Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › BeyerDynamic owners unite...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BeyerDynamic owners unite... - Page 82

post #1216 of 1775

I'm not seeing an edit button anymore, so I can't add the dt770 pro to that post.

post #1217 of 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainsong View Post

 Those "Beyer is team treble" people don't know how to pair them with a decent source IMHO.



I have just started in theory to find different tweaks :)

post #1218 of 1775

The biggest one, and it's not true of all Beyers IMO, but some, is the extra ohms. I don't know, maybe that would annoy me more if I didn't have a Corda amp the 120 ohm output option staring me right in the face an no more difficult to plug into.

 

That really bloats up many headphones, but when it works, it works. With the T5p, it changes the entire character. It has to be what the headphone was intended to be on a more powerful source. But by the same token I think it makes a good go of pushing an iphone or iPad. It's just on the full size source, that's not needed. It's nice that it can scale up, makes it worth its money.

post #1219 of 1775

You are absolutely right with the 120 Ohm output. Right now I have two adapters to use and one amplifier which provides this and I am playing around with my headphones :)

post #1220 of 1775

I recenlty got offered a very good deal on a pair of 250Ohm 770Editions, and I just couldn't resist, even though I had originally wanted to get the 600 Ohmers. Today they arrived, and… I'm in love! ^__^"

 

Yes, the treble was a little sharp at first. But after putting together a nice parametric EQ setting in Rockbox with rolled off treble and a little mid boost, the phones sound just AWESOME. And they aren't even as bassheavy as I feared! JUST right. I've been listening the whole evening and just can't stop…

 

Btw, seeing just HOW far I can turn up the volume with the E11, far beyond listenable levels, I'm now pretty sure it would've been able to power the 770/600s too. Maybe a heads up for all that look for a portable amp for theirs…

 

*sinks back into the music, Horner's soundtrack for Avatar at the moment*

post #1221 of 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runo View Post

I recenlty got offered a very good deal on a pair of 250Ohm 770Editions, and I just couldn't resist, even though I had originally wanted to get the 600 Ohmers. Today they arrived, and… I'm in love! ^__^"

 

Yes, the treble was a little sharp at first. But after putting together a nice parametric EQ setting in Rockbox with rolled off treble and a little mid boost, the phones sound just AWESOME. And they aren't even as bassheavy as I feared! JUST right. I've been listening the whole evening and just can't stop…

 

Btw, seeing just HOW far I can turn up the volume with the E11, far beyond listenable levels, I'm now pretty sure it would've been able to power the 770/600s too. Maybe a heads up for all that look for a portable amp for theirs…

 

*sinks back into the music, Horner's soundtrack for Avatar at the moment*




My Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250-Ohm sound great with my little 6922EH tube amp.

post #1222 of 1775

Just got my dt990 600ohm today :) . watching hurt locker on it and so far its boss. Has as much bass as the m50 which I do like since I find that much bass the most I can listen to and enjoy without being overpowered. Plus separation is very nice

post #1223 of 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

My Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250-Ohm sound great with my little 6922EH tube amp.

 



Yes, I suppose the slight treble rolloff, natural compression and smoothing of waveforms most tube amps have really suits them well! My only tube amp is one for guitar, tho, not really audiophile… ;D

 

And since I need my setup to be portable, tubes are out of the question for me, even though there are portable tube amps as well AFAIK. But I just trust a solid state amp more under rougher conditions… ^^

post #1224 of 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by reivaj View Post

Just got my dt990 600ohm today :) . watching hurt locker on it and so far its boss. Has as much bass as the m50 which I do like since I find that much bass the most I can listen to and enjoy without being overpowered. Plus separation is very nice



OH, what a coincidence, I did the exactly SAME thing yesterday.

 

Anyways, I really don't get why people don't like the treble I love it, but I also love the mids too.

 

I always wanted a tube amp, but what I really hate is the maintenance and price

post #1225 of 1775

Hope I’m welcome to this exclusive club.

 

0980f221_dac_amp_cans.jpg

 

I recently purchased a DT 990/600 Ω which works just wonderful with my Schiit Valhalla. Before I switched to this headphone I’ve been using AKG K701 for two years and K271 prior to them. Wearing comfort and listening joy of the DT 990s are unmatched.

 

Werner.


Edited by wberghofer - 6/16/11 at 1:41pm
post #1226 of 1775

Unfortunately I got no Beyerdynamic club card so far but here is a proof for my membership wink.gif

 

dt990_1.jpg

dt990_2.jpg

 

Well, you already know what we have here: DT990 600 Ohm MANUFAKTUR. I was a bit skeptical when I placed my order since I have not seen many other Beyers with a white or turquoise color before. But now I can just say: AWESOME! I have a few more photos in my gallery.

post #1227 of 1775

Hey Fellas,

 

Is there a dedicated thread for DT990/600 owners (sorry, the search gods have failed me). I am planning to buy one and thought reading through the (specific) owners thread would give me more ideas about the headphones and amp matching.

 

Thanks,

Karthik

post #1228 of 1775

I think it's discussed in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/199052/beyerdynamic-dt990-ver-2005-appreciation-thread

And i do advise you to read Zombie_X's thread on all the Beyerdynamic models, it's good: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more


Edited by Ultrainferno - 7/21/11 at 3:51am
post #1229 of 1775


While I have been through Zombie_X's thread, I never found the owners unite thread. Thank you Ultrainferno. I will go through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

I think it's discussed in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/199052/beyerdynamic-dt990-ver-2005-appreciation-thread

And i do advise you to read Zombie_X's thread on all the Beyerdynamic models, it's good: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more



 

post #1230 of 1775

The DT 880 250 ohm 2005 Version continue to be one of my primary headphones.

The tonal balance and wearing comfort are remarkable.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › BeyerDynamic owners unite...