Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 12/17/16 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 263post #3931 of 56793/19/14 at 1:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3932 of 56793/19/14 at 1:50pm
For the time being I use my Bel Canto DAC 2.5 to drive my TH900's.
The Bel Canto will be replaced my LH Labs Geek Pulse-Xf + LPS that I have already ordered, but it will not arrive until this summer.
I am sure you will love the TH900's.post #3933 of 56793/19/14 at 2:04pmpost #3934 of 56793/19/14 at 4:03pmpost #3935 of 56793/19/14 at 6:21pmQuote:amping the X10's helped a TON, and they respond very well to EQ. Idk if this is true with the X11, but id assume they're very similar.Originally Posted by pwiles1968
1) AKG K551 - very comfortable and a sound that suits my listening taste, does sound better from my cMoy.
2) Klipsh X11i - still new to me and very close in performance to the 551, prefer the 551 but X11 are my travel choice sounds Ok from portables, use it with Comply T100s on a plane but this makes the presentation too dark for my normal listening tastes so the single dome silicons sit on there most of the time, my amp is away so not sure how much difference an amp makes
3) Allesandro MS1 - one of my oldest HPs still love it but open backs do not suit my listening habits/environment, also prefers amplification.
4) Shure E2 - up until recently my travel HP, surpassed by some margin by the first 2 on the list, find it tiring when listening for long periods especially on cmoy.
Have lots of disposable buds, sport headphones and bits but nothing worth mention.post #3936 of 56793/22/14 at 9:29am
A Non-audiophile Ranking
1. B&W P7: Great and stylish headphones. Unbelievable clarity, the bass is accurate and is also extremely comfortable to wear for long durations. Tested the Sennheiser Momentums, Beyerdynamic T1p, KEF M500 and Sony MDR-7520; the B&W P7 beats all of them.
I cannot wait to get the FiiO X5 as I was given a demonstration alongside an amplifier, and it generated the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.
2. Apple Earpods: Very good headphones for the price. Yes, I put them above the MF-100. The MF-100's were that uncomfortable!
3. Musical Fidelity MF-100: These were just horrible. The clamping pressure was the worst on any headphone I have ever used (including cheap headphones). They were extremely uncomfortable, and I do not recommend them. I had to send them back as they were putting far too much pressure on my ears. As for the sound, it was far from great. Stay away from these headphones.
I am hoping to add more headphones to my collection.
Edited by H6916 - 3/22/14 at 5:31pmpost #3937 of 56793/22/14 at 11:53am
1. Denon 2000's (Wish they were lighter)
2. Beyerdynamic 990 (Could be favorite if they were more dynamic)
3. AKG 404 (Put cheapo flat foam pads on these and they are perfect portable/gym headphones)
4. Audio Technica ad700's (Only really good for gaming)
5. Sennheiser 555's (Artificial sounding version of ad700 that doesn't do any thing above average)
6. $2 cheap airplane headphones
7. Grado s80 (absolutely hate these)post #3938 of 56793/22/14 at 1:05pmQuote:
They are similar if not identical.post #3939 of 56793/22/14 at 6:18pmpost #3940 of 56793/22/14 at 6:38pmpost #3941 of 56793/23/14 at 2:09am
From Best to worst:
#1 - KRK KNS8400
#2 - JVC "Flats" HA-S160
#3 - Fostex T20 [Version 2]
#4 - Pioneer SE-30
#5 - Lafayette F-990
#6 - Sony MDR-E10LP
#7 - Realistic Pro 20 [Re-badged Koss K/6A]
#8 - no name, small scale, "supra-aural" headphonespost #3942 of 56793/23/14 at 6:27ampost #3943 of 56793/23/14 at 6:41am
Is it okay if I don't actually own them any more and they're not all full size?
1) VMODA M100 w/ XL Pads
2) Audio Technica ATH-A700X
3) FutureSonic Atrio MG7
4) Monster DNA on-ear
5) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80
6) Klipsch S4
7) Beats Mixr
8) Monster NTunes
9) Shure SRH840
I have a sneaking suspicion the Audeze LCD2 is about to hit #2 soon though. It'd be #1 but I have a real emotional connection to the M100s.post #3944 of 56793/23/14 at 6:58ampost #3945 of 56793/23/14 at 7:05amQuote:
I tested them off of a Burson Conductor and they were definitely fantastic. It actually took two tries to like them because attempt #1 was going in expecting a "bass heavy" headphone and I was really underwhelmed. But going in realizing that it's more of a "full and even" headphone they immediately made my ears smile. Like I said, the reason the M100s will likely stay at #1 is on one hand I just have a real emotional and visceral response to them, plus we're talking $300 vs $900 and I honestly believe price/performance ratio matters.
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 2 minutes ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 4 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 9 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 10 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear