Not that I've been able to tell...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1415post #21211 of 246912/28/13 at 12:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21212 of 246912/28/13 at 3:45pmpost #21213 of 246912/28/13 at 4:17pmQuote:
I know that some people in here have achieved seriously good results with modding the new T20 ,almost , if not completely indistinguishable from the modded T50 results .
They can check in here I'm not going to put them on the spot, or you can ask in the T50 Incremental Mods thread about that
Edited by nick n - 2/28/13 at 6:42pmpost #21214 of 246912/28/13 at 4:53pm
First picture. HP-50 + HOK pads on top of the stock pads, i.e. with two pairs of pads for increased distance to the ear. Measures well even then (3 kHz ridge is mainly a measurement artifact).
Second picture. Same as the first, but this time a wool disc was placed inside the cup, between the driver and baffle where the white stock disc would go, rather than on the outside of the baffle as in the first.
With the wool disc inside (again, between the driver and baffle, not behind the driver) rather than outside, the sound is faster to my ear, and also measures slightly faster in the mids. Why this is so, I don't know. Could be the extra treble as well, but probably not entirely. To restate, when I had the disc inside on one channel and outside on the other, the inside one sounded faster.
Also, with the wool inside rather than outside, the soundstage seems wider. Could just be random shiftings of the brain, but might not.
Edited by vid - 2/28/13 at 6:51pmpost #21215 of 246912/28/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
Because the T50 is the most expensive, and thus the "best".post #21216 of 246912/28/13 at 5:47pm
Yeah, more money the better:) I fall firmly into the skeptic category, particularly with audio these days. There are some spectacular products out there that never get their due just because they are not stratospherically priced and hence are ignored by "audiophiles"
Think I'll follow up on Nick N's post up there and perhaps take a crack at a pair of T 20's (unless dirt cheap YH's or something get to me first)post #21217 of 246912/28/13 at 6:43pmpost #21218 of 246912/28/13 at 7:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
ask in here for sure, I betcha you'll get some reassurance.
I may just. Although apparently I just bought a setof YH3's for 22 buck's. Might have to deal with those first;)post #21219 of 246912/28/13 at 7:23pmpost #21220 of 246912/28/13 at 7:54pmpost #21221 of 246913/1/13 at 6:47amQuote:Originally Posted by vid
The idea being to compare at which point (50, 40, or 30 Hz) the response seems to start drooping in volume compared to the volume at 1 kHz.
I finally got a change to test the ECR-500. I also used the tones on this site http://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_sinebursts20-200.php because I wanted to test 20Hz as well. Those tones seem more accurate than others I found. They seem to match the tones you posted were others were much louder. The dip starts around 50Hz. 30Hz is still audible and the level goes up at 20Hz to approximately the same level as 40Hz.post #21222 of 246913/1/13 at 7:25ampost #21223 of 246913/1/13 at 3:50pmpost #21224 of 246913/1/13 at 7:14pmIn reply to my statement on the Fostex and the Hifiman, holy crap give a look at the Yamaha hp2 holy cow these things sound good. I didn't think something this old could sound so damn good..... Wow I'm blown away, honestly. I just got them in today, while they lack the subwooferish bass of the Hifiman everything else about the hp2 is simply amazing except they do need quite a bit more power to drive.
Just another reason why I won't touch anything but yamaha speakers when it comes to speakers.
Correction the Yamaha HP2 can pump out subwooferish bass, I just ran lil Wayne King Kong through them..... Damn I'm really impressed.
Edited by droido256 - 3/1/13 at 7:52pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 49 seconds ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 56 seconds ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 4 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear