- 2,432 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Birmingham, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 11/26/13 at 12:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 9/14/12 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for reference headphones Last post on 1/28/14 at 4:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 232post #3466 of 384911/15/13 at 5:04amDude, not the place for that question...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3467 of 384911/15/13 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by lisagorbin
Can you recommend me a headphone equal or better than sr80i except for ms1 because they're not available in my country. I'm not pulling the trigger on Grado sr80i yet because I'm concerned about it's versatility, and I enjoy a lot of music genre except rap and R&B. Unless someone would tell me it's versatile enough for other genres other than rock and metal. Max $100, preferably doesn't need an amp unless it will not go over my budget too much and not bass oriented. And is L-cush pad really a must for sr80i? Thanks.
There's a recommendations forum here for those asking for buying advice that's off-topic.post #3468 of 384911/15/13 at 7:21am
To put people back on topic...
This is a temporary order until my TDK IE800's arrive....
1. UE 700
2. JVC HAFX90
3. Monster Miles Davis Trumpet
4. Klipsch Reference S4
5. Philips SHE3580post #3469 of 384911/15/13 at 7:33ampost #3470 of 384911/15/13 at 7:50ampost #3471 of 384911/15/13 at 8:35ampost #3472 of 384911/15/13 at 4:49pmpost #3473 of 384911/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #3474 of 384911/16/13 at 4:45pm
Oh my God. So that's why you sold the HE-60. Lucky :<
Edited by takato14 - 11/16/13 at 7:35pmpost #3475 of 384911/16/13 at 6:35pmpost #3476 of 384911/16/13 at 7:31pmpost #3477 of 384911/16/13 at 8:10pmThe 880's and 240's are from memory. I do not own them at this time.
The 668's and KSC75's are what I listen to the most, swapping out the CAL! and perhaps one of the IEMS. The Sony sound very good with a home amp setup. When traveling I use the 750's or UE500. The ES18 are good, but not up to the level of the other IEMs and they feel 'hard' when inserted.
For the price it's the 750's or KSC75's, hands down. 41RMB, $7 USD including shipping. The Koss' are 3X the price here. $30, not $9 as you would pay in North America.
For $9, they are a must purchase. Just add them to your line.
Ranking | HP/IEM | When Purchased
1 Beyerdynamic DT880 - Classic 6-Mar-1986
2 KSC75 13-Nov-2013
3 AKG240 Sextetts - Classic 1-Jun-1979
4 Creative Aurvana Live! 7-May-2013
5 Logitech Ultimate Ears 500 7-May-2013
6 Superlux HD-681 B 14-Nov-2013
7 Superlux HD-668 B 27-Mar-2013
8 Superlux HD-681 F 13-Nov-2013
9 Sony MH750 4-Nov-2013
10 ZH Edifier H840 20-Aug-2013
11 SoundMagic ES18 4-Nov-2013
12 ZH Bingle "Denmark" B-850-M 19-Aug-2013
13 ZH Evo Plextor D500 14-Aug-2013
14 ZH Sennic ST-80 19-Aug-2013
15 ZH Salar DJ A100 19-Aug-2013
16 ZH Somic MH432i 19-Aug-2013
17 ZH Liberalism IR-S21 19-Aug-2013
18 Logitech H530 1-Jan-2006
19 Sony MDR-NC6 1-Oct-2004
Anything listed greater than 14 is unlistenable. The NC6 should be listed under the Geneva Convention. Just awful.
Edited by marone - 11/16/13 at 8:22pmpost #3478 of 384911/16/13 at 8:34pmQuote:
I know that "bang for buck" the ksc75's can't be beat. But I'm surprised that you actually rank them higher than the Sextetts in terms of SQ.post #3479 of 384911/16/13 at 8:35pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Music Game IX 30 seconds ago
- › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) 35 seconds ago
- › Looking for solid headphones in the region of £100-200 37 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › New M50x-s causing pain 1 minute ago
- › Computer use soundcard 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: SoundMagic HP200 2 minutes ago
- › Monster Gratitude, JVC HA-S500, Teac ZE-1000 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude