Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 12:12 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Back in March, I received the Zens from Lee of Venture Electronics in exchange for my honest impressions. I was a bit hesitant because I have never enjoyed earbuds, and that bias had me a bit...
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1550
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23237 of 242566/15/14 at 7:27pmpost #23238 of 242566/15/14 at 8:06pm
So guys, I made the purchase. It turns out that the headphones at the store I mentioned earlier were not YH-1's, but in fact YH-100's. I brought the price down to $175 and they're in great condition. The only con I've found is that the highs are slightly muffled. Will adding felt damping help with that?post #23239 of 242566/15/14 at 8:10pmpost #23240 of 242566/15/14 at 8:22pmpost #23241 of 242566/15/14 at 8:26pmpost #23242 of 242566/15/14 at 8:28pm
Oh the TubeMagic is fine, I have my PC's volume on 60% and the dial is on less than half. Would the mod mentioned here be a good idea?post #23243 of 242566/15/14 at 8:36pmEverybody's doing it. I would have but I sold my pair for 300 dollars about a year ago.
You should also try to find a way to beef up those pads. I still have dimples in my ears.post #23244 of 242566/15/14 at 8:39pm
How would I go about disassembling them to get inside the driver housing? I do think new pads will help, because when I move them slightly further off of my ears, it sounds much less muffled.
Edited by spbach - 6/15/14 at 10:10pmpost #23245 of 242566/15/14 at 11:03pmpost #23246 of 242566/16/14 at 12:07ampost #23247 of 242566/16/14 at 3:45ampost #23248 of 242566/16/14 at 5:40amThey actually sound very good for being 30+ years old, it's slightly muffled because of the drivers being too close to the ears (old pads) and I think that adding damping and new pads will improve the sound greatly. Before I take them apart I want to see how to disassemble them.post #23249 of 242566/16/14 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by leeperry
How easy were those to put on? Did they just slip over or do I need to use double-sided tape?post #23250 of 242566/16/14 at 8:34am
You'll need tape indeed, and to disassemble the baffles you'll need to reach the screws behind the earpads: http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/images/5/5a/YH-100-page2.jpgQuote:the upper mids are more recessed (..) the mids can sound a bit distant
Edited by leeperry - 6/16/14 at 8:35am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New member roll call 7 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Reference 5 coming soon 30 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 30 seconds ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 33 seconds ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 36 seconds ago
- › what's more important, a good DAC or a Good Amp? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by waynes world
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2