What would be a good price for T20V2 drivers? Currently spotted one on ebay and can get it for $58 shipped to the US, then some more to ship just the drivers (since the guy doesn't ship direct) to HK.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp free of...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Denon AH C250 - it's like a pretty gold ring that doesn't fit every finger. Yes, it's good. Quite good. Yet the likability is highly dependant on what it's best at and what it...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1505post #22561 of 246583/20/14 at 2:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22562 of 246583/20/14 at 4:51pmpost #22563 of 246583/20/14 at 4:58pmpost #22564 of 246583/20/14 at 8:52pmpost #22565 of 246583/21/14 at 5:33am
That's alright. Currently dreaming up mods and transplants that I can do. Right now, I'm thinking of transplanting Fostex T20V2 drivers into the Pickering OA-7.post #22566 of 246583/21/14 at 5:05pm
Only limit in here is your imagination, and how much of a fuss you wish to go to. There are plenty of cheap vintage things around for donor shells also, really depends on individual tastes and creativity.
That question about what is a great thing to use is completely individual and open ended. Be sure to have fun no matter what, be patient ( frustration is a key part of all this ), run on instinct, and check in here with pictures to add to the awesomeness of this thread no matter how small.
Edited by nick n - 3/21/14 at 5:19pmpost #22567 of 246583/21/14 at 6:06pmQuote:
What nick n said.
YHD-1 works and sounds real good in Fostex T10. You Do have to make a baffle, though, since the T10 is One With the baffle.post #22568 of 246583/21/14 at 7:01pm
There has been a few smaller drivers transplanted into Pickering shells here in the past, so search "Pickering" within this thread ( "Search This Thread" magnifying Glass icon at the top of this page ) and you can see what was done. SFI drivers are about 38-40mm by the way.
Edited by nick n - 3/21/14 at 7:04pmpost #22569 of 246583/21/14 at 9:14pmpost #22570 of 246583/21/14 at 9:18pm
I've done a couple tranplants like that. It starts off with a cool idea, you prep things, mount up a driver, then put the baffle/cup/whatever back on and oops... it doesn't fit. So grind grind grind with a dremel. Still doesn't fit. Grind grind grind some more. Still doesn't fit. Start looking at "non critical structural support" things that you can cut out, and grind some more. Then a little bit of crazy glue and/or bondo, presto chango, brand new headphone!post #22571 of 246583/21/14 at 9:20pmpost #22572 of 246583/21/14 at 10:10pmpost #22573 of 246583/21/14 at 10:31pmpost #22574 of 246583/21/14 at 10:40pmPrimary objective is the Pickering OA-7. Buying a backup shell in case it doesn't work (if it does, I'll stick drivers from an TDS-5 or 5M inside instead).post #22575 of 246583/22/14 at 1:08am
Armaegis do ya feel like speaking about the older Ultrasone offset driver project you did a while back. Getting curious about trying something similar.
Don't have to...
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › HD-Bluetooth TESLA Headphones from AK-Beyerdynamic (24-bit aptX-HD)... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...