- 6,370 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Northern Illinois/Boston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 12/17/16 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 287post #4291 of 57357/3/14 at 10:48pmI can attest to that particular pair of K340's sounding fantastic with tubes.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4292 of 57357/3/14 at 11:23pmpost #4293 of 57357/4/14 at 12:17amQuote:
Thanks. I didn't get much direct feedback at the meet as people were busy with the new planars.Quote:
You certainly have a point. I usually wear it lying down on the sofa, so comfort isn't a particular issue.post #4294 of 57357/4/14 at 9:21amQuote:
I actually liked it more than the LCD-2+HPA-5000 combo, not to mention most other rigs there.post #4295 of 57357/4/14 at 9:29ampost #4296 of 57357/4/14 at 9:40ampost #4297 of 57357/4/14 at 9:56amQuote:
The 650 was my upgrade from the excellent 580s, and to my ears the difference was mainly improved midrange clarity and high end extension, plus they image very well. The 580's remain one of my favorites for all-around good sound and even though the Alpha Dogs are my new #1, I still find myself reaching for the 580's for quick plug in and listen when I don't want to fire up the amp. The 650's take it up a notch from overall good sound into the realm of critical listening... and the Alpha Dogs, to my mind, top them with overall better balance.post #4298 of 57357/4/14 at 10:43am
Ranked in terms of both my preference and head time. I like the T1 and W5000 almost equally, and the the W1000X and HD650 almost equally. So perhaps the two pairs are more like 1 and 2. They present the music in contrasting signatures.
I mostly use the HD650 when I'm lying down, mainly because the narrowish shape of the cups allows you to lay your head down without the headphone being moved.post #4299 of 57357/4/14 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Ableza
The 650 was my upgrade from the excellent 580s, and to my ears the difference was mainly improved midrange clarity and high end extension, plus they image very well. The 580's remain one of my favorites for all-around good sound and even though the Alpha Dogs are my new #1, I still find myself reaching for the 580's for quick plug in and listen when I don't want to fire up the amp. The 650's take it up a notch from overall good sound into the realm of critical listening... and the Alpha Dogs, to my mind, top them with overall better balance.
Thank you, Ableza, for the quick reply! Really appreciate it.post #4300 of 57357/4/14 at 11:50ampost #4301 of 57357/4/14 at 6:12pmpost #4302 of 57357/4/14 at 6:51pmpost #4303 of 57357/4/14 at 7:05pm
Haven't done this in a while and some changes recently...so here goes:
2.) SR-007 Mk1 / LCD-X (tie)
8.) MDR-10RNCpost #4304 of 57357/5/14 at 8:00amQuote:
The PM-1 must be some headphone to knock your M90 off the top spot. I've been following your impressions in the PM-1 thread, too, and it seems you're impressed.
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Quake! Come on, you know you loved it! And I mean Quake 1 and Team... 22 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Corrupt a wish 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 7 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 11 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear