1. Koss Pro DJ 100 / TB + M50 pads
2. AKG Q701 - Totally smooth with nearly everything on my Micro Amp + Modi (both transparent). Sounds good with E17 DAC too.
3. Sennheiser HD-650 (this sounds pretty balanced, but I got a little more mid-bass with new pads and it became very slightly more muffled sounding). I use this for gaming/movies.
4. AKG K400 EP (see through screen, deeper pads, less treble than LP). Sounds like a more forgiving Q701 that's darker. Scored this for $69 on Amazon mint!
5. Sennheiser HD-598
6. AKG K400 LP (very trebly/thin. Not very warm at all and almost requires K601 pads)
7. AKG Q701 + Anniversary pads (this is 99% identical to the Anniversary or so they say) - Hate it. Seems warmer, but can't really hear much of this increased bass. Just sounds like less treble and more muffled sounding.
BTW the two K400s have totally different drivers. Weird huh? My K400 LP driver looks like a K500 driver!
I would say my least used headphone now is the HD-598. Not sure why since I like it so much.
The ranking is also based on how much time i've spent with each. I've purchased about a dozen DJ100s so far and most of them are gone now. Nuts! They do sound maybe 20% better with M50 pads. I don't like them as a portable.
Right now I'd say I use my Q701 for music 75% of the time.