Neato, thanks for the advice. Ive got a friend with a ton of extra green wool felt so thats good to know!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 5/6/15 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 999post #14971 of 239767/18/10 at 1:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14972 of 239767/18/10 at 9:25pmQuote:
Generally much better, but it does depend upon the density somewhat.post #14973 of 239767/19/10 at 8:03am
What would be the right isodynamic?
A 80mm round driver with construction similar to Fostex Gen2 drivers, but with phase-correcting felt circles on it, not one, but a multi-layered disc, thick at edges, thinner near the center. General design probably similar to Sansui SS-100, but with different earpads - air-filled, velour-covered ones, that would be comfortable and make a good seal. The Sony Qualia seems to have great headband, so it'll go.post #14974 of 239767/19/10 at 8:49ampost #14975 of 239767/19/10 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Nevod
What would be the right isodynamic?
A 80mm round driver with construction similar to Fostex Gen2 drivers, but with phase-correcting felt circles on it, not one, but a multi-layered disc, thick at edges, thinner near the center. General design probably similar to Sansui SS-100, but with different earpads - air-filled, velour-covered ones, that would be comfortable and make a good seal. The Sony Qualia seems to have great headband, so it'll go.
Didn't the Qualias have a fragile headband? It looks great though.post #14976 of 239767/19/10 at 9:45ampost #14977 of 239767/19/10 at 9:49am
It would've been a bargain either way. Congrats on whoever won it. (I hope you get the bass light version)post #14978 of 239767/19/10 at 11:10ampost #14979 of 239767/19/10 at 11:26ampost #14980 of 239767/19/10 at 11:26ampost #14981 of 239767/19/10 at 11:39ampost #14982 of 239767/19/10 at 11:50ampost #14983 of 239767/19/10 at 11:55amQuote:
also foams, sponges & tapes...........
& yet nothing has damped this thread.post #14984 of 239767/19/10 at 12:17pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 53 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Need Help Finding This Please 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2