I think the T1 has a very satisfying bass (and quite a bit more than the T5p). Its far from the TH900 obviously, but nevertheless I use it more often even for my main listening genre (electronica) as overall its just easier to listen to, not kicking too hard as the Fostex sometimes does. Which is a lot of fun, sometimes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) Last post on Today at 12:26 am in Video Games Discussion
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 5/2/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 114
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I'll enjoy it while it lasts. The girly is already giving me a hard time for buying it, so we'll see. Maybe I'll just take the house key off her key ring when she goes to class one of these days.. Ha just kidding.
Your opinion on the bass?
It's like there's a separate speaker just for bass. The placement is so far away from the other sounds in the spectrum that it doesn't seem possible that it is the same driver producing it. It isn't overpowering, but it is very accurate and DEEP. The response is awesome. If you like the DT990's bass you will love the T1's bass.
Thanks Ben!! I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna love 'em ;). I'll happily let you know about the comparison with the T5p, but I have no idea when I'll get it back... It's been two months, and based on the last email I sent to ask about it, it sounds like the guy working on them hasn't even touched it yet. Getting a bit frustrated... Sigh.
Also, man, if you get your other endeavor up and running, DEFINITELY let us know ASAP!! I would MUCH rather do business with somebody I know instead of somebody random on eBay... Heck, I'd even drive down there to pick 'em up!! ;)
In reality, this is mostly meaningless, but I love the cutout of the "T1" in that part of the headband. Makes the molded "DT770" on the side of mine look very pedestrian.
I don't follow, what do you mean by that?
I own beyerdynamic DT 660s. When I got them, they had high clamping force, and they also had very bright highs. After some burn in and headband use the clamping force is really perfect, and the highs are hardly shrill at all. (After a long listening session you may start to get annoyed by the highs.) Regardless, they are still very balanced headphones in my opinion. I have not owned higher end headphones than the ones I am wearing now; these are really the first good phones I have. I am very pleased with them though. The only thing I don't feel good about is the build. The plastic hinges on the earcups show no sign of failure, and they probably won't fail any time soon. However, they do feel flimsy. Maybe I just like them so much I am worried they will break? xD The build of these also does not compare to that of higher end beyerdynamics, but they do only cost ~$130. Overall, I love these cans. My music sounds so clear and deep.
Edited by AlexZanderZee - 5/20/14 at 10:23pm
Funny thing is I ignored Beyerdynamic for many years, perceiving them as all having aggressive treble. The first to win me over was the DT1350, soon to be followed by others. Over time I accepted that while I'm no fan of shrill or sibilant treble I can enjoy good resolution very much (and actually can't stand headphones that subdue treble or are too laid back).
Can you tell me more about the DT 1350s? Comfort? Sound? I am new to high end headphones and thinking about trying them. (Did you review them?)
This looks cool. That's all.
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-X 19 seconds ago
- › Continental Dual Mono Tube Rolling Thread 49 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 6 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2