Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1535post #23011 of 246145/22/14 at 4:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23012 of 246145/22/14 at 7:51am
Continuation of my portable DiY ortho modding journey.
So, I finally came up with name for it. Argentum (latin for silver) because of its silver cups. Ironically, I bought some toxic cables copper cable to recable it with because I'm a cheapskate but am getting tired of the crappy old cable I used. The 3D-printed baffles I commissioned arrive today too so I got to work modding it. It's actually the second set of baffles I commissioned because the first set didn't fit onto the metal cups.
Glamour shot of the Argentum complete with the plastic baffles.Picture diary! (Click to show)
Couple glamour shots of the baffles. Quite well-made considering they only took 2 business days to arrive including the day I ordered them.
Piece of wool lining the cups and arctic bamboo covering the vent I made in the cups.
Recently did a partial MarkL mod on my D2K so I had the white foam fibre glass thing stuff left over. Guess what I did with it?
Donut of felt over the rear of the driver too.
Sealed the driver to the baffle with blu-tak.
Piece of arctic...(I forgot oops) over the driver.
Glamour shots of the headphones. Those scratches though...
Sub-bass, nice to hear you again; I missed you! Also, much better bass in general, they hit normally instead of like a wet fish on concrete. A sensible level of treble too but less soundstage size as a result of the fibreglass stuff filling a large part of the cup.post #23013 of 246145/22/14 at 8:03ampost #23014 of 246145/22/14 at 8:05ampost #23015 of 246145/22/14 at 8:17ampost #23016 of 246145/22/14 at 9:11ampost #23017 of 246145/22/14 at 9:15ampost #23018 of 246145/22/14 at 10:15amQuote:
Or:post #23019 of 246145/22/14 at 1:33pm
Lol that is brilliant
Mini-update on the Argentum. I had a spair pair of slightly flat HD25 ALU stock pads lying around and decided to try them since they were just about the right size to fit on the baffle. They increase bass impact slightly but reduce soundstage too. Hmm...
EDIT: Also increased treble quantity, which is a no-no for me. Basically, they make the Argentum more V-shaped. ESW9 pads win!
EDIT 2: Seems like the sound signature of the Argentum is heavily affected by its position on my ears. Further back means a more treble-heavy sound, further forward the opposite of course.
Edited by BucketInABucket - 5/22/14 at 1:48pmpost #23020 of 246145/23/14 at 1:44ampost #23021 of 246145/23/14 at 2:01ampost #23022 of 246145/23/14 at 7:50am
They look like ATH OEMs, but we have seen dynamic drivers in such cups before. Are these planar magnetic? It is possible that dynamic refers to the driver being dynamic ( classic voice coil driver )
..dBpost #23023 of 246145/23/14 at 7:58ampost #23024 of 246145/23/14 at 8:00am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 44 seconds ago
- › Whiplash Audio 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Top 20 Most Overrated Bands Of All Time 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...