i guess the person who is saying portapro>hd600 is not amping the hd600 correctly.. i think he just like forward sound that the relaxed laidback sound.. buy shure u will just fall in love with them
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 204
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3047 of 56086/13/13 at 6:17amQuote:
But the porta pro would sound better with a good source too .
In my case, I'm tempted to rank the ksc75 above my hd595, but the ksc75 have a more grainy sound, and comfort is off course not the same. So I conceive that people would like the sound signature of ksc75 more than the hd595; but in term of refinement , I believe the higher price is justified.post #3048 of 56086/13/13 at 8:59am
portapro are 24 ohm headphone they will do well when plugged directly to the source in other case hd600 are 300 ohm headphones. they need power to gv its best... amp will supply the required power. and i rate ksc75 more than my hd515(u can see my list). portapro's r not as accurate as ksc75(imo). hd5X5 series was bad. but the improvement in 5X8 is awesome.as well in hd6XX group..post #3049 of 56086/13/13 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by jump3r
portapro are 24 ohm headphone they will do well when plugged directly to the source in other case hd600 are 300 ohm headphones. they need power to gv its best... amp will supply the required power. and i rate ksc75 more than my hd515(u can see my list). portapro's r not as accurate as ksc75(imo). hd5X5 series was bad. but the improvement in 5X8 is awesome.as well in hd6XX group..
PortaPro are 60 ohm, not 24 ohm.....same as the KSC75.
Edited by Achmedisdead - 6/13/13 at 10:07ampost #3050 of 56086/13/13 at 9:07am
I expect even a poorly powered HD600 would outperform the PPs from most peoples perspective, I imagine his dislike for them is deeper than that. I still find it hard to believe though considering they're the least favourite pair in my collection!post #3051 of 56086/13/13 at 9:49amQuote:
I don't find it too surprising, I found the Senn sound doesn't float some peoples boats, I'm personally not really a Senn fan, something about them sounds wrong to me. For me I haven't listened to a Senn I truly felt was worth the price. I much rather have a K240, K70x, or DT 990(with a decent tube amp to add warmth and tame the treble), etc. than a HD 600/650.post #3052 of 56086/13/13 at 10:01ampost #3053 of 56086/13/13 at 10:09amQuote:
KSC35 and PortaPro and SportaPro have the same driver. KSC75 and KTXPro1 have that same driver but it has been titanium coated.post #3054 of 56086/13/13 at 10:17ampost #3055 of 56086/13/13 at 11:40am
Because of absolutely no fault of the can. I really love my HD 600 for certain genres. I just prefer sparkly and agressive signatures.post #3056 of 56086/13/13 at 11:42amQuote:
Then you have guessed wrong, my friend.post #3057 of 56086/13/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Exactly. This thread is about favorites. Not about what sounds better. All purely subjective.post #3058 of 56086/13/13 at 12:13pmpost #3059 of 56086/13/13 at 1:05pmQuote:
When I saw your list, I wasn't that surprised. The HD580s are great headphones, but I don't hardly listen to them because they don't have the signature that I want for most of my music. I'm guessing that the price of the PP and the 600's have an effect on your ranking? In terms of "value" it's not surprising at all to see HD600's at the bottom of someone's list (not saying that's why they're at the bottom of yours). On the other hand, it isn't surprising to see them at the top of others' lists. Personally, if I spent the MSRP on HD600's, HE-400's, and X1's, I'd have a very hard time justifying the HD600 price tag.post #3060 of 56086/13/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
When I saw your list, I wasn't that surprised. The HD580s are great headphones, but I don't hardly listen to them because they don't have the signature that I want for most of my music. I'm guessing that the price of the PP and the 600's have an effect on your ranking? In terms of "value" it's not surprising at all to see HD600's at the bottom of someone's list (not saying that's why they're at the bottom of yours). On the other hand, it isn't surprising to see them at the top of others' lists. Personally, if I spent the MSRP on HD600's, HE-400's, and X1's, I'd have a very hard time justifying the HD600 price tag.
Yup, you nailed exactly what I was thinking. I'm taking all aspects into consideration. I feel like I have more fun with the PP on my head vs the HD 600 and it doesn't hurt that I'm thinking, "Man, all this sound and fun for $40?!"
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › FS: Chord Mojo 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones sale 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 7 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 7 minutes ago
- › Would my home theatre receiver be able to drive Sennheiser HD 650s? 8 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 8 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear