ha! great idea for the name it makes complete sense, in a strange way
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 4/12/14 at 11:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1403post #21031 of 228462/2/13 at 8:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21032 of 228462/3/13 at 4:54am
It seems that the more you take the baffle and cup out of the way, the more neutral they sound. Given how fast Sennheiser introduced the 2002 model (with a modified cup) after the 2000, it's probably not a bad guess to make that the cup design on the 2000 wasn't even close to optimal, or even decent.
Curiously, bass extension didn't suffer when the cup was taken off. Doesn't start dipping until about 35 Hz. Treble isn't as harsh as before, but I attached a foam disc directly to the back of the driver - might have something to do with it. Soundstage is a bit more open, no surprise there.post #21033 of 228462/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:
Thats a car audio ortho tweeter from some local Kiev company. Basically same people, who made that Amfiton 25.
Quote:Originally Posted by wualta
Sounds encouraging-- it's risky to attempt open-back, but there are other pitfalls attending vented-closed, and it sounds like you stepped around them nicely.
As for the name, I suggest hyphenating the heck out of it: CrossTex-FosFade, or even CrossTex-FosFade: The Headphone.
Ahahah, thats cuuteQuote:
Hm, never thought all other orthos was corrugated, nice
Edited by Drakkard - 2/3/13 at 12:45pmpost #21034 of 228462/5/13 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Drakkard
There are different versions of TDS-15 (revisions). Basically:
1. Earliest version, non-corrugated diaphragm, driver parts hold together by screws. Metallic protective plate at the back is placed along the magnets
2. Non-corrugated diaphragm, driver parts hold together by clips. Metallic protective plate at the back is placed across the magnets (for better sound, need to rotate it)
3. Same as #2, but with corrugated diaphragm
4. Something in-between 2 and 3 (half-corrugated). Possibly a defect.
Corrugated diaphragm have a bit more bass, but non-corrugated seems to provide flatter response and better micro-details. Variant #4 is something in-between the two.
This is very interesting. Is it possible to tell from the outside of a TDS-15 what version of the driver it has inside?
For instance, this one?post #21035 of 228462/5/13 at 5:42pmQuote:
The prints of the name might play a big role in it. See mines for example (excuse me for the messy desk, as usual):
The one on the left has no symbols at all around amfiton (I'm assuming that's what the word there is).
The right one has a circle on both sides of amfiton.
Yours has one marking to the left of amfiton.
Though curiously, Drakkard, had there ever been any record of TDS-15's with the headband on the left? or should we assume it was someone's DIY job? (I replaced the earpads and cables)post #21036 of 228462/5/13 at 11:48pm
Kalbee pretty sure I have the exact same two models as you do ( but both same headband as the grey ones ) . Would love to hear what comes of this.
Thanks for posting the pics I was too busy tonight to get mine posted
Edited by nick n - 2/6/13 at 5:18pmpost #21037 of 228462/6/13 at 2:15ampost #21038 of 228462/6/13 at 2:59amQuote:
That's definitely a diy.
Note new ear cushions too.
You can check photos of stock headphones here - https://unsorted.me/weblog_entry.php?e=73125Quote:
As far as I know - no. They was made on two factories, but that does not reflects on driver construction.post #21039 of 228462/6/13 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Drakkard
That's definitely a diy.
Note new ear cushions too.
You can check photos of stock headphones here - https://unsorted.me/weblog_entry.php?e=73125
As far as I know - no. They was made on two factories, but that does not reflects on driver construction.
Interesting, I wonder how the person managed to fix the cups on the headband.
I was the one that put that ear cushion and new cable (not really shown in picture), but the headband was like this when I received it.
Thanks for the picture link ;)post #21040 of 228462/6/13 at 11:44ampost #21041 of 228462/6/13 at 11:53amQuote:
Ah I see. Nice ear cushions =)post #21042 of 228462/7/13 at 11:32ampost #21043 of 228462/7/13 at 6:49pm
oh the YH-1000 dropped in price then
I wonder if there is corrosion on the driver traces in this one.
Kalbee i would be curious to see their attachment method for the aftermarket headband whenever you get around to it.post #21044 of 228462/8/13 at 12:46ampost #21045 of 228462/8/13 at 4:16am
I did not listen to TDS-16. People report they are aggressive, but not bright. Good and fast upper bass, but lacking part of middle and low. That makes them good for Metal - guitars and such.
TDS-7 is good with macrodynamics, sort of big sound with somewhat deep (but not wide) sound stage. It have thick diaphragm, I believe it is the reason for this sound signature. Also, this is the most uncomfortable headphones in the universe =)
TDS-15 seems best both of them in details retrieval, instrument separation, and sense of air, but lacking bass in stock form.
Edited by Drakkard - 2/8/13 at 4:21am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 27 seconds ago
- › SPL Auditor for sale EXCELLENT CONDITION 34 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 36 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 40 seconds ago
- › Akg K400 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › WTB: I need a stock HD800 cable! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob