Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1535post #23011 of 245355/22/14 at 4:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23012 of 245355/22/14 at 7:51am
Continuation of my portable DiY ortho modding journey.
So, I finally came up with name for it. Argentum (latin for silver) because of its silver cups. Ironically, I bought some toxic cables copper cable to recable it with because I'm a cheapskate but am getting tired of the crappy old cable I used. The 3D-printed baffles I commissioned arrive today too so I got to work modding it. It's actually the second set of baffles I commissioned because the first set didn't fit onto the metal cups.
Glamour shot of the Argentum complete with the plastic baffles.Picture diary! (Click to show)
Couple glamour shots of the baffles. Quite well-made considering they only took 2 business days to arrive including the day I ordered them.
Piece of wool lining the cups and arctic bamboo covering the vent I made in the cups.
Recently did a partial MarkL mod on my D2K so I had the white foam fibre glass thing stuff left over. Guess what I did with it?
Donut of felt over the rear of the driver too.
Sealed the driver to the baffle with blu-tak.
Piece of arctic...(I forgot oops) over the driver.
Glamour shots of the headphones. Those scratches though...
Sub-bass, nice to hear you again; I missed you! Also, much better bass in general, they hit normally instead of like a wet fish on concrete. A sensible level of treble too but less soundstage size as a result of the fibreglass stuff filling a large part of the cup.post #23013 of 245355/22/14 at 8:03ampost #23014 of 245355/22/14 at 8:05ampost #23015 of 245355/22/14 at 8:17ampost #23016 of 245355/22/14 at 9:11ampost #23017 of 245355/22/14 at 9:15ampost #23018 of 245355/22/14 at 10:15amQuote:
Or:post #23019 of 245355/22/14 at 1:33pm
Lol that is brilliant
Mini-update on the Argentum. I had a spair pair of slightly flat HD25 ALU stock pads lying around and decided to try them since they were just about the right size to fit on the baffle. They increase bass impact slightly but reduce soundstage too. Hmm...
EDIT: Also increased treble quantity, which is a no-no for me. Basically, they make the Argentum more V-shaped. ESW9 pads win!
EDIT 2: Seems like the sound signature of the Argentum is heavily affected by its position on my ears. Further back means a more treble-heavy sound, further forward the opposite of course.
Edited by BucketInABucket - 5/22/14 at 1:48pmpost #23020 of 245355/23/14 at 1:44ampost #23021 of 245355/23/14 at 2:01ampost #23022 of 245355/23/14 at 7:50am
They look like ATH OEMs, but we have seen dynamic drivers in such cups before. Are these planar magnetic? It is possible that dynamic refers to the driver being dynamic ( classic voice coil driver )
..dBpost #23023 of 245355/23/14 at 7:58ampost #23024 of 245355/23/14 at 8:00am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Questyle QP1 10 seconds ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 19 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 25 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 29 seconds ago
- › Is 116db vs 124db SNR really that bad? 39 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX40 | Believe the hype! 55 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse