Welcome, one of my phones are on the way to you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a Brainwavz representative to try out a free pair of S5 IEMs under the condition I would write a review for them. I received them in mid July and have sampled them...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1534
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22997 of 233765/20/14 at 7:34ampost #22998 of 233765/20/14 at 8:01ampost #22999 of 233765/20/14 at 8:04ampost #23000 of 233765/20/14 at 8:15am
The Hp1 I bought a few months back from England. Like NOS in box, the black box version ( better magnet and a 2db more sensitive )
I love it a LOT. it is stock the pads are still running strong no peeling. Hadn't I heard the astonishing marvelous mids of the sansui ss100 I would never look any further. That is my only gripe about them, the mids are a bit in the background. other than that I love everything about it. With the tube amp and the impact twin as dac it is very controlled very tight and very open for a stock ortho yamaha. It is so good I would never touch it.
( sidenote : I had the chance just yesterday to directly compare a well modded yh100 to it and to my ears on my system it was barely distinguishable between these two. The owner said he never heard a hp1 so good and open. I was ready to buy it but with the 250$ish price and barely any improvement I passed. )
The hp3 is a beater. had a rough life and well. it is nowhere near the hp1. it is a different level, or two... less transparent, darker, gloomier, less controlled. I dont think that as a good headphone to be honest at least not for music. I use them at times as movie headphones during night when the Mrs is already sleeping. For that driven from the headphone out of the sony ta f461 it is good enough. Due to the lightness and rough plasticiness I bought it to be a mobile heapdhone on the streets and on bicycle, but it is waaaay too powerhungry for that.post #23001 of 233765/20/14 at 9:58pmpost #23002 of 233765/20/14 at 11:07pmQuote:
The hok 2 is still on the way here. Just a heads up should anybody be interested. THAT auction site German version. NOS unopened boxed 80-2 available for 50 euro. does ship outside Germany if you contact him.
The hp-50a. Much much better then the hp-3. Less used, more loved, or simply better. Arrived to me with completely dead pads, I couldnt even tell if these were pleather or cloth by design. Ordered some v150 chinese pads, and recabled to stereo. The pads are bad. To stiff foam doesnt isolate very well as the contact is not perfect on the ears and guessing the rigidness adds distance from the driver and that must not help... so still looking for softer better pads. Any ideas?
The sound is nice. between the hp3 and hp1. Still recessed mids a bit but other than that all good. very tight very controlled sound, tho less "engulfing" its good but less joy then the hp1. Hp1 is more musical by a lot. Right now I use this on my bicycle rides.
The TDS smela is an interesting beast. I like them. The lows and highs are rolled off as everyone knows. but thats just words. Othar then that these are very very fast quite natural sounding and indeed very musical phones. The bottommost part of the lows are indeed missing. You can spot it if you want to. Or you can just listen to music and have fun. The factory vinyl pads on my were terrible. The sound was VERY good with them but they were deteriorating badly and not evenly unfortunately. This means that the right side had substantially less matter left in them compared to the left. Lead to a quite uneven fit and feel. Also the vinyl pads seal perfectly vhich is good for acoustics, but you start sweating in your ears roughly in 17 or 18 seconds. So these had to go. Ordered to sets of sj1 pads. one clotc one pleather. The cloth fits in nicely but takes away some of the bass. Still quite good but a step in the wrong direction. The pleather. Its NICE. it soft its shallow. and it doesnt fit. The tds16 has a ridge along the cups. 1-1.5mm height and the pads should fit in between. Dremel time it seems. But my original set is going to my wife as she really loves them. And she does not want pleather pads duu to comfort issues in summer and so on so she opted for the cloth.
She will be using it in the workplace: notebook -> hrt headstreamer -> Tds16
Hope it helps. Please note that I am not a native speaker and describing sound impressions can be very hard even in your native language. Also these are highly subjective thoughts and impressions on my owned gear so please as everything, take it as such.
Edited by fattyu - 5/21/14 at 1:43ampost #23003 of 233765/21/14 at 1:07am
I think TDS 16 is rolled at bottom end but highs seems to be ok. Yes quiet fast. The pads on my headphone are also worn out , I will check for the pads you mentioned. Actually I am thinking of putting them into another shells to see how they cope.
post #23004 of 233765/21/14 at 1:53ampost #23005 of 233765/21/14 at 2:59ampost #23006 of 233765/21/14 at 3:28ampost #23007 of 233765/21/14 at 3:34ampost #23008 of 233765/21/14 at 4:13ampost #23009 of 233765/21/14 at 4:50ampost #23010 of 233765/22/14 at 2:34am
Am I the only one here who utilises a normal amplifier to listen to 'phones?
Tap off the speaker sockets into my Wharfedales-they were provided, originally, with an adaptor, albeit a DIN one (it was the 1970s!)
Not knowing enough about amps and the effects of a non 8 ohm load, am I losing anything?
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Best headphones for Trance, dubstep, house, electronic, rap, hip... 1 minute ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendations in spending money! LOL Looking for high quality... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Magnum V4 Driver 5 minutes ago
- › NAD VISO HP50 - Red 5 minutes ago
- › Something to accompany my AKG K500 7 minutes ago
- › are the bowers and wilkins p7 worth their 400 dollar price tag? are... 8 minutes ago
- › SA5000 recable suggestion 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)