The one wikiphonia pictures also show dynamic on the band but ortho. Can it be taken apart without destroying the pads? I would check in that case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 8/15/16 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1536post #23026 of 246435/23/14 at 8:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23027 of 246435/23/14 at 8:26ampost #23028 of 246435/23/14 at 8:29am
sound good, loud enough from portable stuff. not exactly closed back so we will see on the ride home.post #23029 of 246435/23/14 at 9:53ampost #23030 of 246435/23/14 at 10:41amApparently it's stock sound is pretty good already although I've obviously never tried it before. Nice to see rare orthos being usedpost #23031 of 246435/23/14 at 11:41ampost #23032 of 246435/23/14 at 1:18pmpost #23033 of 246435/23/14 at 2:08pmQuote:
Hah, that vivanco is a joke. I've seen the same one and the original AT versions go for less than a third that price in the past. (damn headphone flipping)post #23034 of 246435/23/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
Plenty of flippers on ebay
How much did you get the SS-L55s for? I'm curious now!post #23035 of 246435/23/14 at 6:24pmQuote:
I have a box from a confirmed ortho that simply says Stereo Headphones and nothing else. Only thing that tipped me off was the input levels of 1 watt combined with the seller's inner ear picture of the driver mesh.
There has to be a few more unknowns or unseens out there. I know of two or three I'm on the lookout for that have yet to show up on anyones posts here.
I would mention them but since everyone under the sun can read this I'd prefer to keep it under wraps to avoid flippers and keep prices reasonable..
That and secure them for myself first
Edited by nick n - 5/23/14 at 8:36pmpost #23036 of 246435/24/14 at 1:05am
I ended with 3 vintage headphones which were dynamic , one from JVC , two vintage German. Now I check this thread if its confirmed ortho or not.post #23037 of 246435/24/14 at 8:04ampost #23038 of 246435/26/14 at 4:52am
Well is it Christmas? It seems so.
Postman borught me a few toys.
The TDS 16 is a replacment as my wife got my first one as her work headphone with a headstreamer.
The other 3: toshiba hr 910 ( offtopic here sorry ) is my first electret ( never heard one before ) and well. Will se at home from the stereo amp. So far not very impressed. nice mids and highs. no bass whatsoever.
and The hok 80-2 and PMB8.
The PMB has no earpads on it. Any idea on what would be a good fit? I would really appreciate some guidance on that.
The hok 80-2 is from the nos stock available on ebay. And well I find it bloody astonishing.
Really looking forward to hear the pmb with some actual pads on it... :Spost #23039 of 246435/26/14 at 5:05am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 39 seconds ago
- › Article: "Why USB Cables Can Make a Difference" 58 seconds ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › What exactly is a neutral sound signature? 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...