Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) Last post on Yesterday at 11:09 pm in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 5/2/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am planning to do it myself, but I am not sure if the cable is 3 or 4 wires. If it is 3 - that would mean the drivers are attached on common ground and the balanced connection may not make any sense. May be the original design should be done as balanced? Any help on clarifying this part will be grateful.
Thanks for your opinion anyway...
Edited by MrEleventy - 6/12/14 at 10:24am
Yes, the stock cable is 3 wires. L, R & Ground. You would need to rewire the internals if you want a balanced configuration. I've done the same to my DT770 Pros but I only have it set up as SE use. The internals are wired up to a mini-xlr female jack that I've installed into the cup. I don't have any balanced equipment so I only did it just because I could.
Ah, that's very interesting - I was wondering if I can do this, to mount a female connector in the cap, but I did not see enough space there to do so. I have Audio-GD NFB-28 which is having balanced output and I am very eager to test it. However not yet ready to disassemble my DT 990 PRO and see what I can do with them. Can you share some picture of this mini-xlr female connector? Link or model will be helpful as well.
I am living in Germany right now and not sure I can find them here, but will try to find one.
Are the DT770 32 ohms worth it compared to the 80 and 250 ohm versions? I know the 80 and 250 ohm are the ones usually recommend but the 32 ohm are going for 160 something on amazon. i'm not looking to upgrade or anything, I just want some new headphones haha.
If you are going to use it on the go with a DAP and no additional amp, it is best to get the 32 Ohm version.
i haven't heard the 32ohm or 250ohm but i believe the 80ohm is the bassiest out of the three, with the 250ohm version considered more neutral.
What will you be plugging them into?
I wish my girlfriend was more like your wife....she gives me socks and pants and all kinds of useless stuff.
I'm really happy with them so far, I'll get some proper impressions up soon.
I'll be trying them out with my Graham Slee Voyager later today
Edited by Paul Graham - 6/20/14 at 12:04am
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 34 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphone companies are so stupid. 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › What is resolution and how is it measured? 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 2 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Different impedance. Benefits? 4 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3