What would be a good price for T20V2 drivers? Currently spotted one on ebay and can get it for $58 shipped to the US, then some more to ship just the drivers (since the guy doesn't ship direct) to HK.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 7:51 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1505post #22561 of 246263/20/14 at 2:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22562 of 246263/20/14 at 4:51pmpost #22563 of 246263/20/14 at 4:58pmpost #22564 of 246263/20/14 at 8:52pmpost #22565 of 246263/21/14 at 5:33am
That's alright. Currently dreaming up mods and transplants that I can do. Right now, I'm thinking of transplanting Fostex T20V2 drivers into the Pickering OA-7.post #22566 of 246263/21/14 at 5:05pm
Only limit in here is your imagination, and how much of a fuss you wish to go to. There are plenty of cheap vintage things around for donor shells also, really depends on individual tastes and creativity.
That question about what is a great thing to use is completely individual and open ended. Be sure to have fun no matter what, be patient ( frustration is a key part of all this ), run on instinct, and check in here with pictures to add to the awesomeness of this thread no matter how small.
Edited by nick n - 3/21/14 at 5:19pmpost #22567 of 246263/21/14 at 6:06pmQuote:
What nick n said.
YHD-1 works and sounds real good in Fostex T10. You Do have to make a baffle, though, since the T10 is One With the baffle.post #22568 of 246263/21/14 at 7:01pm
There has been a few smaller drivers transplanted into Pickering shells here in the past, so search "Pickering" within this thread ( "Search This Thread" magnifying Glass icon at the top of this page ) and you can see what was done. SFI drivers are about 38-40mm by the way.
Edited by nick n - 3/21/14 at 7:04pmpost #22569 of 246263/21/14 at 9:14pmpost #22570 of 246263/21/14 at 9:18pm
I've done a couple tranplants like that. It starts off with a cool idea, you prep things, mount up a driver, then put the baffle/cup/whatever back on and oops... it doesn't fit. So grind grind grind with a dremel. Still doesn't fit. Grind grind grind some more. Still doesn't fit. Start looking at "non critical structural support" things that you can cut out, and grind some more. Then a little bit of crazy glue and/or bondo, presto chango, brand new headphone!post #22571 of 246263/21/14 at 9:20pmpost #22572 of 246263/21/14 at 10:10pmpost #22573 of 246263/21/14 at 10:31pmpost #22574 of 246263/21/14 at 10:40pmPrimary objective is the Pickering OA-7. Buying a backup shell in case it doesn't work (if it does, I'll stick drivers from an TDS-5 or 5M inside instead).post #22575 of 246263/22/14 at 1:08am
Armaegis do ya feel like speaking about the older Ultrasone offset driver project you did a while back. Getting curious about trying something similar.
Don't have to...
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Earbuds Round-Up 24 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › How do the Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse compare to Audionengine A2s? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Hd800 original balanced (xlr) cable 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Big Ego and Little Ego 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...