ha! great idea for the name it makes complete sense, in a strange way
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on Today at 6:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1403post #21031 of 234592/2/13 at 8:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21032 of 234592/3/13 at 4:54am
It seems that the more you take the baffle and cup out of the way, the more neutral they sound. Given how fast Sennheiser introduced the 2002 model (with a modified cup) after the 2000, it's probably not a bad guess to make that the cup design on the 2000 wasn't even close to optimal, or even decent.
Curiously, bass extension didn't suffer when the cup was taken off. Doesn't start dipping until about 35 Hz. Treble isn't as harsh as before, but I attached a foam disc directly to the back of the driver - might have something to do with it. Soundstage is a bit more open, no surprise there.post #21033 of 234592/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:
Thats a car audio ortho tweeter from some local Kiev company. Basically same people, who made that Amfiton 25.
Quote:Originally Posted by wualta
Sounds encouraging-- it's risky to attempt open-back, but there are other pitfalls attending vented-closed, and it sounds like you stepped around them nicely.
As for the name, I suggest hyphenating the heck out of it: CrossTex-FosFade, or even CrossTex-FosFade: The Headphone.
Ahahah, thats cuuteQuote:
Hm, never thought all other orthos was corrugated, nice
Edited by Drakkard - 2/3/13 at 12:45pmpost #21034 of 234592/5/13 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Drakkard
There are different versions of TDS-15 (revisions). Basically:
1. Earliest version, non-corrugated diaphragm, driver parts hold together by screws. Metallic protective plate at the back is placed along the magnets
2. Non-corrugated diaphragm, driver parts hold together by clips. Metallic protective plate at the back is placed across the magnets (for better sound, need to rotate it)
3. Same as #2, but with corrugated diaphragm
4. Something in-between 2 and 3 (half-corrugated). Possibly a defect.
Corrugated diaphragm have a bit more bass, but non-corrugated seems to provide flatter response and better micro-details. Variant #4 is something in-between the two.
This is very interesting. Is it possible to tell from the outside of a TDS-15 what version of the driver it has inside?
For instance, this one?post #21035 of 234592/5/13 at 5:42pmQuote:
The prints of the name might play a big role in it. See mines for example (excuse me for the messy desk, as usual):
The one on the left has no symbols at all around amfiton (I'm assuming that's what the word there is).
The right one has a circle on both sides of amfiton.
Yours has one marking to the left of amfiton.
Though curiously, Drakkard, had there ever been any record of TDS-15's with the headband on the left? or should we assume it was someone's DIY job? (I replaced the earpads and cables)post #21036 of 234592/5/13 at 11:48pm
Kalbee pretty sure I have the exact same two models as you do ( but both same headband as the grey ones ) . Would love to hear what comes of this.
Thanks for posting the pics I was too busy tonight to get mine posted
Edited by nick n - 2/6/13 at 5:18pmpost #21037 of 234592/6/13 at 2:15ampost #21038 of 234592/6/13 at 2:59amQuote:
That's definitely a diy.
Note new ear cushions too.
You can check photos of stock headphones here - https://unsorted.me/weblog_entry.php?e=73125Quote:
As far as I know - no. They was made on two factories, but that does not reflects on driver construction.post #21039 of 234592/6/13 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Drakkard
That's definitely a diy.
Note new ear cushions too.
You can check photos of stock headphones here - https://unsorted.me/weblog_entry.php?e=73125
As far as I know - no. They was made on two factories, but that does not reflects on driver construction.
Interesting, I wonder how the person managed to fix the cups on the headband.
I was the one that put that ear cushion and new cable (not really shown in picture), but the headband was like this when I received it.
Thanks for the picture link ;)post #21040 of 234592/6/13 at 11:44ampost #21041 of 234592/6/13 at 11:53amQuote:
Ah I see. Nice ear cushions =)post #21042 of 234592/7/13 at 11:32ampost #21043 of 234592/7/13 at 6:49pm
oh the YH-1000 dropped in price then
I wonder if there is corrosion on the driver traces in this one.
Kalbee i would be curious to see their attachment method for the aftermarket headband whenever you get around to it.post #21044 of 234592/8/13 at 12:46ampost #21045 of 234592/8/13 at 4:16am
I did not listen to TDS-16. People report they are aggressive, but not bright. Good and fast upper bass, but lacking part of middle and low. That makes them good for Metal - guitars and such.
TDS-7 is good with macrodynamics, sort of big sound with somewhat deep (but not wide) sound stage. It have thick diaphragm, I believe it is the reason for this sound signature. Also, this is the most uncomfortable headphones in the universe =)
TDS-15 seems best both of them in details retrieval, instrument separation, and sense of air, but lacking bass in stock form.
Edited by Drakkard - 2/8/13 at 4:21am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 44 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 2 minutes ago
- › MARANTZ SA8001 CD/SACD PLAYER 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon! 6 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 9 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)