- 3,142 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 6/11/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic A1 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- A little overwhelmed, need some Beyerdynamic help. Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony MA900 added) Last post on Today at 2:16 am in Video Games Discussion
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Total newbie audiophile! Need advice on trance / house music headphones Last post on 7/10/13 at 2:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 109post #1621 of 162812/9/13 at 1:07pmI've recently joined the Beyerdynamic club with some DT990 Manufaktur 600ohm, all black recabled with silver cable. Got them in a trade for my Ciem.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1622 of 162812/9/13 at 1:31pmpost #1623 of 162812/9/13 at 3:19pm
I have the beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 250ohm, after owning two pairs of the velour pads I can't stand them as they go flat fast. Does anyone know if either of these pads will fit on the 990?post #1624 of 162812/9/13 at 3:33pm
Totally different to the 531's in their native enclosures.
Im off to bed now so Ill write something in more detail tomorrow...post #1625 of 162812/9/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
If you don't mind me asking, what is the origin of the silver cable......pure silver, silver plated copper? I have the DT900 Manufaktur 600 ohm as well, and I really like them a lot with my tube amp and upstream gears!post #1626 of 162812/9/13 at 3:59pmPretty sure its pure silver, this is where the original owner got them recabled (the ones on the website are the ones I have):
Also I'm using mine out of an iTube+iCan combo, excellent.
Edited by ostewart - Yesterday at 4:01 pmpost #1627 of 162812/9/13 at 4:17pm
I only have one pair of Beyerdynamic's (Custom One Pros). These are the best headphones in my collection. I am looking to add another set to my collection. Among other brands, I am looking at the DT880/DT990 and even the T90. The COPs are so much fun to listen to and are great with a wide variety of music. I am looking to add that next bit of refinement without having too much of a lean sound.post #1628 of 162812/9/13 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Themorganlett85
Hey guys I'm going to picking up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohm and a pair of Beyerdynamic T90s pretty soon and was wondering what amp would make them sound the very best? My DAC is going to be the Asus Xonar Essence STX. I had almost decided on the Schiit Valhalla but I figured I could get some more input before I make my final decision. Thanks in advance.
I recently got a pair of 600 ohm DT990s and found them to match well with my WA6.
I really don't hear all the brightness that everyone seems to dislike. The only time I've found them harsh was with mainstream pop/rock recordings that are mastered with car stereos and cheap earbuds in mind. Luckily I don't have much of those recordings in my collection. I'm also enjoying the slightly recessed mids. They make for a very relaxing listening experience even with more aggressive music.
- BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › DJ Audio Interfaces vs. audiophile DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Coming into my home soon — the Naim DAC V-1 7 minutes ago
- › Martin Customs Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi