- 4,690 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Florence, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 6/5/15 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction:The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 232post #3466 of 510411/15/13 at 5:04amDude, not the place for that question...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3467 of 510411/15/13 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by lisagorbin
Can you recommend me a headphone equal or better than sr80i except for ms1 because they're not available in my country. I'm not pulling the trigger on Grado sr80i yet because I'm concerned about it's versatility, and I enjoy a lot of music genre except rap and R&B. Unless someone would tell me it's versatile enough for other genres other than rock and metal. Max $100, preferably doesn't need an amp unless it will not go over my budget too much and not bass oriented. And is L-cush pad really a must for sr80i? Thanks.
There's a recommendations forum here for those asking for buying advice that's off-topic.post #3468 of 510411/15/13 at 7:21am
To put people back on topic...
This is a temporary order until my TDK IE800's arrive....
1. UE 700
2. JVC HAFX90
3. Monster Miles Davis Trumpet
4. Klipsch Reference S4
5. Philips SHE3580post #3469 of 510411/15/13 at 7:33ampost #3470 of 510411/15/13 at 7:50ampost #3471 of 510411/15/13 at 8:35ampost #3472 of 510411/15/13 at 4:49pmpost #3473 of 510411/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #3474 of 510411/16/13 at 4:45pm
Oh my God. So that's why you sold the HE-60. Lucky :<
Edited by takato14 - 11/16/13 at 7:35pmpost #3475 of 510411/16/13 at 6:35pmpost #3476 of 510411/16/13 at 7:31pmpost #3477 of 510411/16/13 at 8:10pmThe 880's and 240's are from memory. I do not own them at this time.
The 668's and KSC75's are what I listen to the most, swapping out the CAL! and perhaps one of the IEMS. The Sony sound very good with a home amp setup. When traveling I use the 750's or UE500. The ES18 are good, but not up to the level of the other IEMs and they feel 'hard' when inserted.
For the price it's the 750's or KSC75's, hands down. 41RMB, $7 USD including shipping. The Koss' are 3X the price here. $30, not $9 as you would pay in North America.
For $9, they are a must purchase. Just add them to your line.
Ranking | HP/IEM | When Purchased
1 Beyerdynamic DT880 - Classic 6-Mar-1986
2 KSC75 13-Nov-2013
3 AKG240 Sextetts - Classic 1-Jun-1979
4 Creative Aurvana Live! 7-May-2013
5 Logitech Ultimate Ears 500 7-May-2013
6 Superlux HD-681 B 14-Nov-2013
7 Superlux HD-668 B 27-Mar-2013
8 Superlux HD-681 F 13-Nov-2013
9 Sony MH750 4-Nov-2013
10 ZH Edifier H840 20-Aug-2013
11 SoundMagic ES18 4-Nov-2013
12 ZH Bingle "Denmark" B-850-M 19-Aug-2013
13 ZH Evo Plextor D500 14-Aug-2013
14 ZH Sennic ST-80 19-Aug-2013
15 ZH Salar DJ A100 19-Aug-2013
16 ZH Somic MH432i 19-Aug-2013
17 ZH Liberalism IR-S21 19-Aug-2013
18 Logitech H530 1-Jan-2006
19 Sony MDR-NC6 1-Oct-2004
Anything listed greater than 14 is unlistenable. The NC6 should be listed under the Geneva Convention. Just awful.
Edited by marone - 11/16/13 at 8:22pmpost #3478 of 510411/16/13 at 8:34pmQuote:
I know that "bang for buck" the ksc75's can't be beat. But I'm surprised that you actually rank them higher than the Sextetts in terms of SQ.post #3479 of 510411/16/13 at 8:35pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › How To: Process High Resolution Music Files 4 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 5 minutes ago
- › XBA-40 + AMP (Which one ?) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 8 minutes ago
- › New Release - AKG K181 DJ Ultimate Edition, launching on Massdrop 10 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 11 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)