Wualta's dream is coming true with this shower of new orthos.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1473
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22082 of 2418510/13/13 at 1:11pm
This certainly is fascinating. Where's the under $100 pairs, heck even under $200. Betcha soon.
Small portable options ( =easily driven and convenient ) are a huge part ( the majority maybe ) of the market these days. Bring it on.
Edited by nick n - 10/13/13 at 1:17pmpost #22083 of 2418510/13/13 at 2:30pmpost #22084 of 2418510/13/13 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
OPPO. PM-1 Model what a stunning looking headphone.
Report by Jude. In case you all missed this.
Oh wow! now that looks cool :o. I really hope this is an affordable one :Dpost #22085 of 2418510/14/13 at 10:20amQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
That's what I'm hoping. With all the resources available to them they should be able to nail something down.
In reference to a cheaper VOLKSORTHO ( I agree with Vid's comment above ) still got my fingers crossed that Philips will come up with something cheap and snazzy in this area. They seem to be innovating pretty well lately and they have to notice all the increased fuss over this type of headphone.
Bring it to the masses.
If Fosex is well received on this one, just possible they will do a nice big round one later on.
Maybe we'll get lucky and some Russian entrepreneur will start releasing the updated TDS / Amfiton lineups with modern materials.
sorry people my post is overrun with "what if's" I try to avoid that lately, didn't work this post.
Resources are strong and their track record is long and excellent - but do they have the passion and dedication to make something truly great....?post #22086 of 2418510/14/13 at 10:15pm
Quote:Originally Posted by nick n
OH WOW EVEN MORE WOW!
A new contender is in the ring.
OPPO. PM-1 Model what a stunning looking headphone.
Report by Jude. In case you all missed this.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quote:Originally Posted by nick n
Well to Fostex, RP = Regulated Phase Technology. I don't know if that's limited to planars. Hopefully it's a new ortho toy :D
Hopefully it isn't a new ortho dream toy that can't be reached.Quote:
Yep about the parts.
Even the pads look like they're from the TH600/900.Quote:
I think they do. I'm more worried whether or not the market isn't overly saturated to even have something new and good brought to existance.post #22087 of 2418510/15/13 at 1:32pmpost #22088 of 2418510/15/13 at 2:05pmpost #22089 of 2418510/15/13 at 3:18pm
No way, it's smart combination modding, as you'll see that the EQ can be kept broad thanks only to groundwork done via physical mods. Whoever wants to impose limits on themselves can do it, I'm just after the best sound by the most appropriate means.
I've not measured an upper treble as clean as that, too.post #22090 of 2418510/15/13 at 3:26pmpost #22091 of 2418510/15/13 at 3:43pm
They sound neutral and reasonably detailed, though no sub-bass at all, and I think the HD 600 cup/pad works well for them. A fresh listen tomorrow should bring up any issues.
Don't get me wrong, having it all as physical mods would be more convenient, but the HOK (version 1) won't make that easy for you.
Edited by vid - 10/15/13 at 3:46pmpost #22092 of 2418510/15/13 at 4:06pm
I find more satisfaction in a purely physical mod, but I'm not adverse to EQ either.
I'm just waiting to get my hands on my U70. I'm expecting it to be a losing battle, but I won't give up without a good fight.post #22093 of 2418510/15/13 at 4:51pmpost #22094 of 2418510/16/13 at 1:39amQuote:
Like doing an entire headphone transplant
I'm hoping I can cure the biggest problem of the U70 without much difficulty.
My theory is that by either fixing or suitably replacing the completely degraded ear pads, I won't need to take such drastic measures to achieve something enjoyable.
One idea was to re-coat the ear pads with 'plasti dip' - which is a spray-on, removable rubber-based colour finish for cars.
Anyone tried something like this before?post #22095 of 2418510/16/13 at 2:14am
i painted some of the Plasti-dip onto the lower surface of some pads and maybe did 3 coats to try to seal up the fabric on the lower half. The final product was too stiff. So that was my experience with application onto fabric, which tends to soak up unevenly, at least uncomfortable end results if you paint it on (in my experience).
I betcha though if you could spray it fast like a thin coating it might work. Trouble is the stuff doesn't exactly come out in fine particles like spray-paint fine, more sputtery globules.
Armaegis has a fair bit of experience with the Plasti-dip spraycan( I think ) I only tried the spray the other day. He might know.
I would try to get some leather at a shop , they usually sell end bits so it will be cheaper, a proper leather needle and some waxed thread and make your own up. Square pads are hard to find, and especially with a proper inner diameter. Unless some of the Atari style square padded headphones are going cheaply to scalp parts from..
I did a tiny tutorial on pad making in here somewhere if that helps. Pretty easy. Just use foam only for filler no polyfill
Best of luck and excited to see how the U70 turn out, if you feel like posting your progress that is.
Edited by nick n - 10/16/13 at 2:20am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Supreme Sound (Burson) Audio Lycan Headamp 20 seconds ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Looking For Sound Advice 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 3 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 3 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2