Wasn't the stock damping completely shot? The foam in there is the only thing holding the driver to the baffle, and I bet %99 it is shot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1497post #22441 of 246142/24/14 at 9:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22442 of 246142/24/14 at 9:46pmpost #22443 of 246142/24/14 at 9:59pmQuote:
How the hell is it so fast if the damping wore out? Orthos usually dont get that kind of speed unless you damp them like crazy...post #22444 of 246142/25/14 at 5:05pmpost #22445 of 246142/26/14 at 4:26am
^ya, its only the foam back there which would mean that these are tuned much higher than most vintage orthos. They seems to be pretty close to being critically damped with just the foam, very fast and clean sounding. Its a bit rolled off at either ends but still very enjoyable in the stock form. I'd recommend rolling some pads to get a more optimal frequency response before trying to redamp these.post #22446 of 246142/28/14 at 2:14ampost #22447 of 246142/28/14 at 8:10ampost #22448 of 246142/28/14 at 8:17ampost #22449 of 246142/28/14 at 5:55pm
Hello gurubhai, nice to see you here.
Things going excellent as usual?
The PMB do you find that you get a nagging feeling they need to be closer to your ears or sealed?
i did see a picture with actual pads put on there, forget where.
Very nice acquisition. very nicepost #22450 of 246143/1/14 at 12:02am
Yes its very strange feeling with PMB-100 no seal, there are no pads. Its like putting portable radios to your ears.
Sound- No bass & no treble extension, but need to get more accustomed to wearing them.post #22451 of 246143/1/14 at 12:07am
Maybe a deep actual pad might help. It's certainly odd they designed that without a massive driver to throw it out there nicely. Sure the airy idea is great but did they not test the things?
thanks very much for posting that have always been curious.post #22452 of 246143/1/14 at 4:34amQuote:
No earpads = no sealing = no bass IMHO.post #22453 of 246143/1/14 at 7:42am
The PMB drivers usually gives a decent bass output if they are put directly on the ear (that gives some seal too) - even if you just hold them to your ear without the headset. Any distance at all without pads though...post #22454 of 246143/1/14 at 2:26pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Need help choosing high end headphones for games and music 15 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 20 seconds ago
- › Perfect Seal Custom in-ear monitors 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 5 minutes ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Audio Technica ATH-IM02 7 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...