or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Rank the Headphones that You Own.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 204

post #3046 of 5608

i guess the person who is saying portapro>hd600 is not amping the hd600 correctly.. i think he just like forward sound that the relaxed laidback sound.. buy shure u will just fall in love with them

post #3047 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jump3r View Post

i guess the person who is saying portapro>hd600 is not amping the hd600 correctly.. i think he just like forward sound that the relaxed laidback sound.. buy shure u will just fall in love with them


But the porta pro would  sound better with a good source too wink.gif.

 

In my case, I'm tempted to rank the ksc75 above my hd595, but the ksc75 have a more grainy sound, and comfort is off course not the same. So I conceive that people would like the sound signature of ksc75 more than the hd595;  but in term of refinement , I believe the higher price is justified.

post #3048 of 5608

portapro are 24 ohm headphone they will do well when plugged directly to the source in other case hd600 are 300 ohm headphones. they need power to gv its best... amp will supply the required power. and i rate ksc75 more than my hd515(u can see my list). portapro's r not as accurate as ksc75(imo). hd5X5 series was bad. but the improvement in 5X8 is awesome.as well in hd6XX group.. beyersmile.png

post #3049 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jump3r View Post

portapro are 24 ohm headphone they will do well when plugged directly to the source in other case hd600 are 300 ohm headphones. they need power to gv its best... amp will supply the required power. and i rate ksc75 more than my hd515(u can see my list). portapro's r not as accurate as ksc75(imo). hd5X5 series was bad. but the improvement in 5X8 is awesome.as well in hd6XX group.. beyersmile.png

PortaPro are 60 ohm, not 24 ohm.....same as the KSC75.


Edited by Achmedisdead - 6/13/13 at 10:07am
post #3050 of 5608

I expect even a poorly powered HD600 would outperform the PPs from most peoples perspective, I imagine his dislike for them is deeper than that. I still find it hard to believe though considering they're the least favourite pair in my collection!

post #3051 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHedges View Post

I expect even a poorly powered HD600 would outperform the PPs from most peoples perspective, I imagine his dislike for them is deeper than that. I still find it hard to believe though considering they're the least favourite pair in my collection!

 



I don't find it too surprising, I found the Senn sound doesn't float some peoples boats, I'm personally not really a Senn fan, something about them sounds wrong to me. For me I haven't listened to a Senn I truly felt was worth the price. I much rather have a K240, K70x, or DT 990(with a decent tube amp to add warmth and tame the treble), etc. than a HD 600/650.

post #3052 of 5608

Doesn't PortaPro and KSC75 use the same driver? Or is that SportaPro? Years ago I had a Koss portable headphone with a titanium driver, KSC35? They were decent for the price too.

post #3053 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schonen View Post

Doesn't PortaPro and KSC75 use the same driver? Or is that SportaPro? Years ago I had a Koss portable headphone with a titanium driver, KSC35? They were decent for the price too.

KSC35 and PortaPro and SportaPro have the same driver. KSC75 and KTXPro1 have that same driver but it has been titanium coated. 

post #3054 of 5608

Thx for clarification.

post #3055 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHedges View Post

Why do they rank so low, if you don't mind my asking?

Because of absolutely no fault of the can. I really love my HD 600 for certain genres. I just prefer sparkly and agressive signatures.

post #3056 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jump3r View Post

i guess the person who is saying portapro>hd600 is not amping the hd600 correctly.. i think he just like forward sound that the relaxed laidback sound.. buy shure u will just fall in love with them

Then you have guessed wrong, my friend.

post #3057 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHedges View Post

I expect even a poorly powered HD600 would outperform the PPs from most peoples perspective, I imagine his dislike for them is deeper than that. I still find it hard to believe though considering they're the least favourite pair in my collection!

Exactly. This thread is about favorites. Not about what sounds better. All purely subjective.

post #3058 of 5608
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit View Post
 

 

SR009

 

 

HE6

 

 

PS1000

 

D7000

 

LCD2.1

 

ESW11 LTD

 

LAMBDA PRO

 

D2000

 

FX700

 

CK10

 

 

K701

 

ER-6i

 

Apple In-Ear

 

 

Apple iBud

 

Made some minor adjustments bigsmile_face.gif

post #3059 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

Exactly. This thread is about favorites. Not about what sounds better. All purely subjective.

When I saw your list, I wasn't that surprised. The HD580s are great headphones, but I don't hardly listen to them because they don't have the signature that I want for most of my music. I'm guessing that the price of the PP and the 600's have an effect on your ranking? In terms of "value" it's not surprising at all to see HD600's at the bottom of someone's list (not saying that's why they're at the bottom of yours). On the other hand, it isn't surprising to see them at the top of others' lists. Personally, if I spent the MSRP on HD600's, HE-400's, and X1's, I'd have a very hard time justifying the HD600 price tag.

post #3060 of 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujone View Post

When I saw your list, I wasn't that surprised. The HD580s are great headphones, but I don't hardly listen to them because they don't have the signature that I want for most of my music. I'm guessing that the price of the PP and the 600's have an effect on your ranking? In terms of "value" it's not surprising at all to see HD600's at the bottom of someone's list (not saying that's why they're at the bottom of yours). On the other hand, it isn't surprising to see them at the top of others' lists. Personally, if I spent the MSRP on HD600's, HE-400's, and X1's, I'd have a very hard time justifying the HD600 price tag.

Yup, you nailed exactly what I was thinking. I'm taking all aspects into consideration. I feel like I have more fun with the PP on my head vs the HD 600 and it doesn't hurt that I'm thinking, "Man, all this sound and fun for $40?!"

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Rank the Headphones that You Own.