Wasn't the stock damping completely shot? The foam in there is the only thing holding the driver to the baffle, and I bet %99 it is shot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1497post #22441 of 245352/24/14 at 9:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22442 of 245352/24/14 at 9:46pmpost #22444 of 245352/25/14 at 5:05pmpost #22445 of 245352/26/14 at 4:26am
^ya, its only the foam back there which would mean that these are tuned much higher than most vintage orthos. They seems to be pretty close to being critically damped with just the foam, very fast and clean sounding. Its a bit rolled off at either ends but still very enjoyable in the stock form. I'd recommend rolling some pads to get a more optimal frequency response before trying to redamp these.post #22446 of 245352/28/14 at 2:14ampost #22448 of 245352/28/14 at 8:17ampost #22449 of 245352/28/14 at 5:55pm
Hello gurubhai, nice to see you here.
Things going excellent as usual?
The PMB do you find that you get a nagging feeling they need to be closer to your ears or sealed?
i did see a picture with actual pads put on there, forget where.
Very nice acquisition. very nicepost #22450 of 245353/1/14 at 12:02am
Yes its very strange feeling with PMB-100 no seal, there are no pads. Its like putting portable radios to your ears.
Sound- No bass & no treble extension, but need to get more accustomed to wearing them.post #22451 of 245353/1/14 at 12:07am
Maybe a deep actual pad might help. It's certainly odd they designed that without a massive driver to throw it out there nicely. Sure the airy idea is great but did they not test the things?
thanks very much for posting that have always been curious.post #22452 of 245353/1/14 at 4:34amQuote:
No earpads = no sealing = no bass IMHO.post #22453 of 245353/1/14 at 7:42am
The PMB drivers usually gives a decent bass output if they are put directly on the ear (that gives some seal too) - even if you just hold them to your ear without the headset. Any distance at all without pads though...post #22454 of 245353/1/14 at 2:26pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 22 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 59 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › New!! Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson Amp 6 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion &... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse