Wasn't the stock damping completely shot? The foam in there is the only thing holding the driver to the baffle, and I bet %99 it is shot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1497post #22441 of 245412/24/14 at 9:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22442 of 245412/24/14 at 9:46pmpost #22444 of 245412/25/14 at 5:05pmpost #22445 of 245412/26/14 at 4:26am
^ya, its only the foam back there which would mean that these are tuned much higher than most vintage orthos. They seems to be pretty close to being critically damped with just the foam, very fast and clean sounding. Its a bit rolled off at either ends but still very enjoyable in the stock form. I'd recommend rolling some pads to get a more optimal frequency response before trying to redamp these.post #22446 of 245412/28/14 at 2:14ampost #22448 of 245412/28/14 at 8:17ampost #22449 of 245412/28/14 at 5:55pm
Hello gurubhai, nice to see you here.
Things going excellent as usual?
The PMB do you find that you get a nagging feeling they need to be closer to your ears or sealed?
i did see a picture with actual pads put on there, forget where.
Very nice acquisition. very nicepost #22450 of 245413/1/14 at 12:02am
Yes its very strange feeling with PMB-100 no seal, there are no pads. Its like putting portable radios to your ears.
Sound- No bass & no treble extension, but need to get more accustomed to wearing them.post #22451 of 245413/1/14 at 12:07am
Maybe a deep actual pad might help. It's certainly odd they designed that without a massive driver to throw it out there nicely. Sure the airy idea is great but did they not test the things?
thanks very much for posting that have always been curious.post #22452 of 245413/1/14 at 4:34amQuote:
No earpads = no sealing = no bass IMHO.post #22453 of 245413/1/14 at 7:42am
The PMB drivers usually gives a decent bass output if they are put directly on the ear (that gives some seal too) - even if you just hold them to your ear without the headset. Any distance at all without pads though...post #22454 of 245413/1/14 at 2:26pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 10 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 50 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › How does the Warranty work in the US, legally speaking? Can a... 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 4 minutes ago
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...