ha! great idea for the name it makes complete sense, in a strange way
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1403post #21031 of 234592/2/13 at 8:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21032 of 234592/3/13 at 4:54am
It seems that the more you take the baffle and cup out of the way, the more neutral they sound. Given how fast Sennheiser introduced the 2002 model (with a modified cup) after the 2000, it's probably not a bad guess to make that the cup design on the 2000 wasn't even close to optimal, or even decent.
Curiously, bass extension didn't suffer when the cup was taken off. Doesn't start dipping until about 35 Hz. Treble isn't as harsh as before, but I attached a foam disc directly to the back of the driver - might have something to do with it. Soundstage is a bit more open, no surprise there.post #21033 of 234592/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:
Thats a car audio ortho tweeter from some local Kiev company. Basically same people, who made that Amfiton 25.
Quote:Originally Posted by wualta
Sounds encouraging-- it's risky to attempt open-back, but there are other pitfalls attending vented-closed, and it sounds like you stepped around them nicely.
As for the name, I suggest hyphenating the heck out of it: CrossTex-FosFade, or even CrossTex-FosFade: The Headphone.
Ahahah, thats cuuteQuote:
Hm, never thought all other orthos was corrugated, nice
Edited by Drakkard - 2/3/13 at 12:45pmpost #21034 of 234592/5/13 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Drakkard
There are different versions of TDS-15 (revisions). Basically:
1. Earliest version, non-corrugated diaphragm, driver parts hold together by screws. Metallic protective plate at the back is placed along the magnets
2. Non-corrugated diaphragm, driver parts hold together by clips. Metallic protective plate at the back is placed across the magnets (for better sound, need to rotate it)
3. Same as #2, but with corrugated diaphragm
4. Something in-between 2 and 3 (half-corrugated). Possibly a defect.
Corrugated diaphragm have a bit more bass, but non-corrugated seems to provide flatter response and better micro-details. Variant #4 is something in-between the two.
This is very interesting. Is it possible to tell from the outside of a TDS-15 what version of the driver it has inside?
For instance, this one?post #21035 of 234592/5/13 at 5:42pmQuote:
The prints of the name might play a big role in it. See mines for example (excuse me for the messy desk, as usual):
The one on the left has no symbols at all around amfiton (I'm assuming that's what the word there is).
The right one has a circle on both sides of amfiton.
Yours has one marking to the left of amfiton.
Though curiously, Drakkard, had there ever been any record of TDS-15's with the headband on the left? or should we assume it was someone's DIY job? (I replaced the earpads and cables)post #21036 of 234592/5/13 at 11:48pm
Kalbee pretty sure I have the exact same two models as you do ( but both same headband as the grey ones ) . Would love to hear what comes of this.
Thanks for posting the pics I was too busy tonight to get mine posted
Edited by nick n - 2/6/13 at 5:18pmpost #21037 of 234592/6/13 at 2:15ampost #21038 of 234592/6/13 at 2:59amQuote:
That's definitely a diy.
Note new ear cushions too.
You can check photos of stock headphones here - https://unsorted.me/weblog_entry.php?e=73125Quote:
As far as I know - no. They was made on two factories, but that does not reflects on driver construction.post #21039 of 234592/6/13 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Drakkard
That's definitely a diy.
Note new ear cushions too.
You can check photos of stock headphones here - https://unsorted.me/weblog_entry.php?e=73125
As far as I know - no. They was made on two factories, but that does not reflects on driver construction.
Interesting, I wonder how the person managed to fix the cups on the headband.
I was the one that put that ear cushion and new cable (not really shown in picture), but the headband was like this when I received it.
Thanks for the picture link ;)post #21040 of 234592/6/13 at 11:44ampost #21041 of 234592/6/13 at 11:53amQuote:
Ah I see. Nice ear cushions =)post #21042 of 234592/7/13 at 11:32ampost #21043 of 234592/7/13 at 6:49pm
oh the YH-1000 dropped in price then
I wonder if there is corrosion on the driver traces in this one.
Kalbee i would be curious to see their attachment method for the aftermarket headband whenever you get around to it.post #21044 of 234592/8/13 at 12:46ampost #21045 of 234592/8/13 at 4:16am
I did not listen to TDS-16. People report they are aggressive, but not bright. Good and fast upper bass, but lacking part of middle and low. That makes them good for Metal - guitars and such.
TDS-7 is good with macrodynamics, sort of big sound with somewhat deep (but not wide) sound stage. It have thick diaphragm, I believe it is the reason for this sound signature. Also, this is the most uncomfortable headphones in the universe =)
TDS-15 seems best both of them in details retrieval, instrument separation, and sense of air, but lacking bass in stock form.
Edited by Drakkard - 2/8/13 at 4:21am
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 10 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 13 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN EF100 Hybrid Amp announced 56 seconds ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Ipod gen 7 Classic 240gb 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What brand IEM do you support? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)