- 5,574 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Florence, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 232post #3466 of 549311/15/13 at 5:04amDude, not the place for that question...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3467 of 549311/15/13 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by lisagorbin
Can you recommend me a headphone equal or better than sr80i except for ms1 because they're not available in my country. I'm not pulling the trigger on Grado sr80i yet because I'm concerned about it's versatility, and I enjoy a lot of music genre except rap and R&B. Unless someone would tell me it's versatile enough for other genres other than rock and metal. Max $100, preferably doesn't need an amp unless it will not go over my budget too much and not bass oriented. And is L-cush pad really a must for sr80i? Thanks.
There's a recommendations forum here for those asking for buying advice that's off-topic.post #3468 of 549311/15/13 at 7:21am
To put people back on topic...
This is a temporary order until my TDK IE800's arrive....
1. UE 700
2. JVC HAFX90
3. Monster Miles Davis Trumpet
4. Klipsch Reference S4
5. Philips SHE3580post #3469 of 549311/15/13 at 7:33ampost #3470 of 549311/15/13 at 7:50ampost #3471 of 549311/15/13 at 8:35ampost #3472 of 549311/15/13 at 4:49pmpost #3473 of 549311/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #3474 of 549311/16/13 at 4:45pm
Oh my God. So that's why you sold the HE-60. Lucky :<
Edited by takato14 - 11/16/13 at 7:35pmpost #3475 of 549311/16/13 at 6:35pmpost #3476 of 549311/16/13 at 7:31pmpost #3477 of 549311/16/13 at 8:10pmThe 880's and 240's are from memory. I do not own them at this time.
The 668's and KSC75's are what I listen to the most, swapping out the CAL! and perhaps one of the IEMS. The Sony sound very good with a home amp setup. When traveling I use the 750's or UE500. The ES18 are good, but not up to the level of the other IEMs and they feel 'hard' when inserted.
For the price it's the 750's or KSC75's, hands down. 41RMB, $7 USD including shipping. The Koss' are 3X the price here. $30, not $9 as you would pay in North America.
For $9, they are a must purchase. Just add them to your line.
Ranking | HP/IEM | When Purchased
1 Beyerdynamic DT880 - Classic 6-Mar-1986
2 KSC75 13-Nov-2013
3 AKG240 Sextetts - Classic 1-Jun-1979
4 Creative Aurvana Live! 7-May-2013
5 Logitech Ultimate Ears 500 7-May-2013
6 Superlux HD-681 B 14-Nov-2013
7 Superlux HD-668 B 27-Mar-2013
8 Superlux HD-681 F 13-Nov-2013
9 Sony MH750 4-Nov-2013
10 ZH Edifier H840 20-Aug-2013
11 SoundMagic ES18 4-Nov-2013
12 ZH Bingle "Denmark" B-850-M 19-Aug-2013
13 ZH Evo Plextor D500 14-Aug-2013
14 ZH Sennic ST-80 19-Aug-2013
15 ZH Salar DJ A100 19-Aug-2013
16 ZH Somic MH432i 19-Aug-2013
17 ZH Liberalism IR-S21 19-Aug-2013
18 Logitech H530 1-Jan-2006
19 Sony MDR-NC6 1-Oct-2004
Anything listed greater than 14 is unlistenable. The NC6 should be listed under the Geneva Convention. Just awful.
Edited by marone - 11/16/13 at 8:22pmpost #3478 of 549311/16/13 at 8:34pmQuote:
I know that "bang for buck" the ksc75's can't be beat. But I'm surprised that you actually rank them higher than the Sextetts in terms of SQ.post #3479 of 549311/16/13 at 8:35pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Join in the first meeting ever of FiiO in US!! 32 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 44 seconds ago
- › Getiing a New pair og Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › IMods 3 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon 3 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...