Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) Last post on Today at 9:28 am in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 5/2/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am planning to do it myself, but I am not sure if the cable is 3 or 4 wires. If it is 3 - that would mean the drivers are attached on common ground and the balanced connection may not make any sense. May be the original design should be done as balanced? Any help on clarifying this part will be grateful.
Thanks for your opinion anyway...
Edited by MrEleventy - 6/12/14 at 10:24am
Yes, the stock cable is 3 wires. L, R & Ground. You would need to rewire the internals if you want a balanced configuration. I've done the same to my DT770 Pros but I only have it set up as SE use. The internals are wired up to a mini-xlr female jack that I've installed into the cup. I don't have any balanced equipment so I only did it just because I could.
Ah, that's very interesting - I was wondering if I can do this, to mount a female connector in the cap, but I did not see enough space there to do so. I have Audio-GD NFB-28 which is having balanced output and I am very eager to test it. However not yet ready to disassemble my DT 990 PRO and see what I can do with them. Can you share some picture of this mini-xlr female connector? Link or model will be helpful as well.
I am living in Germany right now and not sure I can find them here, but will try to find one.
Are the DT770 32 ohms worth it compared to the 80 and 250 ohm versions? I know the 80 and 250 ohm are the ones usually recommend but the 32 ohm are going for 160 something on amazon. i'm not looking to upgrade or anything, I just want some new headphones haha.
If you are going to use it on the go with a DAP and no additional amp, it is best to get the 32 Ohm version.
i haven't heard the 32ohm or 250ohm but i believe the 80ohm is the bassiest out of the three, with the 250ohm version considered more neutral.
What will you be plugging them into?
I wish my girlfriend was more like your wife....she gives me socks and pants and all kinds of useless stuff.
I'm really happy with them so far, I'll get some proper impressions up soon.
I'll be trying them out with my Graham Slee Voyager later today
Edited by Paul Graham - 6/20/14 at 12:04am
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 37 seconds ago
- › Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1 IEM Cable - Reterminated Jack and... 51 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 54 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Here's what Beats by Dre president says about the headphones that... 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO L16 vs. L17 cables. What cable should I get? 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2