I think the T1 has a very satisfying bass (and quite a bit more than the T5p). Its far from the TH900 obviously, but nevertheless I use it more often even for my main listening genre (electronica) as overall its just easier to listen to, not kicking too hard as the Fostex sometimes does. Which is a lot of fun, sometimes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) Last post on Today at 3:28 pm in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 114
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I'll enjoy it while it lasts. The girly is already giving me a hard time for buying it, so we'll see. Maybe I'll just take the house key off her key ring when she goes to class one of these days.. Ha just kidding.
Your opinion on the bass?
It's like there's a separate speaker just for bass. The placement is so far away from the other sounds in the spectrum that it doesn't seem possible that it is the same driver producing it. It isn't overpowering, but it is very accurate and DEEP. The response is awesome. If you like the DT990's bass you will love the T1's bass.
Thanks Ben!! I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna love 'em ;). I'll happily let you know about the comparison with the T5p, but I have no idea when I'll get it back... It's been two months, and based on the last email I sent to ask about it, it sounds like the guy working on them hasn't even touched it yet. Getting a bit frustrated... Sigh.
Also, man, if you get your other endeavor up and running, DEFINITELY let us know ASAP!! I would MUCH rather do business with somebody I know instead of somebody random on eBay... Heck, I'd even drive down there to pick 'em up!! ;)
In reality, this is mostly meaningless, but I love the cutout of the "T1" in that part of the headband. Makes the molded "DT770" on the side of mine look very pedestrian.
I don't follow, what do you mean by that?
I own beyerdynamic DT 660s. When I got them, they had high clamping force, and they also had very bright highs. After some burn in and headband use the clamping force is really perfect, and the highs are hardly shrill at all. (After a long listening session you may start to get annoyed by the highs.) Regardless, they are still very balanced headphones in my opinion. I have not owned higher end headphones than the ones I am wearing now; these are really the first good phones I have. I am very pleased with them though. The only thing I don't feel good about is the build. The plastic hinges on the earcups show no sign of failure, and they probably won't fail any time soon. However, they do feel flimsy. Maybe I just like them so much I am worried they will break? xD The build of these also does not compare to that of higher end beyerdynamics, but they do only cost ~$130. Overall, I love these cans. My music sounds so clear and deep.
Edited by AlexZanderZee - 5/20/14 at 10:23pm
Funny thing is I ignored Beyerdynamic for many years, perceiving them as all having aggressive treble. The first to win me over was the DT1350, soon to be followed by others. Over time I accepted that while I'm no fan of shrill or sibilant treble I can enjoy good resolution very much (and actually can't stand headphones that subdue treble or are too laid back).
Can you tell me more about the DT 1350s? Comfort? Sound? I am new to high end headphones and thinking about trying them. (Did you review them?)
This looks cool. That's all.
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Incredible I feel! MDR V55 14 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 44 seconds ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Stealth vs Apex Audio Peak 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 7 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)