What would be a good price for T20V2 drivers? Currently spotted one on ebay and can get it for $58 shipped to the US, then some more to ship just the drivers (since the guy doesn't ship direct) to HK.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 12:15 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1505post #22561 of 241223/20/14 at 2:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22562 of 241223/20/14 at 4:51pmpost #22563 of 241223/20/14 at 4:58pmpost #22564 of 241223/20/14 at 8:52pmpost #22565 of 241223/21/14 at 5:33ampost #22566 of 241223/21/14 at 5:05pm
Only limit in here is your imagination, and how much of a fuss you wish to go to. There are plenty of cheap vintage things around for donor shells also, really depends on individual tastes and creativity.
That question about what is a great thing to use is completely individual and open ended. Be sure to have fun no matter what, be patient ( frustration is a key part of all this ), run on instinct, and check in here with pictures to add to the awesomeness of this thread no matter how small.
Edited by nick n - 3/21/14 at 5:19pmpost #22567 of 241223/21/14 at 6:06pmQuote:
What nick n said.
YHD-1 works and sounds real good in Fostex T10. You Do have to make a baffle, though, since the T10 is One With the baffle.post #22568 of 241223/21/14 at 7:01pm
There has been a few smaller drivers transplanted into Pickering shells here in the past, so search "Pickering" within this thread ( "Search This Thread" magnifying Glass icon at the top of this page ) and you can see what was done. SFI drivers are about 38-40mm by the way.
Edited by nick n - 3/21/14 at 7:04pmpost #22569 of 241223/21/14 at 9:14pmpost #22570 of 241223/21/14 at 9:18pm
I've done a couple tranplants like that. It starts off with a cool idea, you prep things, mount up a driver, then put the baffle/cup/whatever back on and oops... it doesn't fit. So grind grind grind with a dremel. Still doesn't fit. Grind grind grind some more. Still doesn't fit. Start looking at "non critical structural support" things that you can cut out, and grind some more. Then a little bit of crazy glue and/or bondo, presto chango, brand new headphone!post #22571 of 241223/21/14 at 9:20pmpost #22572 of 241223/21/14 at 10:10pmpost #22573 of 241223/21/14 at 10:31pmpost #22574 of 241223/21/14 at 10:40pmpost #22575 of 241223/22/14 at 1:08am
Armaegis do ya feel like speaking about the older Ultrasone offset driver project you did a while back. Getting curious about trying something similar.
Don't have to...
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Hugo 30 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 56 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX 2 minutes ago
- › [Price drop] Beyerdynamic T70P 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 8 minutes ago
- › are IEM tip sizes universal? 10 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 10 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3