The one wikiphonia pictures also show dynamic on the band but ortho. Can it be taken apart without destroying the pads? I would check in that case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 9/30/16 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1536post #23026 of 246645/23/14 at 8:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23027 of 246645/23/14 at 8:26ampost #23028 of 246645/23/14 at 8:29am
sound good, loud enough from portable stuff. not exactly closed back so we will see on the ride home.post #23029 of 246645/23/14 at 9:53ampost #23030 of 246645/23/14 at 10:41amApparently it's stock sound is pretty good already although I've obviously never tried it before. Nice to see rare orthos being usedpost #23031 of 246645/23/14 at 11:41ampost #23032 of 246645/23/14 at 1:18pmpost #23033 of 246645/23/14 at 2:08pmQuote:
Hah, that vivanco is a joke. I've seen the same one and the original AT versions go for less than a third that price in the past. (damn headphone flipping)post #23034 of 246645/23/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
Plenty of flippers on ebay
How much did you get the SS-L55s for? I'm curious now!post #23035 of 246645/23/14 at 6:24pmQuote:
I have a box from a confirmed ortho that simply says Stereo Headphones and nothing else. Only thing that tipped me off was the input levels of 1 watt combined with the seller's inner ear picture of the driver mesh.
There has to be a few more unknowns or unseens out there. I know of two or three I'm on the lookout for that have yet to show up on anyones posts here.
I would mention them but since everyone under the sun can read this I'd prefer to keep it under wraps to avoid flippers and keep prices reasonable..
That and secure them for myself first
Edited by nick n - 5/23/14 at 8:36pmpost #23036 of 246645/24/14 at 1:05am
I ended with 3 vintage headphones which were dynamic , one from JVC , two vintage German. Now I check this thread if its confirmed ortho or not.post #23037 of 246645/24/14 at 8:04ampost #23038 of 246645/26/14 at 4:52am
Well is it Christmas? It seems so.
Postman borught me a few toys.
The TDS 16 is a replacment as my wife got my first one as her work headphone with a headstreamer.
The other 3: toshiba hr 910 ( offtopic here sorry ) is my first electret ( never heard one before ) and well. Will se at home from the stereo amp. So far not very impressed. nice mids and highs. no bass whatsoever.
and The hok 80-2 and PMB8.
The PMB has no earpads on it. Any idea on what would be a good fit? I would really appreciate some guidance on that.
The hok 80-2 is from the nos stock available on ebay. And well I find it bloody astonishing.
Really looking forward to hear the pmb with some actual pads on it... :Spost #23039 of 246645/26/14 at 5:05am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Are any of the Schiit DACs NOS? 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 8 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio 6 (added ASG-2 and Earsonics S-EM6) 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 10 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 12 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 15 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...