Not that I've been able to tell...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 8/15/16 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1415post #21211 of 246532/28/13 at 12:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21212 of 246532/28/13 at 3:45pmpost #21213 of 246532/28/13 at 4:17pmQuote:
I know that some people in here have achieved seriously good results with modding the new T20 ,almost , if not completely indistinguishable from the modded T50 results .
They can check in here I'm not going to put them on the spot, or you can ask in the T50 Incremental Mods thread about that
Edited by nick n - 2/28/13 at 6:42pmpost #21214 of 246532/28/13 at 4:53pm
First picture. HP-50 + HOK pads on top of the stock pads, i.e. with two pairs of pads for increased distance to the ear. Measures well even then (3 kHz ridge is mainly a measurement artifact).
Second picture. Same as the first, but this time a wool disc was placed inside the cup, between the driver and baffle where the white stock disc would go, rather than on the outside of the baffle as in the first.
With the wool disc inside (again, between the driver and baffle, not behind the driver) rather than outside, the sound is faster to my ear, and also measures slightly faster in the mids. Why this is so, I don't know. Could be the extra treble as well, but probably not entirely. To restate, when I had the disc inside on one channel and outside on the other, the inside one sounded faster.
Also, with the wool inside rather than outside, the soundstage seems wider. Could just be random shiftings of the brain, but might not.
Edited by vid - 2/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #21215 of 246532/28/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
Because the T50 is the most expensive, and thus the "best".post #21216 of 246532/28/13 at 5:47pm
Yeah, more money the better:) I fall firmly into the skeptic category, particularly with audio these days. There are some spectacular products out there that never get their due just because they are not stratospherically priced and hence are ignored by "audiophiles"
Think I'll follow up on Nick N's post up there and perhaps take a crack at a pair of T 20's (unless dirt cheap YH's or something get to me first)post #21217 of 246532/28/13 at 6:43pmpost #21218 of 246532/28/13 at 7:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
ask in here for sure, I betcha you'll get some reassurance.
I may just. Although apparently I just bought a setof YH3's for 22 buck's. Might have to deal with those first;)post #21219 of 246532/28/13 at 7:23pmpost #21220 of 246532/28/13 at 7:54pmpost #21221 of 246533/1/13 at 6:47amQuote:Originally Posted by vid
The idea being to compare at which point (50, 40, or 30 Hz) the response seems to start drooping in volume compared to the volume at 1 kHz.
I finally got a change to test the ECR-500. I also used the tones on this site http://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_sinebursts20-200.php because I wanted to test 20Hz as well. Those tones seem more accurate than others I found. They seem to match the tones you posted were others were much louder. The dip starts around 50Hz. 30Hz is still audible and the level goes up at 20Hz to approximately the same level as 40Hz.post #21222 of 246533/1/13 at 7:25ampost #21223 of 246533/1/13 at 3:50pmpost #21224 of 246533/1/13 at 7:14pmIn reply to my statement on the Fostex and the Hifiman, holy crap give a look at the Yamaha hp2 holy cow these things sound good. I didn't think something this old could sound so damn good..... Wow I'm blown away, honestly. I just got them in today, while they lack the subwooferish bass of the Hifiman everything else about the hp2 is simply amazing except they do need quite a bit more power to drive.
Just another reason why I won't touch anything but yamaha speakers when it comes to speakers.
Correction the Yamaha HP2 can pump out subwooferish bass, I just ran lil Wayne King Kong through them..... Damn I'm really impressed.
Edited by droido256 - 3/1/13 at 7:52pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 27 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 37 seconds ago
- › LISST "Tubes" Pair 45 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 56 seconds ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Is Audio Technica's ATH-IM70 a professional IEM? 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...