Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) Last post on 5/1/15 at 3:15pm in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 5/2/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am planning to do it myself, but I am not sure if the cable is 3 or 4 wires. If it is 3 - that would mean the drivers are attached on common ground and the balanced connection may not make any sense. May be the original design should be done as balanced? Any help on clarifying this part will be grateful.
Thanks for your opinion anyway...
Edited by MrEleventy - 6/12/14 at 10:24am
Yes, the stock cable is 3 wires. L, R & Ground. You would need to rewire the internals if you want a balanced configuration. I've done the same to my DT770 Pros but I only have it set up as SE use. The internals are wired up to a mini-xlr female jack that I've installed into the cup. I don't have any balanced equipment so I only did it just because I could.
Ah, that's very interesting - I was wondering if I can do this, to mount a female connector in the cap, but I did not see enough space there to do so. I have Audio-GD NFB-28 which is having balanced output and I am very eager to test it. However not yet ready to disassemble my DT 990 PRO and see what I can do with them. Can you share some picture of this mini-xlr female connector? Link or model will be helpful as well.
I am living in Germany right now and not sure I can find them here, but will try to find one.
Are the DT770 32 ohms worth it compared to the 80 and 250 ohm versions? I know the 80 and 250 ohm are the ones usually recommend but the 32 ohm are going for 160 something on amazon. i'm not looking to upgrade or anything, I just want some new headphones haha.
If you are going to use it on the go with a DAP and no additional amp, it is best to get the 32 Ohm version.
i haven't heard the 32ohm or 250ohm but i believe the 80ohm is the bassiest out of the three, with the 250ohm version considered more neutral.
What will you be plugging them into?
I wish my girlfriend was more like your wife....she gives me socks and pants and all kinds of useless stuff.
I'm really happy with them so far, I'll get some proper impressions up soon.
I'll be trying them out with my Graham Slee Voyager later today
Edited by Paul Graham - 6/20/14 at 12:04am
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 13 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 35 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 48 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Subway etiquette 1 minute ago
- › SHURE SE846 In Ear Monitors 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ASG 2.5 Black used for two days - unused eartips + all... 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2