Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 5/6/15 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1535post #23011 of 239585/22/14 at 4:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23012 of 239585/22/14 at 7:51am
Continuation of my portable DiY ortho modding journey.
So, I finally came up with name for it. Argentum (latin for silver) because of its silver cups. Ironically, I bought some toxic cables copper cable to recable it with because I'm a cheapskate but am getting tired of the crappy old cable I used. The 3D-printed baffles I commissioned arrive today too so I got to work modding it. It's actually the second set of baffles I commissioned because the first set didn't fit onto the metal cups.
Glamour shot of the Argentum complete with the plastic baffles.Picture diary! (Click to show)
Couple glamour shots of the baffles. Quite well-made considering they only took 2 business days to arrive including the day I ordered them.
Piece of wool lining the cups and arctic bamboo covering the vent I made in the cups.
Recently did a partial MarkL mod on my D2K so I had the white foam fibre glass thing stuff left over. Guess what I did with it?
Donut of felt over the rear of the driver too.
Sealed the driver to the baffle with blu-tak.
Piece of arctic...(I forgot oops) over the driver.
Glamour shots of the headphones. Those scratches though...
Sub-bass, nice to hear you again; I missed you! Also, much better bass in general, they hit normally instead of like a wet fish on concrete. A sensible level of treble too but less soundstage size as a result of the fibreglass stuff filling a large part of the cup.post #23013 of 239585/22/14 at 8:03ampost #23014 of 239585/22/14 at 8:05ampost #23015 of 239585/22/14 at 8:17ampost #23016 of 239585/22/14 at 9:11ampost #23017 of 239585/22/14 at 9:15ampost #23018 of 239585/22/14 at 10:15amQuote:
Or:post #23019 of 239585/22/14 at 1:33pm
Lol that is brilliant
Mini-update on the Argentum. I had a spair pair of slightly flat HD25 ALU stock pads lying around and decided to try them since they were just about the right size to fit on the baffle. They increase bass impact slightly but reduce soundstage too. Hmm...
EDIT: Also increased treble quantity, which is a no-no for me. Basically, they make the Argentum more V-shaped. ESW9 pads win!
EDIT 2: Seems like the sound signature of the Argentum is heavily affected by its position on my ears. Further back means a more treble-heavy sound, further forward the opposite of course.
Edited by BucketInABucket - 5/22/14 at 1:48pmpost #23020 of 239585/23/14 at 1:44ampost #23021 of 239585/23/14 at 2:01ampost #23022 of 239585/23/14 at 7:50am
They look like ATH OEMs, but we have seen dynamic drivers in such cups before. Are these planar magnetic? It is possible that dynamic refers to the driver being dynamic ( classic voice coil driver )
..dBpost #23023 of 239585/23/14 at 7:58ampost #23024 of 239585/23/14 at 8:00am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › amp/dac recomendations for el8c and hifiman 400i 23 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Amps and sensitive headphones issue. 45 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Fostex HP-A8 DAC/Amp and other Fostex gear 2 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2