- 3,739 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Birmingham, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 11/26/13 at 12:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 4/2/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 232post #3466 of 454511/15/13 at 5:04amDude, not the place for that question...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3467 of 454511/15/13 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by lisagorbin
Can you recommend me a headphone equal or better than sr80i except for ms1 because they're not available in my country. I'm not pulling the trigger on Grado sr80i yet because I'm concerned about it's versatility, and I enjoy a lot of music genre except rap and R&B. Unless someone would tell me it's versatile enough for other genres other than rock and metal. Max $100, preferably doesn't need an amp unless it will not go over my budget too much and not bass oriented. And is L-cush pad really a must for sr80i? Thanks.
There's a recommendations forum here for those asking for buying advice that's off-topic.post #3468 of 454511/15/13 at 7:21am
To put people back on topic...
This is a temporary order until my TDK IE800's arrive....
1. UE 700
2. JVC HAFX90
3. Monster Miles Davis Trumpet
4. Klipsch Reference S4
5. Philips SHE3580post #3469 of 454511/15/13 at 7:33ampost #3470 of 454511/15/13 at 7:50ampost #3471 of 454511/15/13 at 8:35ampost #3472 of 454511/15/13 at 4:49pmpost #3473 of 454511/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #3474 of 454511/16/13 at 4:45pm
Oh my God. So that's why you sold the HE-60. Lucky :<
Edited by takato14 - 11/16/13 at 7:35pmpost #3475 of 454511/16/13 at 6:35pmpost #3476 of 454511/16/13 at 7:31pmpost #3477 of 454511/16/13 at 8:10pmThe 880's and 240's are from memory. I do not own them at this time.
The 668's and KSC75's are what I listen to the most, swapping out the CAL! and perhaps one of the IEMS. The Sony sound very good with a home amp setup. When traveling I use the 750's or UE500. The ES18 are good, but not up to the level of the other IEMs and they feel 'hard' when inserted.
For the price it's the 750's or KSC75's, hands down. 41RMB, $7 USD including shipping. The Koss' are 3X the price here. $30, not $9 as you would pay in North America.
For $9, they are a must purchase. Just add them to your line.
Ranking | HP/IEM | When Purchased
1 Beyerdynamic DT880 - Classic 6-Mar-1986
2 KSC75 13-Nov-2013
3 AKG240 Sextetts - Classic 1-Jun-1979
4 Creative Aurvana Live! 7-May-2013
5 Logitech Ultimate Ears 500 7-May-2013
6 Superlux HD-681 B 14-Nov-2013
7 Superlux HD-668 B 27-Mar-2013
8 Superlux HD-681 F 13-Nov-2013
9 Sony MH750 4-Nov-2013
10 ZH Edifier H840 20-Aug-2013
11 SoundMagic ES18 4-Nov-2013
12 ZH Bingle "Denmark" B-850-M 19-Aug-2013
13 ZH Evo Plextor D500 14-Aug-2013
14 ZH Sennic ST-80 19-Aug-2013
15 ZH Salar DJ A100 19-Aug-2013
16 ZH Somic MH432i 19-Aug-2013
17 ZH Liberalism IR-S21 19-Aug-2013
18 Logitech H530 1-Jan-2006
19 Sony MDR-NC6 1-Oct-2004
Anything listed greater than 14 is unlistenable. The NC6 should be listed under the Geneva Convention. Just awful.
Edited by marone - 11/16/13 at 8:22pmpost #3478 of 454511/16/13 at 8:34pmQuote:
I know that "bang for buck" the ksc75's can't be beat. But I'm surprised that you actually rank them higher than the Sextetts in terms of SQ.post #3479 of 454511/16/13 at 8:35pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Music Game IX 32 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Ramen-Fi! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)