if we look at the earpads, looks more comfy than T50's and oem (incl. my previous NAD)..
congrats, and dont forget to share some impression..
Different strokes. I look at those pads and think Mad Dog pads are in the immediate future
Mylar is polyester. http://www2.dupont.com/Products/en_RU/Mylar_en.html
If you use circum pads the sound will change dramatically, it will tilt upwards. Unless you manipulate the hole of the earpad (make it smaller, make it less reflective)
When unsure, experiment. I'd think cork will reflect more sound than it absorbs, but you never know.
Cork is useful as a physical vibration isolation solution. So if you wish to isolate a portion of the frame it may serve a good purpose there.
I've successfully used cork sheet to increase the depth of my cups. As in, use it to sit between the baffle and whatever was originally supposed to support the baffle. Less stress to the baffle when tightening the screws and it works pretty decent at keeping things tight.
Sorry my English vocab is blasted at the moment I can't make myself more clear at the moment with more proper terminology.
For those wanting to repair a snapped frame here is a solution that worked well for me and ended up with a v.clean fix with a joint stronger than the original.
-I used a metal brace to support the joint and provide strength (in this case a small metal L-bracket).
-Filed it down to shape to fit the area (can use a file or sandpaper, quite laborious, should have use my dremel)
-Painted it with matte black acrylic hobby paint to match the frame
-glued the bracked with Araldite Standard to one part of the frame, held in place with masking tape. left to dry.
-once dried and tape removed i glued the other part on and held in place with masking tape and also some small clamps (i used the clamps from my soldering helping hands).
-use a small knifetool to trim away any excess dried epoxy glue and neaten with a little fine 2000grit sandpaper if needed. and a very nice fix!
See photos below for the steps:
Also worked well to add a tiny dab to the cracks in the headband using a toothpick, and held in place with a paper clip. The araldite standard formed a strong connection with flexibility.