I think the T1 has a very satisfying bass (and quite a bit more than the T5p). Its far from the TH900 obviously, but nevertheless I use it more often even for my main listening genre (electronica) as overall its just easier to listen to, not kicking too hard as the Fostex sometimes does. Which is a lot of fun, sometimes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 4:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 114
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I'll enjoy it while it lasts. The girly is already giving me a hard time for buying it, so we'll see. Maybe I'll just take the house key off her key ring when she goes to class one of these days.. Ha just kidding.
Your opinion on the bass?
It's like there's a separate speaker just for bass. The placement is so far away from the other sounds in the spectrum that it doesn't seem possible that it is the same driver producing it. It isn't overpowering, but it is very accurate and DEEP. The response is awesome. If you like the DT990's bass you will love the T1's bass.
Thanks Ben!! I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna love 'em ;). I'll happily let you know about the comparison with the T5p, but I have no idea when I'll get it back... It's been two months, and based on the last email I sent to ask about it, it sounds like the guy working on them hasn't even touched it yet. Getting a bit frustrated... Sigh.
Also, man, if you get your other endeavor up and running, DEFINITELY let us know ASAP!! I would MUCH rather do business with somebody I know instead of somebody random on eBay... Heck, I'd even drive down there to pick 'em up!! ;)
In reality, this is mostly meaningless, but I love the cutout of the "T1" in that part of the headband. Makes the molded "DT770" on the side of mine look very pedestrian.
I don't follow, what do you mean by that?
I own beyerdynamic DT 660s. When I got them, they had high clamping force, and they also had very bright highs. After some burn in and headband use the clamping force is really perfect, and the highs are hardly shrill at all. (After a long listening session you may start to get annoyed by the highs.) Regardless, they are still very balanced headphones in my opinion. I have not owned higher end headphones than the ones I am wearing now; these are really the first good phones I have. I am very pleased with them though. The only thing I don't feel good about is the build. The plastic hinges on the earcups show no sign of failure, and they probably won't fail any time soon. However, they do feel flimsy. Maybe I just like them so much I am worried they will break? xD The build of these also does not compare to that of higher end beyerdynamics, but they do only cost ~$130. Overall, I love these cans. My music sounds so clear and deep.
Edited by AlexZanderZee - 5/20/14 at 10:23pm
Funny thing is I ignored Beyerdynamic for many years, perceiving them as all having aggressive treble. The first to win me over was the DT1350, soon to be followed by others. Over time I accepted that while I'm no fan of shrill or sibilant treble I can enjoy good resolution very much (and actually can't stand headphones that subdue treble or are too laid back).
Can you tell me more about the DT 1350s? Comfort? Sound? I am new to high end headphones and thinking about trying them. (Did you review them?)
This looks cool. That's all.
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 1 minute ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 2 minutes ago
- › HeadphoneAddict in a serious accident 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 3 minutes ago
- › Balancing Act Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › what COMPANY makes the best headphones 5 minutes ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)