Anyone else noticed a price drop on Beyerdynamics recently? The DT770 sell for 118 euros in Thomann brand new. They were 158€ just couple months ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 8:37 pm in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 4:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 119
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah and the T1's have dropped quite a lot. A couple of days ago they were selling for $699 on Amazon and now they're stable on around $750.. so if anyone's looking to buy a T1 now might be your chance before the prices jump again.
I still greatly love my Beyerdynamic DT 990's. It was the first "good" headphone I ever bought, when I was a freshman in college, and I've still kept it. I also owned the T1 for awhile. It's a stupendous pair of headphones. I bought the STAX SR-009's and I eventually decided to sell it (the T1) to someone who would actually use it more than I was at the moment.
Edited by jackskelly - 7/7/14 at 9:16pm
I've owned the
and now a DT990. I'm not a fan of the way they look so they are going to be ripped apart and totally made over, and I don't mean just a paint job, a whole new grill design. There will be cutting, bondo-ing, priming and painting very soon. I'm excited.
I loved the T1, I just couldn't keep them because of that price! I'm a happy mid-fier, and the DT990 sound is everything I need. I like it over everything else up there, even the T90. Yes, I'm serious.
I love Beyerdynamic they just scream quality! I want an headphone for monitoring some studio stuff. After trying the athm50s I have to say that they leak and you can hear that in the recorded track and I don't think the sound is as good as most say, so I decided to turn to my new love. My question is, the dt770pro or the dt100/150? Remember I'm seeking a good studio headphone not an hi-fi one. Any help will be useful!
I would get the DT 150 out of the two, it's the better sounding and more accurate headphone. The cable is also replaceable unlike the DT 770.
Checking in with the Beyerdynamic DT 150, the best closed headphone I've heard anywhere near it's price.
I just got a pair of DT440 Vintage, and I'm trying to find out more about the general history of these cans. But there doesn't seem to be much information about them. Or maybe I just don't no where to look.
Where do you go for information on vintage Beyerdynamics?
Maybe you could try to contact Beyerdynamic directly? They are celebrating their 90th anniversary, so they might have been digging around their own history and have something available for you...
Produced 1977-83 according to some Japanese website, 600 ohm ?
I only own the current 440, only have the name in common.The vintage ones are the amongst the coolest looking headphones you'll come across.
Edited by godbluff - 11/30/14 at 1:38pm
I've been in contact with beyerdynamic earlier regarding vintage headphones, but unfortunately without much luck. But you've got a point about the anniversary, so I guess I'll try them again :-)
Thanks for info. Do you have a link to that Japanese website?
I've measured both channels to be around 580 ohm.
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 56 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › Amp/dac for disappointed HD800 owner 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3