The one wikiphonia pictures also show dynamic on the band but ortho. Can it be taken apart without destroying the pads? I would check in that case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1536post #23026 of 246915/23/14 at 8:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23027 of 246915/23/14 at 8:26ampost #23028 of 246915/23/14 at 8:29am
sound good, loud enough from portable stuff. not exactly closed back so we will see on the ride home.post #23029 of 246915/23/14 at 9:53ampost #23030 of 246915/23/14 at 10:41amApparently it's stock sound is pretty good already although I've obviously never tried it before. Nice to see rare orthos being usedpost #23031 of 246915/23/14 at 11:41ampost #23032 of 246915/23/14 at 1:18pmpost #23033 of 246915/23/14 at 2:08pmQuote:
Hah, that vivanco is a joke. I've seen the same one and the original AT versions go for less than a third that price in the past. (damn headphone flipping)post #23034 of 246915/23/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
Plenty of flippers on ebay
How much did you get the SS-L55s for? I'm curious now!post #23035 of 246915/23/14 at 6:24pmQuote:
I have a box from a confirmed ortho that simply says Stereo Headphones and nothing else. Only thing that tipped me off was the input levels of 1 watt combined with the seller's inner ear picture of the driver mesh.
There has to be a few more unknowns or unseens out there. I know of two or three I'm on the lookout for that have yet to show up on anyones posts here.
I would mention them but since everyone under the sun can read this I'd prefer to keep it under wraps to avoid flippers and keep prices reasonable..
That and secure them for myself first
Edited by nick n - 5/23/14 at 8:36pmpost #23036 of 246915/24/14 at 1:05am
I ended with 3 vintage headphones which were dynamic , one from JVC , two vintage German. Now I check this thread if its confirmed ortho or not.post #23037 of 246915/24/14 at 8:04ampost #23038 of 246915/26/14 at 4:52am
Well is it Christmas? It seems so.
Postman borught me a few toys.
The TDS 16 is a replacment as my wife got my first one as her work headphone with a headstreamer.
The other 3: toshiba hr 910 ( offtopic here sorry ) is my first electret ( never heard one before ) and well. Will se at home from the stereo amp. So far not very impressed. nice mids and highs. no bass whatsoever.
and The hok 80-2 and PMB8.
The PMB has no earpads on it. Any idea on what would be a good fit? I would really appreciate some guidance on that.
The hok 80-2 is from the nos stock available on ebay. And well I find it bloody astonishing.
Really looking forward to hear the pmb with some actual pads on it... :Spost #23039 of 246915/26/14 at 5:05am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Earbuds Round-Up 33 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75... 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear