Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1550
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23237 of 245356/15/14 at 7:27pmpost #23238 of 245356/15/14 at 8:06pm
So guys, I made the purchase. It turns out that the headphones at the store I mentioned earlier were not YH-1's, but in fact YH-100's. I brought the price down to $175 and they're in great condition. The only con I've found is that the highs are slightly muffled. Will adding felt damping help with that?post #23239 of 245356/15/14 at 8:10pmpost #23240 of 245356/15/14 at 8:22pmpost #23241 of 245356/15/14 at 8:26pmpost #23242 of 245356/15/14 at 8:28pm
Oh the TubeMagic is fine, I have my PC's volume on 60% and the dial is on less than half. Would the mod mentioned here be a good idea?post #23243 of 245356/15/14 at 8:36pmEverybody's doing it. I would have but I sold my pair for 300 dollars about a year ago.
You should also try to find a way to beef up those pads. I still have dimples in my ears.post #23244 of 245356/15/14 at 8:39pm
How would I go about disassembling them to get inside the driver housing? I do think new pads will help, because when I move them slightly further off of my ears, it sounds much less muffled.
Edited by spbach - 6/15/14 at 10:10pmpost #23245 of 245356/15/14 at 11:03pmpost #23246 of 245356/16/14 at 12:07ampost #23247 of 245356/16/14 at 3:45ampost #23248 of 245356/16/14 at 5:40amThey actually sound very good for being 30+ years old, it's slightly muffled because of the drivers being too close to the ears (old pads) and I think that adding damping and new pads will improve the sound greatly. Before I take them apart I want to see how to disassemble them.post #23249 of 245356/16/14 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by leeperry
How easy were those to put on? Did they just slip over or do I need to use double-sided tape?post #23250 of 245356/16/14 at 8:34am
You'll need tape indeed, and to disassemble the baffles you'll need to reach the screws behind the earpads: http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/images/5/5a/YH-100-page2.jpgQuote:the upper mids are more recessed (..) the mids can sound a bit distant
Edited by leeperry - 6/16/14 at 8:35am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Unique Wood Grain Photos 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 in excellent condition 3 minutes ago
- › Help me upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX3 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse