Wasn't the stock damping completely shot? The foam in there is the only thing holding the driver to the baffle, and I bet %99 it is shot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 9/26/16 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1497post #22441 of 246582/24/14 at 9:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22442 of 246582/24/14 at 9:46pmpost #22443 of 246582/24/14 at 9:59pmQuote:
How the hell is it so fast if the damping wore out? Orthos usually dont get that kind of speed unless you damp them like crazy...post #22444 of 246582/25/14 at 5:05pmpost #22445 of 246582/26/14 at 4:26am
^ya, its only the foam back there which would mean that these are tuned much higher than most vintage orthos. They seems to be pretty close to being critically damped with just the foam, very fast and clean sounding. Its a bit rolled off at either ends but still very enjoyable in the stock form. I'd recommend rolling some pads to get a more optimal frequency response before trying to redamp these.post #22446 of 246582/28/14 at 2:14ampost #22447 of 246582/28/14 at 8:10ampost #22448 of 246582/28/14 at 8:17ampost #22449 of 246582/28/14 at 5:55pm
Hello gurubhai, nice to see you here.
Things going excellent as usual?
The PMB do you find that you get a nagging feeling they need to be closer to your ears or sealed?
i did see a picture with actual pads put on there, forget where.
Very nice acquisition. very nicepost #22450 of 246583/1/14 at 12:02am
Yes its very strange feeling with PMB-100 no seal, there are no pads. Its like putting portable radios to your ears.
Sound- No bass & no treble extension, but need to get more accustomed to wearing them.post #22451 of 246583/1/14 at 12:07am
Maybe a deep actual pad might help. It's certainly odd they designed that without a massive driver to throw it out there nicely. Sure the airy idea is great but did they not test the things?
thanks very much for posting that have always been curious.post #22452 of 246583/1/14 at 4:34amQuote:
No earpads = no sealing = no bass IMHO.post #22453 of 246583/1/14 at 7:42am
The PMB drivers usually gives a decent bass output if they are put directly on the ear (that gives some seal too) - even if you just hold them to your ear without the headset. Any distance at all without pads though...post #22454 of 246583/1/14 at 2:26pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Has anyone recabled the Sennheiser HD630VB? 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...