Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Rank the Headphones that You Own.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 300

post #4486 of 4496
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post
 

Well, the K1000 and Abyss also suck. :wink_face:

I still have hopes for the K1000 but the abyss definitely does suck

 

I just didn't want to cause a complete ****storm

post #4487 of 4496

The K1000 is the only headphone I really care about anymore. The SR-007 and HD800 are great but I think I like even my sextetts more. I think I am AKG all the way.

post #4488 of 4496

What setup did you hear the Abyss on Takato14? When you listened to them, what stood out the most as weaknesses?

post #4489 of 4496
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyZH View Post
 

What setup did you hear the Abyss on Takato14? When you listened to them, what stood out the most as weaknesses?

Doubt he's heard it

post #4490 of 4496
In an effort to get this thread back on track, here's my most recent list:

1. SennGrado
2. DT880 Pro
3. D2000
4. ZMF V1
5. MDR 7506
6. HiFlight Modded KSC75

This ranking is totally based on percentages of head-time.
post #4491 of 4496
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

the Orpheus doesn't deserve to be up there 

 

and the R10 shouldn't be up there because they're all going to be dead very soon

 

but otherwise this


Have you heard the Orpheus and the other headphones mentioned before?


Edited by kman1211 - 8/28/14 at 7:07pm
post #4492 of 4496

The only point without a real argument against it was Takato's observation that many R10s are now rotting away and might not be the best choice right now. However, everyone has his or her own tastes in audio and the K1000, Abyss, etc. all have their fans. They're all considered top-tier headphones in the community as a whole. There's no reason to simply reject a certain headphone from the TOTL category because it doesn't fit your sonic preferences.

post #4493 of 4496
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

In an effort to get this thread back on track, here's my most recent list:

1. SennGrado
2. DT880 Pro
3. D2000
4. ZMF V1
5. MDR 7506
6. HiFlight Modded KSC75

This ranking is totally based on percentages of head-time.


Now that is a curious turn of events. What makes the GradHeisers outperform the 880pro's ?

post #4494 of 4496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Now that is a curious turn of events. What makes the GradHeisers outperform the 880pro's ?

Good question. Lemme do some A/Bing and get back. It beats mentioning that the SGs have sentimentality on their side as I basically assembled them from scratch.
post #4495 of 4496
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


Good question. Lemme do some A/Bing and get back. It beats mentioning that the SGs have sentimentality on their side as I basically assembled them from scratch.


Hey I think sentimentality has a place in the subjective reviewers arsenal. I have more than one phone I cannot (or will not) qualify beyond "I just like listening to them"

 

I will look forward to the AB comparo though.

post #4496 of 4496

DT990 (600)

Philips X1

K702

 

My HD600 would be 2nd if they didn't have a driver fail recently. The DT990 is just such a fun sound, but it should be noted I listen at lower volume levels so loudness curves help here. The K702 is only last because I use them less because I usually only use them for acoustic and soundtracks which I listen to a lot less.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Rank the Headphones that You Own.