Neato, thanks for the advice. Ive got a friend with a ton of extra green wool felt so thats good to know!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 1/24/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 999post #14971 of 237697/18/10 at 1:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14972 of 237697/18/10 at 9:25pmQuote:
Generally much better, but it does depend upon the density somewhat.post #14973 of 237697/19/10 at 8:03am
What would be the right isodynamic?
A 80mm round driver with construction similar to Fostex Gen2 drivers, but with phase-correcting felt circles on it, not one, but a multi-layered disc, thick at edges, thinner near the center. General design probably similar to Sansui SS-100, but with different earpads - air-filled, velour-covered ones, that would be comfortable and make a good seal. The Sony Qualia seems to have great headband, so it'll go.post #14974 of 237697/19/10 at 8:49ampost #14975 of 237697/19/10 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Nevod
What would be the right isodynamic?
A 80mm round driver with construction similar to Fostex Gen2 drivers, but with phase-correcting felt circles on it, not one, but a multi-layered disc, thick at edges, thinner near the center. General design probably similar to Sansui SS-100, but with different earpads - air-filled, velour-covered ones, that would be comfortable and make a good seal. The Sony Qualia seems to have great headband, so it'll go.
Didn't the Qualias have a fragile headband? It looks great though.post #14976 of 237697/19/10 at 9:45ampost #14977 of 237697/19/10 at 9:49am
It would've been a bargain either way. Congrats on whoever won it. (I hope you get the bass light version)post #14978 of 237697/19/10 at 11:10ampost #14979 of 237697/19/10 at 11:26ampost #14980 of 237697/19/10 at 11:26ampost #14981 of 237697/19/10 at 11:39ampost #14982 of 237697/19/10 at 11:50ampost #14983 of 237697/19/10 at 11:55amQuote:
also foams, sponges & tapes...........
& yet nothing has damped this thread.post #14984 of 237697/19/10 at 12:17pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Closed-back equivalents of DT990? 11 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 vs Shure SRH1540... Anyone compared them? 2 minutes ago
- › Why is my PC's volume so low? 4 minutes ago
- › Usb DAC on macbook air won't go above 16bit/48khz 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3