ha! great idea for the name it makes complete sense, in a strange way
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 11/22/14 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1403post #21031 of 235952/2/13 at 8:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21032 of 235952/3/13 at 4:54am
It seems that the more you take the baffle and cup out of the way, the more neutral they sound. Given how fast Sennheiser introduced the 2002 model (with a modified cup) after the 2000, it's probably not a bad guess to make that the cup design on the 2000 wasn't even close to optimal, or even decent.
Curiously, bass extension didn't suffer when the cup was taken off. Doesn't start dipping until about 35 Hz. Treble isn't as harsh as before, but I attached a foam disc directly to the back of the driver - might have something to do with it. Soundstage is a bit more open, no surprise there.post #21033 of 235952/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:
Thats a car audio ortho tweeter from some local Kiev company. Basically same people, who made that Amfiton 25.
Quote:Originally Posted by wualta
Sounds encouraging-- it's risky to attempt open-back, but there are other pitfalls attending vented-closed, and it sounds like you stepped around them nicely.
As for the name, I suggest hyphenating the heck out of it: CrossTex-FosFade, or even CrossTex-FosFade: The Headphone.
Ahahah, thats cuuteQuote:
Hm, never thought all other orthos was corrugated, nice
Edited by Drakkard - 2/3/13 at 12:45pmpost #21034 of 235952/5/13 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Drakkard
There are different versions of TDS-15 (revisions). Basically:
1. Earliest version, non-corrugated diaphragm, driver parts hold together by screws. Metallic protective plate at the back is placed along the magnets
2. Non-corrugated diaphragm, driver parts hold together by clips. Metallic protective plate at the back is placed across the magnets (for better sound, need to rotate it)
3. Same as #2, but with corrugated diaphragm
4. Something in-between 2 and 3 (half-corrugated). Possibly a defect.
Corrugated diaphragm have a bit more bass, but non-corrugated seems to provide flatter response and better micro-details. Variant #4 is something in-between the two.
This is very interesting. Is it possible to tell from the outside of a TDS-15 what version of the driver it has inside?
For instance, this one?post #21035 of 235952/5/13 at 5:42pmQuote:
The prints of the name might play a big role in it. See mines for example (excuse me for the messy desk, as usual):
The one on the left has no symbols at all around amfiton (I'm assuming that's what the word there is).
The right one has a circle on both sides of amfiton.
Yours has one marking to the left of amfiton.
Though curiously, Drakkard, had there ever been any record of TDS-15's with the headband on the left? or should we assume it was someone's DIY job? (I replaced the earpads and cables)post #21036 of 235952/5/13 at 11:48pm
Kalbee pretty sure I have the exact same two models as you do ( but both same headband as the grey ones ) . Would love to hear what comes of this.
Thanks for posting the pics I was too busy tonight to get mine posted
Edited by nick n - 2/6/13 at 5:18pmpost #21037 of 235952/6/13 at 2:15ampost #21038 of 235952/6/13 at 2:59amQuote:
That's definitely a diy.
Note new ear cushions too.
You can check photos of stock headphones here - https://unsorted.me/weblog_entry.php?e=73125Quote:
As far as I know - no. They was made on two factories, but that does not reflects on driver construction.post #21039 of 235952/6/13 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Drakkard
That's definitely a diy.
Note new ear cushions too.
You can check photos of stock headphones here - https://unsorted.me/weblog_entry.php?e=73125
As far as I know - no. They was made on two factories, but that does not reflects on driver construction.
Interesting, I wonder how the person managed to fix the cups on the headband.
I was the one that put that ear cushion and new cable (not really shown in picture), but the headband was like this when I received it.
Thanks for the picture link ;)post #21040 of 235952/6/13 at 11:44ampost #21041 of 235952/6/13 at 11:53amQuote:
Ah I see. Nice ear cushions =)post #21042 of 235952/7/13 at 11:32ampost #21043 of 235952/7/13 at 6:49pm
oh the YH-1000 dropped in price then
I wonder if there is corrosion on the driver traces in this one.
Kalbee i would be curious to see their attachment method for the aftermarket headband whenever you get around to it.post #21044 of 235952/8/13 at 12:46ampost #21045 of 235952/8/13 at 4:16am
I did not listen to TDS-16. People report they are aggressive, but not bright. Good and fast upper bass, but lacking part of middle and low. That makes them good for Metal - guitars and such.
TDS-7 is good with macrodynamics, sort of big sound with somewhat deep (but not wide) sound stage. It have thick diaphragm, I believe it is the reason for this sound signature. Also, this is the most uncomfortable headphones in the universe =)
TDS-15 seems best both of them in details retrieval, instrument separation, and sense of air, but lacking bass in stock form.
Edited by Drakkard - 2/8/13 at 4:21am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze lcd 2 help 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)