Wualta's dream is coming true with this shower of new orthos.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 12/24/14 at 4:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1473
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22082 of 2369510/13/13 at 1:11pm
This certainly is fascinating. Where's the under $100 pairs, heck even under $200. Betcha soon.
Small portable options ( =easily driven and convenient ) are a huge part ( the majority maybe ) of the market these days. Bring it on.
Edited by nick n - 10/13/13 at 1:17pmpost #22083 of 2369510/13/13 at 2:30pmpost #22084 of 2369510/13/13 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
OPPO. PM-1 Model what a stunning looking headphone.
Report by Jude. In case you all missed this.
Oh wow! now that looks cool :o. I really hope this is an affordable one :Dpost #22085 of 2369510/14/13 at 10:20amQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
That's what I'm hoping. With all the resources available to them they should be able to nail something down.
In reference to a cheaper VOLKSORTHO ( I agree with Vid's comment above ) still got my fingers crossed that Philips will come up with something cheap and snazzy in this area. They seem to be innovating pretty well lately and they have to notice all the increased fuss over this type of headphone.
Bring it to the masses.
If Fosex is well received on this one, just possible they will do a nice big round one later on.
Maybe we'll get lucky and some Russian entrepreneur will start releasing the updated TDS / Amfiton lineups with modern materials.
sorry people my post is overrun with "what if's" I try to avoid that lately, didn't work this post.
Resources are strong and their track record is long and excellent - but do they have the passion and dedication to make something truly great....?post #22086 of 2369510/14/13 at 10:15pm
Quote:Originally Posted by nick n
OH WOW EVEN MORE WOW!
A new contender is in the ring.
OPPO. PM-1 Model what a stunning looking headphone.
Report by Jude. In case you all missed this.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quote:Originally Posted by nick n
Well to Fostex, RP = Regulated Phase Technology. I don't know if that's limited to planars. Hopefully it's a new ortho toy :D
Hopefully it isn't a new ortho dream toy that can't be reached.Quote:
Yep about the parts.
Even the pads look like they're from the TH600/900.Quote:
I think they do. I'm more worried whether or not the market isn't overly saturated to even have something new and good brought to existance.post #22087 of 2369510/15/13 at 1:32pmpost #22088 of 2369510/15/13 at 2:05pmpost #22089 of 2369510/15/13 at 3:18pm
No way, it's smart combination modding, as you'll see that the EQ can be kept broad thanks only to groundwork done via physical mods. Whoever wants to impose limits on themselves can do it, I'm just after the best sound by the most appropriate means.
I've not measured an upper treble as clean as that, too.post #22090 of 2369510/15/13 at 3:26pmpost #22091 of 2369510/15/13 at 3:43pm
They sound neutral and reasonably detailed, though no sub-bass at all, and I think the HD 600 cup/pad works well for them. A fresh listen tomorrow should bring up any issues.
Don't get me wrong, having it all as physical mods would be more convenient, but the HOK (version 1) won't make that easy for you.
Edited by vid - 10/15/13 at 3:46pmpost #22092 of 2369510/15/13 at 4:06pm
I find more satisfaction in a purely physical mod, but I'm not adverse to EQ either.
I'm just waiting to get my hands on my U70. I'm expecting it to be a losing battle, but I won't give up without a good fight.post #22093 of 2369510/15/13 at 4:51pmpost #22094 of 2369510/16/13 at 1:39amQuote:
Like doing an entire headphone transplant
I'm hoping I can cure the biggest problem of the U70 without much difficulty.
My theory is that by either fixing or suitably replacing the completely degraded ear pads, I won't need to take such drastic measures to achieve something enjoyable.
One idea was to re-coat the ear pads with 'plasti dip' - which is a spray-on, removable rubber-based colour finish for cars.
Anyone tried something like this before?post #22095 of 2369510/16/13 at 2:14am
i painted some of the Plasti-dip onto the lower surface of some pads and maybe did 3 coats to try to seal up the fabric on the lower half. The final product was too stiff. So that was my experience with application onto fabric, which tends to soak up unevenly, at least uncomfortable end results if you paint it on (in my experience).
I betcha though if you could spray it fast like a thin coating it might work. Trouble is the stuff doesn't exactly come out in fine particles like spray-paint fine, more sputtery globules.
Armaegis has a fair bit of experience with the Plasti-dip spraycan( I think ) I only tried the spray the other day. He might know.
I would try to get some leather at a shop , they usually sell end bits so it will be cheaper, a proper leather needle and some waxed thread and make your own up. Square pads are hard to find, and especially with a proper inner diameter. Unless some of the Atari style square padded headphones are going cheaply to scalp parts from..
I did a tiny tutorial on pad making in here somewhere if that helps. Pretty easy. Just use foam only for filler no polyfill
Best of luck and excited to see how the U70 turn out, if you feel like posting your progress that is.
Edited by nick n - 10/16/13 at 2:20am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 16 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 24 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 27 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (and 15 others,... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › In the market for new over ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)