Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1550
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23237 of 241806/15/14 at 7:27pmpost #23238 of 241806/15/14 at 8:06pm
So guys, I made the purchase. It turns out that the headphones at the store I mentioned earlier were not YH-1's, but in fact YH-100's. I brought the price down to $175 and they're in great condition. The only con I've found is that the highs are slightly muffled. Will adding felt damping help with that?post #23239 of 241806/15/14 at 8:10pmpost #23240 of 241806/15/14 at 8:22pmpost #23241 of 241806/15/14 at 8:26pmpost #23242 of 241806/15/14 at 8:28pm
Oh the TubeMagic is fine, I have my PC's volume on 60% and the dial is on less than half. Would the mod mentioned here be a good idea?post #23243 of 241806/15/14 at 8:36pmEverybody's doing it. I would have but I sold my pair for 300 dollars about a year ago.
You should also try to find a way to beef up those pads. I still have dimples in my ears.post #23244 of 241806/15/14 at 8:39pm
How would I go about disassembling them to get inside the driver housing? I do think new pads will help, because when I move them slightly further off of my ears, it sounds much less muffled.
Edited by spbach - 6/15/14 at 10:10pmpost #23245 of 241806/15/14 at 11:03pmpost #23246 of 241806/16/14 at 12:07ampost #23247 of 241806/16/14 at 3:45ampost #23248 of 241806/16/14 at 5:40amThey actually sound very good for being 30+ years old, it's slightly muffled because of the drivers being too close to the ears (old pads) and I think that adding damping and new pads will improve the sound greatly. Before I take them apart I want to see how to disassemble them.post #23249 of 241806/16/14 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by leeperry
How easy were those to put on? Did they just slip over or do I need to use double-sided tape?post #23250 of 241806/16/14 at 8:34am
You'll need tape indeed, and to disassemble the baffles you'll need to reach the screws behind the earpads: http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/images/5/5a/YH-100-page2.jpgQuote:the upper mids are more recessed (..) the mids can sound a bit distant
Edited by leeperry - 6/16/14 at 8:35am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 44 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › APOGEE Groove USB DAC headphone amp 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to... 11 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 11 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 13 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 13 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 14 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2