Not that I've been able to tell...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 4:32 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1415post #21211 of 241692/28/13 at 12:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21212 of 241692/28/13 at 3:45pmpost #21213 of 241692/28/13 at 4:17pmQuote:
I know that some people in here have achieved seriously good results with modding the new T20 ,almost , if not completely indistinguishable from the modded T50 results .
They can check in here I'm not going to put them on the spot, or you can ask in the T50 Incremental Mods thread about that
Edited by nick n - 2/28/13 at 6:42pmpost #21214 of 241692/28/13 at 4:53pm
First picture. HP-50 + HOK pads on top of the stock pads, i.e. with two pairs of pads for increased distance to the ear. Measures well even then (3 kHz ridge is mainly a measurement artifact).
Second picture. Same as the first, but this time a wool disc was placed inside the cup, between the driver and baffle where the white stock disc would go, rather than on the outside of the baffle as in the first.
With the wool disc inside (again, between the driver and baffle, not behind the driver) rather than outside, the sound is faster to my ear, and also measures slightly faster in the mids. Why this is so, I don't know. Could be the extra treble as well, but probably not entirely. To restate, when I had the disc inside on one channel and outside on the other, the inside one sounded faster.
Also, with the wool inside rather than outside, the soundstage seems wider. Could just be random shiftings of the brain, but might not.
Edited by vid - 2/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #21215 of 241692/28/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
Because the T50 is the most expensive, and thus the "best".post #21216 of 241692/28/13 at 5:47pm
Yeah, more money the better:) I fall firmly into the skeptic category, particularly with audio these days. There are some spectacular products out there that never get their due just because they are not stratospherically priced and hence are ignored by "audiophiles"
Think I'll follow up on Nick N's post up there and perhaps take a crack at a pair of T 20's (unless dirt cheap YH's or something get to me first)post #21217 of 241692/28/13 at 6:43pmpost #21218 of 241692/28/13 at 7:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
ask in here for sure, I betcha you'll get some reassurance.
I may just. Although apparently I just bought a setof YH3's for 22 buck's. Might have to deal with those first;)post #21219 of 241692/28/13 at 7:23pmpost #21220 of 241692/28/13 at 7:54pmpost #21221 of 241693/1/13 at 6:47amQuote:Originally Posted by vid
The idea being to compare at which point (50, 40, or 30 Hz) the response seems to start drooping in volume compared to the volume at 1 kHz.
I finally got a change to test the ECR-500. I also used the tones on this site http://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_sinebursts20-200.php because I wanted to test 20Hz as well. Those tones seem more accurate than others I found. They seem to match the tones you posted were others were much louder. The dip starts around 50Hz. 30Hz is still audible and the level goes up at 20Hz to approximately the same level as 40Hz.post #21222 of 241693/1/13 at 7:25ampost #21223 of 241693/1/13 at 3:50pmpost #21224 of 241693/1/13 at 7:14pmIn reply to my statement on the Fostex and the Hifiman, holy crap give a look at the Yamaha hp2 holy cow these things sound good. I didn't think something this old could sound so damn good..... Wow I'm blown away, honestly. I just got them in today, while they lack the subwooferish bass of the Hifiman everything else about the hp2 is simply amazing except they do need quite a bit more power to drive.
Just another reason why I won't touch anything but yamaha speakers when it comes to speakers.
Correction the Yamaha HP2 can pump out subwooferish bass, I just ran lil Wayne King Kong through them..... Damn I'm really impressed.
Edited by droido256 - 3/1/13 at 7:52pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 34 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › omg i love my new monoprice 5" studio monitors!! 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2