Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) Last post on Today at 9:29 am in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am planning to do it myself, but I am not sure if the cable is 3 or 4 wires. If it is 3 - that would mean the drivers are attached on common ground and the balanced connection may not make any sense. May be the original design should be done as balanced? Any help on clarifying this part will be grateful.
Thanks for your opinion anyway...
Edited by MrEleventy - 6/12/14 at 10:24am
Yes, the stock cable is 3 wires. L, R & Ground. You would need to rewire the internals if you want a balanced configuration. I've done the same to my DT770 Pros but I only have it set up as SE use. The internals are wired up to a mini-xlr female jack that I've installed into the cup. I don't have any balanced equipment so I only did it just because I could.
Ah, that's very interesting - I was wondering if I can do this, to mount a female connector in the cap, but I did not see enough space there to do so. I have Audio-GD NFB-28 which is having balanced output and I am very eager to test it. However not yet ready to disassemble my DT 990 PRO and see what I can do with them. Can you share some picture of this mini-xlr female connector? Link or model will be helpful as well.
I am living in Germany right now and not sure I can find them here, but will try to find one.
Are the DT770 32 ohms worth it compared to the 80 and 250 ohm versions? I know the 80 and 250 ohm are the ones usually recommend but the 32 ohm are going for 160 something on amazon. i'm not looking to upgrade or anything, I just want some new headphones haha.
If you are going to use it on the go with a DAP and no additional amp, it is best to get the 32 Ohm version.
i haven't heard the 32ohm or 250ohm but i believe the 80ohm is the bassiest out of the three, with the 250ohm version considered more neutral.
What will you be plugging them into?
I wish my girlfriend was more like your wife....she gives me socks and pants and all kinds of useless stuff.
I'm really happy with them so far, I'll get some proper impressions up soon.
I'll be trying them out with my Graham Slee Voyager later today
Edited by Paul Graham - 6/20/14 at 12:04am
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 42 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 7 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K340 vs AKG K701 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)