What would be a good price for T20V2 drivers? Currently spotted one on ebay and can get it for $58 shipped to the US, then some more to ship just the drivers (since the guy doesn't ship direct) to HK.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 8/30/15 at 4:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1505post #22561 of 241913/20/14 at 2:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22562 of 241913/20/14 at 4:51pmpost #22563 of 241913/20/14 at 4:58pmpost #22564 of 241913/20/14 at 8:52pmpost #22565 of 241913/21/14 at 5:33ampost #22566 of 241913/21/14 at 5:05pm
Only limit in here is your imagination, and how much of a fuss you wish to go to. There are plenty of cheap vintage things around for donor shells also, really depends on individual tastes and creativity.
That question about what is a great thing to use is completely individual and open ended. Be sure to have fun no matter what, be patient ( frustration is a key part of all this ), run on instinct, and check in here with pictures to add to the awesomeness of this thread no matter how small.
Edited by nick n - 3/21/14 at 5:19pmpost #22567 of 241913/21/14 at 6:06pmQuote:
What nick n said.
YHD-1 works and sounds real good in Fostex T10. You Do have to make a baffle, though, since the T10 is One With the baffle.post #22568 of 241913/21/14 at 7:01pm
There has been a few smaller drivers transplanted into Pickering shells here in the past, so search "Pickering" within this thread ( "Search This Thread" magnifying Glass icon at the top of this page ) and you can see what was done. SFI drivers are about 38-40mm by the way.
Edited by nick n - 3/21/14 at 7:04pmpost #22569 of 241913/21/14 at 9:14pmpost #22570 of 241913/21/14 at 9:18pm
I've done a couple tranplants like that. It starts off with a cool idea, you prep things, mount up a driver, then put the baffle/cup/whatever back on and oops... it doesn't fit. So grind grind grind with a dremel. Still doesn't fit. Grind grind grind some more. Still doesn't fit. Start looking at "non critical structural support" things that you can cut out, and grind some more. Then a little bit of crazy glue and/or bondo, presto chango, brand new headphone!post #22571 of 241913/21/14 at 9:20pmpost #22572 of 241913/21/14 at 10:10pmpost #22573 of 241913/21/14 at 10:31pmpost #22574 of 241913/21/14 at 10:40pmpost #22575 of 241913/22/14 at 1:08am
Armaegis do ya feel like speaking about the older Ultrasone offset driver project you did a while back. Getting curious about trying something similar.
Don't have to...
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 16 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 34 seconds ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 40 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP30, anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 8 minutes ago
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2