- 4,639 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Florence, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 232post #3466 of 505811/15/13 at 5:04amDude, not the place for that question...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3467 of 505811/15/13 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by lisagorbin
Can you recommend me a headphone equal or better than sr80i except for ms1 because they're not available in my country. I'm not pulling the trigger on Grado sr80i yet because I'm concerned about it's versatility, and I enjoy a lot of music genre except rap and R&B. Unless someone would tell me it's versatile enough for other genres other than rock and metal. Max $100, preferably doesn't need an amp unless it will not go over my budget too much and not bass oriented. And is L-cush pad really a must for sr80i? Thanks.
There's a recommendations forum here for those asking for buying advice that's off-topic.post #3468 of 505811/15/13 at 7:21am
To put people back on topic...
This is a temporary order until my TDK IE800's arrive....
1. UE 700
2. JVC HAFX90
3. Monster Miles Davis Trumpet
4. Klipsch Reference S4
5. Philips SHE3580post #3469 of 505811/15/13 at 7:33ampost #3470 of 505811/15/13 at 7:50ampost #3471 of 505811/15/13 at 8:35ampost #3472 of 505811/15/13 at 4:49pmpost #3473 of 505811/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #3474 of 505811/16/13 at 4:45pm
Oh my God. So that's why you sold the HE-60. Lucky :<
Edited by takato14 - 11/16/13 at 7:35pmpost #3475 of 505811/16/13 at 6:35pmpost #3476 of 505811/16/13 at 7:31pmpost #3477 of 505811/16/13 at 8:10pmThe 880's and 240's are from memory. I do not own them at this time.
The 668's and KSC75's are what I listen to the most, swapping out the CAL! and perhaps one of the IEMS. The Sony sound very good with a home amp setup. When traveling I use the 750's or UE500. The ES18 are good, but not up to the level of the other IEMs and they feel 'hard' when inserted.
For the price it's the 750's or KSC75's, hands down. 41RMB, $7 USD including shipping. The Koss' are 3X the price here. $30, not $9 as you would pay in North America.
For $9, they are a must purchase. Just add them to your line.
Ranking | HP/IEM | When Purchased
1 Beyerdynamic DT880 - Classic 6-Mar-1986
2 KSC75 13-Nov-2013
3 AKG240 Sextetts - Classic 1-Jun-1979
4 Creative Aurvana Live! 7-May-2013
5 Logitech Ultimate Ears 500 7-May-2013
6 Superlux HD-681 B 14-Nov-2013
7 Superlux HD-668 B 27-Mar-2013
8 Superlux HD-681 F 13-Nov-2013
9 Sony MH750 4-Nov-2013
10 ZH Edifier H840 20-Aug-2013
11 SoundMagic ES18 4-Nov-2013
12 ZH Bingle "Denmark" B-850-M 19-Aug-2013
13 ZH Evo Plextor D500 14-Aug-2013
14 ZH Sennic ST-80 19-Aug-2013
15 ZH Salar DJ A100 19-Aug-2013
16 ZH Somic MH432i 19-Aug-2013
17 ZH Liberalism IR-S21 19-Aug-2013
18 Logitech H530 1-Jan-2006
19 Sony MDR-NC6 1-Oct-2004
Anything listed greater than 14 is unlistenable. The NC6 should be listed under the Geneva Convention. Just awful.
Edited by marone - 11/16/13 at 8:22pmpost #3478 of 505811/16/13 at 8:34pmQuote:
I know that "bang for buck" the ksc75's can't be beat. But I'm surprised that you actually rank them higher than the Sextetts in terms of SQ.post #3479 of 505811/16/13 at 8:35pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 12 seconds ago
- › Looking For Headphones $400 And Under 30 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 38 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 55 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2