Not that I've been able to tell...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1415post #21211 of 245442/28/13 at 12:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21212 of 245442/28/13 at 3:45pmpost #21213 of 245442/28/13 at 4:17pmQuote:
I know that some people in here have achieved seriously good results with modding the new T20 ,almost , if not completely indistinguishable from the modded T50 results .
They can check in here I'm not going to put them on the spot, or you can ask in the T50 Incremental Mods thread about that
Edited by nick n - 2/28/13 at 6:42pmpost #21214 of 245442/28/13 at 4:53pm
First picture. HP-50 + HOK pads on top of the stock pads, i.e. with two pairs of pads for increased distance to the ear. Measures well even then (3 kHz ridge is mainly a measurement artifact).
Second picture. Same as the first, but this time a wool disc was placed inside the cup, between the driver and baffle where the white stock disc would go, rather than on the outside of the baffle as in the first.
With the wool disc inside (again, between the driver and baffle, not behind the driver) rather than outside, the sound is faster to my ear, and also measures slightly faster in the mids. Why this is so, I don't know. Could be the extra treble as well, but probably not entirely. To restate, when I had the disc inside on one channel and outside on the other, the inside one sounded faster.
Also, with the wool inside rather than outside, the soundstage seems wider. Could just be random shiftings of the brain, but might not.
Edited by vid - 2/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #21215 of 245442/28/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
Because the T50 is the most expensive, and thus the "best".post #21216 of 245442/28/13 at 5:47pm
Yeah, more money the better:) I fall firmly into the skeptic category, particularly with audio these days. There are some spectacular products out there that never get their due just because they are not stratospherically priced and hence are ignored by "audiophiles"
Think I'll follow up on Nick N's post up there and perhaps take a crack at a pair of T 20's (unless dirt cheap YH's or something get to me first)post #21217 of 245442/28/13 at 6:43pmpost #21218 of 245442/28/13 at 7:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
ask in here for sure, I betcha you'll get some reassurance.
I may just. Although apparently I just bought a setof YH3's for 22 buck's. Might have to deal with those first;)post #21219 of 245442/28/13 at 7:23pmpost #21220 of 245442/28/13 at 7:54pmpost #21221 of 245443/1/13 at 6:47amQuote:Originally Posted by vid
The idea being to compare at which point (50, 40, or 30 Hz) the response seems to start drooping in volume compared to the volume at 1 kHz.
I finally got a change to test the ECR-500. I also used the tones on this site http://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_sinebursts20-200.php because I wanted to test 20Hz as well. Those tones seem more accurate than others I found. They seem to match the tones you posted were others were much louder. The dip starts around 50Hz. 30Hz is still audible and the level goes up at 20Hz to approximately the same level as 40Hz.post #21222 of 245443/1/13 at 7:25ampost #21223 of 245443/1/13 at 3:50pmpost #21224 of 245443/1/13 at 7:14pmIn reply to my statement on the Fostex and the Hifiman, holy crap give a look at the Yamaha hp2 holy cow these things sound good. I didn't think something this old could sound so damn good..... Wow I'm blown away, honestly. I just got them in today, while they lack the subwooferish bass of the Hifiman everything else about the hp2 is simply amazing except they do need quite a bit more power to drive.
Just another reason why I won't touch anything but yamaha speakers when it comes to speakers.
Correction the Yamaha HP2 can pump out subwooferish bass, I just ran lil Wayne King Kong through them..... Damn I'm really impressed.
Edited by droido256 - 3/1/13 at 7:52pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 14 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...