- 6,358 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Northern Illinois/Boston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 287post #4291 of 56077/3/14 at 10:48pmI can attest to that particular pair of K340's sounding fantastic with tubes.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4292 of 56077/3/14 at 11:23pmpost #4293 of 56077/4/14 at 12:17amQuote:
Thanks. I didn't get much direct feedback at the meet as people were busy with the new planars.Quote:
You certainly have a point. I usually wear it lying down on the sofa, so comfort isn't a particular issue.post #4294 of 56077/4/14 at 9:21amQuote:
I actually liked it more than the LCD-2+HPA-5000 combo, not to mention most other rigs there.post #4295 of 56077/4/14 at 9:29ampost #4296 of 56077/4/14 at 9:40ampost #4297 of 56077/4/14 at 9:56amQuote:
The 650 was my upgrade from the excellent 580s, and to my ears the difference was mainly improved midrange clarity and high end extension, plus they image very well. The 580's remain one of my favorites for all-around good sound and even though the Alpha Dogs are my new #1, I still find myself reaching for the 580's for quick plug in and listen when I don't want to fire up the amp. The 650's take it up a notch from overall good sound into the realm of critical listening... and the Alpha Dogs, to my mind, top them with overall better balance.post #4298 of 56077/4/14 at 10:43am
Ranked in terms of both my preference and head time. I like the T1 and W5000 almost equally, and the the W1000X and HD650 almost equally. So perhaps the two pairs are more like 1 and 2. They present the music in contrasting signatures.
I mostly use the HD650 when I'm lying down, mainly because the narrowish shape of the cups allows you to lay your head down without the headphone being moved.post #4299 of 56077/4/14 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Ableza
The 650 was my upgrade from the excellent 580s, and to my ears the difference was mainly improved midrange clarity and high end extension, plus they image very well. The 580's remain one of my favorites for all-around good sound and even though the Alpha Dogs are my new #1, I still find myself reaching for the 580's for quick plug in and listen when I don't want to fire up the amp. The 650's take it up a notch from overall good sound into the realm of critical listening... and the Alpha Dogs, to my mind, top them with overall better balance.
Thank you, Ableza, for the quick reply! Really appreciate it.post #4300 of 56077/4/14 at 11:50ampost #4301 of 56077/4/14 at 6:12pmpost #4302 of 56077/4/14 at 6:51pmpost #4303 of 56077/4/14 at 7:05pm
Haven't done this in a while and some changes recently...so here goes:
2.) SR-007 Mk1 / LCD-X (tie)
8.) MDR-10RNCpost #4304 of 56077/5/14 at 8:00amQuote:
The PM-1 must be some headphone to knock your M90 off the top spot. I've been following your impressions in the PM-1 thread, too, and it seems you're impressed.
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Playstation 4 Pro is Out! 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Amp and headphone combo used $800 39 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread 1 minute ago
- › Usb Interface for Monitors and Headphones 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 1 minute ago
- › [FS] AK 240 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 6 minutes ago
- › Do Headphones That Have Higher Impedance & Lower Sensitivity... 7 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear