Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 10:58 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1550post #23236 of 246586/15/14 at 5:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23237 of 246586/15/14 at 7:27pmpost #23238 of 246586/15/14 at 8:06pm
So guys, I made the purchase. It turns out that the headphones at the store I mentioned earlier were not YH-1's, but in fact YH-100's. I brought the price down to $175 and they're in great condition. The only con I've found is that the highs are slightly muffled. Will adding felt damping help with that?post #23239 of 246586/15/14 at 8:10pmpost #23240 of 246586/15/14 at 8:22pmpost #23241 of 246586/15/14 at 8:26pmpost #23242 of 246586/15/14 at 8:28pm
Oh the TubeMagic is fine, I have my PC's volume on 60% and the dial is on less than half. Would the mod mentioned here be a good idea?post #23243 of 246586/15/14 at 8:36pmEverybody's doing it. I would have but I sold my pair for 300 dollars about a year ago.
You should also try to find a way to beef up those pads. I still have dimples in my ears.post #23244 of 246586/15/14 at 8:39pm
How would I go about disassembling them to get inside the driver housing? I do think new pads will help, because when I move them slightly further off of my ears, it sounds much less muffled.
Edited by spbach - 6/15/14 at 10:10pmpost #23245 of 246586/15/14 at 11:03pmpost #23246 of 246586/16/14 at 12:07ampost #23247 of 246586/16/14 at 3:45ampost #23248 of 246586/16/14 at 5:40amThey actually sound very good for being 30+ years old, it's slightly muffled because of the drivers being too close to the ears (old pads) and I think that adding damping and new pads will improve the sound greatly. Before I take them apart I want to see how to disassemble them.post #23249 of 246586/16/14 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by leeperry
How easy were those to put on? Did they just slip over or do I need to use double-sided tape?post #23250 of 246586/16/14 at 8:34am
You'll need tape indeed, and to disassemble the baffles you'll need to reach the screws behind the earpads: http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/images/5/5a/YH-100-page2.jpgQuote:the upper mids are more recessed (..) the mids can sound a bit distant
Edited by leeperry - 6/16/14 at 8:35am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › What do you think of the AKM VERITA AK4490 DAC chip? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...