sorry wont do it again. I know what it is. Except it is better imho.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1549post #23221 of 234546/15/14 at 1:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23222 of 234546/15/14 at 2:18amQuote:
Headphones are not from Nakamichi. Yes stock drivers are 40mm. Will make some pics of cups later.post #23223 of 234546/15/14 at 7:22amThe HE400 supposedly comes with recessed mids.
Well, like you say, no amp with the yamaha and no fun. Or no old school yamaha amp with ortho out.
People really love the he400, and I don't know if some burn-in would help with any recessed mid. But I read the velour pads and a cable upgrade makes them sound nicer.
But out of the box I guess we're decided on the yh-1 and an amp. I have not heard the yh1 or hp1 but the consensus is positive. And this thread is not as likely to recommend he400 as I am.
In the long run I say it is wort it to get into ortho/planer headphones. $200 might not be enough to get the right impression from what these headphones can do, but once you've listened to a good one it's hard to go back to dynamic.post #23224 of 234546/15/14 at 7:36amQuote:
Do you have a brand or a link for those phones?
Are the baffles angled?post #23225 of 234546/15/14 at 7:59ampost #23226 of 234546/15/14 at 9:47amQuote:
Are you recommending a phone you haven't heard yourself?Quote:
I don't believe in solid bass coming out of the T50RP, as far as I know these are just fairy tales and the headfonia owner confirmed it several times in his reviews.
Edited by leeperry - 6/15/14 at 9:56ampost #23227 of 234546/15/14 at 10:33amI saQuote:I say it supposedly has recessed bass. That's what I read. I'm only recommending hifiman he400 because I assume he doesn't want to spend $500 on the he5le that I have. I assume he doesn't have a amp that could power 5le, but he400 are supposedly easier to drive. If the he400's have recessed mid then I don't know if that's a bad thing for everyone. My yh100 were not bright if I remember and that may just be a trait of sub $500 planer HPs.
I don't see any threads comparing the he400 with modded fostex. I won't be buying any modified fostex either. I would try he400 because they're price is pretty cheap right now. And though I almost spent about $200 on a yamaha yh100 a week ago, I wouldn't recommend them because parts are so hard to find.post #23228 of 234546/15/14 at 10:50amQuote:
You have to hear the drivers with wooden enclosure they can be tweaked to output basshead level bass.post #23229 of 234546/15/14 at 10:52ampost #23230 of 234546/15/14 at 12:33pmQuote:
Which mod did you hear? Did it output as much bass as the YH100 for instance? As percussive and tight?Quote:
No worries but ebay hunting is a favorite past-time for several of us in here and competition is already stiff enough as is
Did you A/B that Sansui and the ATH-2? They look identical: http://headfonics.com/2011/06/audio-technica-ath-2-retro-awesomeness/
Edited by leeperry - 6/15/14 at 12:42pmpost #23231 of 234546/15/14 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by leeperry
Did you A/B that Sansui and ATH-2? They look identical: http://headfonics.com/2011/06/audio-technica-ath-2-retro-awesomeness/
Yes they are identical and I havent had the chance yet but supposedly Sansui made a better job of the dampening as it is supected on wikiphonia as well. I am planning a visit to the person who infected me with the ortho virus, and he has an ath2 so it will be confirmed.
Just came back from a long dog walk. Clip+ Sansui SSL55. Its magical. Really. So good even from the clip+post #23232 of 234546/15/14 at 12:47pmQuote:
Its a variation of smeggy thunderpants, you can tweak it as you like. I haven't heard YH-100 so can't comment on that.post #23233 of 234546/15/14 at 1:36pmpost #23234 of 234546/15/14 at 4:40pmQuote:
Good point, I missed that but quite frankly their shell is way too small to allow those drivers to express themselves IMHO.Quote:
Oh OK, I still have a hard time imagining that the T50RP drivers could sound as focused and tight as the top yamies and as bassy as the YH100. The headfonia owner says that the most expensive T50RP mods he tried(with 3D printed cups blablabla) still lack bass impact, this sure sounds like a driver limitation to my ears as I definitely heard a "flabby" house-sound when listening to the T20v1/T20v2 and T50RP(stock and modded).
FWIW Currawong said that the TH500RP was bass-light: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684441/new-fostex-rp-open-backed-planar-magnetic-headphone-th500rp-scheduled-to-be-released-july-2014/135#post_10608060
Edited by leeperry - 6/15/14 at 4:43pmpost #23235 of 234546/15/14 at 4:44pmQuote:
I am not even pretending I know anything about what and why sounds good or not, but these are open. So size might not be that much of a factor here. and they DO sound pretty effin epicly good.
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chord Hugo 24 seconds ago
- › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio 26 seconds ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 45 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 49 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)