Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on Yesterday at 4:21 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1535post #23011 of 236795/22/14 at 4:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23012 of 236795/22/14 at 7:51am
Continuation of my portable DiY ortho modding journey.
So, I finally came up with name for it. Argentum (latin for silver) because of its silver cups. Ironically, I bought some toxic cables copper cable to recable it with because I'm a cheapskate but am getting tired of the crappy old cable I used. The 3D-printed baffles I commissioned arrive today too so I got to work modding it. It's actually the second set of baffles I commissioned because the first set didn't fit onto the metal cups.
Glamour shot of the Argentum complete with the plastic baffles.Picture diary! (Click to show)
Couple glamour shots of the baffles. Quite well-made considering they only took 2 business days to arrive including the day I ordered them.
Piece of wool lining the cups and arctic bamboo covering the vent I made in the cups.
Recently did a partial MarkL mod on my D2K so I had the white foam fibre glass thing stuff left over. Guess what I did with it?
Donut of felt over the rear of the driver too.
Sealed the driver to the baffle with blu-tak.
Piece of arctic...(I forgot oops) over the driver.
Glamour shots of the headphones. Those scratches though...
Sub-bass, nice to hear you again; I missed you! Also, much better bass in general, they hit normally instead of like a wet fish on concrete. A sensible level of treble too but less soundstage size as a result of the fibreglass stuff filling a large part of the cup.post #23013 of 236795/22/14 at 8:03ampost #23014 of 236795/22/14 at 8:05ampost #23015 of 236795/22/14 at 8:17ampost #23016 of 236795/22/14 at 9:11ampost #23017 of 236795/22/14 at 9:15ampost #23018 of 236795/22/14 at 10:15amQuote:
Or:post #23019 of 236795/22/14 at 1:33pm
Lol that is brilliant
Mini-update on the Argentum. I had a spair pair of slightly flat HD25 ALU stock pads lying around and decided to try them since they were just about the right size to fit on the baffle. They increase bass impact slightly but reduce soundstage too. Hmm...
EDIT: Also increased treble quantity, which is a no-no for me. Basically, they make the Argentum more V-shaped. ESW9 pads win!
EDIT 2: Seems like the sound signature of the Argentum is heavily affected by its position on my ears. Further back means a more treble-heavy sound, further forward the opposite of course.
Edited by BucketInABucket - 5/22/14 at 1:48pmpost #23020 of 236795/23/14 at 1:44ampost #23021 of 236795/23/14 at 2:01ampost #23022 of 236795/23/14 at 7:50am
They look like ATH OEMs, but we have seen dynamic drivers in such cups before. Are these planar magnetic? It is possible that dynamic refers to the driver being dynamic ( classic voice coil driver )
..dBpost #23023 of 236795/23/14 at 7:58ampost #23024 of 236795/23/14 at 8:00am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Open vs closed headphones for particular genres? 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] Brainwavz HM5 Pads (Different Colours / Velour / Leather) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › Static in headphones when plugged in to computer 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears A12 & A10 - ADEL Equipped 12BA & 10BA Driver Custom -... 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)