Anyone else noticed a price drop on Beyerdynamics recently? The DT770 sell for 118 euros in Thomann brand new. They were 158€ just couple months ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) Last post on Today at 2:05 pm in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 4:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 119
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah and the T1's have dropped quite a lot. A couple of days ago they were selling for $699 on Amazon and now they're stable on around $750.. so if anyone's looking to buy a T1 now might be your chance before the prices jump again.
I still greatly love my Beyerdynamic DT 990's. It was the first "good" headphone I ever bought, when I was a freshman in college, and I've still kept it. I also owned the T1 for awhile. It's a stupendous pair of headphones. I bought the STAX SR-009's and I eventually decided to sell it (the T1) to someone who would actually use it more than I was at the moment.
Edited by jackskelly - 7/7/14 at 9:16pm
I've owned the
and now a DT990. I'm not a fan of the way they look so they are going to be ripped apart and totally made over, and I don't mean just a paint job, a whole new grill design. There will be cutting, bondo-ing, priming and painting very soon. I'm excited.
I loved the T1, I just couldn't keep them because of that price! I'm a happy mid-fier, and the DT990 sound is everything I need. I like it over everything else up there, even the T90. Yes, I'm serious.
I love Beyerdynamic they just scream quality! I want an headphone for monitoring some studio stuff. After trying the athm50s I have to say that they leak and you can hear that in the recorded track and I don't think the sound is as good as most say, so I decided to turn to my new love. My question is, the dt770pro or the dt100/150? Remember I'm seeking a good studio headphone not an hi-fi one. Any help will be useful!
I would get the DT 150 out of the two, it's the better sounding and more accurate headphone. The cable is also replaceable unlike the DT 770.
Checking in with the Beyerdynamic DT 150, the best closed headphone I've heard anywhere near it's price.
I just got a pair of DT440 Vintage, and I'm trying to find out more about the general history of these cans. But there doesn't seem to be much information about them. Or maybe I just don't no where to look.
Where do you go for information on vintage Beyerdynamics?
Maybe you could try to contact Beyerdynamic directly? They are celebrating their 90th anniversary, so they might have been digging around their own history and have something available for you...
Produced 1977-83 according to some Japanese website, 600 ohm ?
I only own the current 440, only have the name in common.The vintage ones are the amongst the coolest looking headphones you'll come across.
Edited by godbluff - 11/30/14 at 1:38pm
I've been in contact with beyerdynamic earlier regarding vintage headphones, but unfortunately without much luck. But you've got a point about the anniversary, so I guess I'll try them again :-)
Thanks for info. Do you have a link to that Japanese website?
I've measured both channels to be around 580 ohm.
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 14 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 17 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 30 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 47 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2