23285 of 239946/19/14 at 9:58amQuote:
As I recall, the ASE-40 sounded excellent. Are there issues with yours?post #23286 of 239946/19/14 at 10:21am
I can't hear them for more than 15mins at stretch. They somehow sound strange.I think there are peaks & valleys in FR. Of all the orthos I heard I have liked them the least.Also vocals sound a bit nasal.
post #23287 of 239946/19/14 at 5:28pm
My bad I didn't see the pads in BMF's picture at first, mine are still rocking the originals in need of refoamed insides, or might use some square Creative headset pads instead, Creative makes some of the most comfortable pads ever if they can be found separate.
Edited by nick n - 6/19/14 at 6:10pmpost #23288 of 239946/19/14 at 6:27pmpost #23289 of 239946/22/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
As far as I know, designer has no relation to any of soviet orthos, but Izophones sound much better than HE-500 anyway — cleaner, faster sound without upper-mids spike and solid bass texture. Mids and highs almost as good, as in SR-407. They going to make aluminium body, so I suppose that final sound should be even better, because plastic cups of HE-500 is crap that making sound worse. I had achieved surprising results when sealed cups of HE-400 with butyl rubber.post #23290 of 239946/23/14 at 3:05ampost #23291 of 239946/23/14 at 4:07ampost #23292 of 239946/23/14 at 5:34ampost #23293 of 239946/23/14 at 5:36ampost #23294 of 239946/23/14 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by rolandmsv
Who wants to join T30 club?
Quote:post #23295 of 239946/23/14 at 5:47am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Cleanest treble in an IEM (non CIEM)? 1 minute ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions & Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 3 minutes ago
- › Desktop amp and DAC pairing that can drive both high impedance cans... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Rare Black Screen Balanced Sennheiser HD600 & Balanced AKG K701... 5 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2