Plastic from a roasting bag (packaging has the PET symbol on it, that's all I know) seems to work as a substitute of sorts for the moisture guard on the Unipolar. I tried wrinkling up the film before attaching it (like some pros seem to do it), but that didn't come out so hot even though I tried three different versions. In the end, I put on a smooth film of it. Although when I say smooth, I mean not really smooth - it has a few folds in it that were there to begin with. And I attached it with duct tape, since I've no proper glue. No pictures; later.
Colorful graph (raw data). Spikes in the lower mids and below are interference. The cover was applied only to the front of the driver.
The graph shows a bass hump in all measurements, but they were measured with no baffle, i.e. the driver was loosely in the cup and the mic setup was pressed against it. Doesn't give the most accurate response graphs, but does show the relative differences; so I'm not sure whether they actually have a hump or not at this point.
Also, the Unipolar aren't exactly orthos I know, but I don't want to advertise them so much as to create a proper thread for their modding, and since wualta was asking for info on them, into the ortho thread it goes. And in any case they're planar headphones, can't argue with that.
Edited by vid - 11/4/12 at 10:50am